Recent content by pva

1. pva

Demons of Asteborg DX

One of their strech goals is to add additional difficulty settings. I take it they intend to make the game even more bastard hard. 😅
  2. pva

Demons of Asteborg DX

Neofid Studios just announced that they're bringing their Demons of Asteborg remake, Demons of Asteborg DX, to the Neo Geo (and the GBA)! Going by the description, it also looks like it's not going to be just another lazy port, but that they're actually trying to put a novel twist on the NG...
  3. pva

Project Neon - possible neogeo shmup in the works

Oh, and you can add everyone's favourite Andorran fartmuppets to the list, too.
  4. pva

Well, I caved in and took a punt on it. We'll see how it goes come springtime, or whenever the game is finally going to ship. It's not that I mind the differing logos or art styles, it's just that all the other noteworthy homebrew developers (NGDT, Bitmap Bureau, Neobitz etc.) have managed to...
  5. pva

This might be a daft question, but does anyone remember seeing a mention of whether the snap box insert is going to be in the English or the Japanese style (or better yet, reversible), or in just the one or the other? My OCD/the Feng Shui of my shelf demands a Japanese cover! The pre-order page...
  6. pva

Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

You’re probably seeing the UK price (inclusive of VAT) converted to euros. If you follow the checkout process far enough (and choose an EU country as the destination), you’ll see the ex-VAT price (see screenshot). As to EU-friendly shipping, since you’re not paying VAT on checkout, and the...
  7. pva

Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

From their Kickstarter update: Sounds fair to me. (The £30 increase is, of course, relative to current XC pricing.)
  8. pva

Multi-consolising a HSS-0130 arcade stick

Here's a long-overdue, final update: Luckily, PAS had a restock of the MC Cthulhus earlier this year, and I managed to snag a pair of them, too. I then slapped the Saturn-to-JAMMA converters and the MC Cthulhus in an old project box (from '92, no less!), and wired them together using flat...
  9. pva

FOUND: Razion AES (JPN)

I'm looking to buy a copy of the Japanese version of Razion for the AES. I'd prefer to purchase from an seller within the EU in order to save on shipping costs, potential taxes and import duties etc., but I'm willing to entertain offers from outside the EU if the price is right. If you have...
  10. pva

Multi-consolising a HSS-0130 arcade stick

I recently chanced upon a mint Sega HSS-0130 at an agreeable price on eBay, and promptly proceeded to buy it as a Christmas present for myself. Having played a metric shit-ton of Saturn games over the holidays, I now find myself wanting to use the stick on other retro consoles besides the...
  11. pva

Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää o7

12. pva

Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

My setup is coming together nicely, even if I say so myself. (Cable management still needs work, though.) As a newcomer to the scene, I must admit I'm rather impressed by all the modifications and add-ons that the NG community has created, making a nearly 30-year-old console still a blast to...