Recent content by SavagePencil

1. SavagePencil

AES Case Shells for Fusion Convertor Sleeve

Hi all, I was lucky enough to get one of Furrtek's excellent Fusion MVS -> AES convertors a couple of years back. Something that's bugged me about it is that it's finicky to get in straight, and the spring loaded cart slot doors often make it tough to align it correctly. I'm looking for a...
  2. SavagePencil

MVS to AES converter crowdfunding

So I realized the only MVS cart I have at home is a never-tested-it 3 Count Bout (in fact, this cart came with my AES when I bought it, and the seller never mentioned it). Here's what I've discovered: Packaging is nice! The boards look clean. Looks like hand-soldering connecting the female...
  3. SavagePencil

AES sound problem...

I'm having some troubles with some of my AES carts booting fine, but the sound not coming up. Usually this requires re-seating the cart and away it goes. However, this is becoming more and more common. Does this problem happen to other people often? If it's a socket contact problem on the...
  4. SavagePencil

WTB Gururin and Zupapa! AES...

As per title; if you would be interested in parting with either of these carts, please drop me a PM with how much you'd want for them.
  5. SavagePencil

Anyone dealt with '2000milegamers' on eBay before?

Purchased a Neo cart from them middle of last week. They claim shipping within 2 days, and they did print a shipping label, but it's still sitting in San Mateo. They're not responding to any e-mail, even threats to cancel thru PayPal, etc. The one response I got from them was that it would...
  6. SavagePencil

WTB: AES Waku Waku 7 or MOTW...

I'm interested in AES copies of either of these titles, please drop me an IM if you've got one you'd be willing to part with and how much you'd like for it. Not picky about Japanese/English versions.
  7. SavagePencil

Stupid Genesis/Sega CD questions...

Just purchased an original Genesis with what appears to be the Mark 2 of the Sega CD. I don't have any Sega CD games yet, but I'm reading that for the CD audio I'll need to run an adaptor cable from the Genesis itself back to the CD unit? If this is the case, do I just run a standard headphone...
  8. SavagePencil

XBox 360 joysticks...

...do any joysticks currently exist for the XBox 360? Or any convertors from another form to the 360? With SF2 coming to 360 Live, I'd be really interested in getting a real stick over a lousy pad.
  9. SavagePencil

Turbo Duo CD output cutting out...

I'm having an issue where the CD audio (but none of the regular PCM/synth audio) is completely cutting out. At first I thought the CD drive itself was hosed, but it's perfectly capable of reading data off the disc, and it's even spinning during gameplay, just no audio coming out. The guy at...
  10. SavagePencil

How do you discover a combo?

I'm curious how people discover a particular combo that works. Given some of the crazy ones in KoF (very long strings of specific moves), how do you find some of these out? I ask because there's precious little that I could find on combos in KoF '94; I'm an OK player but really want to get my...
  11. SavagePencil

ID'ing a 'mystery' MVS cart?

Hi there, I recently purchased a 'lot' auction on eBay which included a bunch of AES games. When the box arrived, it also had a single MVS cart. Not having an MVS system handy, nor a Phantom convertor, I'm curious what the title actually is. It had some writing on the end in sharpie (no...