Recent content by skate323k137

1. skate323k137

15" Laptop Recos for MS Office, TurboTax, and Web Browsing

My 2010 macbook pro and 2011 imac are still kickin, the only reason I bought a newer mac was because both of those are capped at High Sierra :(. They have more RAM and SSD space than the brand new iMac I bought came with lol. Buying an older macbook and cramming it full of RAM / SSD is...
  2. skate323k137

Chat message

🍆
  3. skate323k137

15" Laptop Recos for MS Office, TurboTax, and Web Browsing

At my last job I used 32GB of ram almost entirely for Chrome lol
  4. skate323k137

Found: Japanese Dreamcast - Good Working Condition

Best of luck on your hunt. I personally did the one wire mod that lets you change the DCs region whenever you want. I'll leave it as JP for a year or 2 at a time and then change it back.
  5. skate323k137

Retro-computing Thread

It Looks pretty dope. Especially if other cores are completed.
  6. skate323k137

WTB - working x68000 in the US

SCSI2SD is a godsend. Good luck on your hunt. I've always been interested in one of these myself but not enough to pull the trigger.
  7. skate323k137

Neo Secret Santa 2021

I'm in! Edit: email sent
  8. skate323k137

Question for the audiophile types

Word. The CDJ came out in like 2006 at retail of $1300, whereas my receiver is 5ish years old on the other hand, but was not as pricy as the CDJ. I do have to wonder if the DAC in the CDJ-1000 MK3 is better than average or not, since a lot of that retail price goes into the other features on a...
  9. skate323k137

I don't think I've even heard a blu ray audio disc. My receiver supports up to at least 4k HDMI so I suppose it would work. Seems to be a dead format though :/
  10. skate323k137

Digital coax from the CDJ to the receiver sounds great! This got me thinking about my iMac itself... I usually bluetooth it to the receiver. If BT is lossy, I have an external USB sound blaster Xfi card with optical that I could use (my receiver has an open optical port as well).
  11. skate323k137

Word. I double checked, no USB. Optical, coax digital, rca, hdmi... no USB :/ All in all though it's a good receiver for what I paid for it. I'll give digital from the CDJ a shot. Thanks guys.
  12. skate323k137

Yeah, I haven't found many specifics on the DACs but both should be pretty good. Good to know about Bluetooth. It doesn't look like it.
  13. skate323k137

Hey guys, I'm not a huge audiophile, but I always do appreciate good sound. I'm normally a vinyl listener if I'm going to listen to a full album at home, or CD/apple music if I don't own it on vinyl. Recently record prices are so crazy that some of my old favorite albums that I don't own, I'm...
  14. skate323k137

HBD fami

Happy belated dude
  15. skate323k137

Another round of birthdays...

Happy Birthday fellas!