Recent content by smokehouse

1. smokehouse

How's the weather? 2023 Edition!

June was dry and hot, there was so little rain, they declared a drought…kept having that fine Canadian smoke, AQI was worst in the US for a few days. A few days it was so bad, it smelled like a house fire outside. July 1 hit and it was like a switch flipped, been raining almost every other day...
  2. smokehouse

Firearm enthusiast thread

I have a Henry in 44 mag…I wish I didn’t. I love the round, LOVE reloading it, and running it in my Super Redhawk is amazing. I thought that I would love a Henry in the same round, I was dead wrong. I hate the fucking thing, I don’t know what the deal is with it, but the damn thing can’t hit...
  3. smokehouse

What are you listening to at the moment?

EL-P’s Fantastic Damage has been on my list for about a month now…
  4. smokehouse

Official A/V Thread

Stepping over some of the shit on this-a-here sidewalk… It’s amazing what low $$ can now buy. It’s definitely not high end gear (or even med end gear), but my two latest purchases have been great…and cheap. I picked up a Klipsch 12” sub last year from Costco, $189 on sale. I’ve beat on that...
  5. smokehouse

What are you listening to at the moment?

New Queens of the Stone Age came out on Fri…reluctantly bought it, given how much I didn't like their last one. I was pleasantly surprised, so far it’s been extremely solid.
  6. smokehouse

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

3000 years of longing Finally got around to watching this movie, it didn’t disappoint. It’s no masterpiece, but it was definitely solid. As expected, the visuals were superb. Honestly, my only complaint was that it was slow in a few places. A Man Called Otto My wife wanted to watch this one...
  7. smokehouse

Iron Sheik Passes

Jesus man, don’t be a jabroni…
  8. smokehouse

Iron Sheik Passes

Shit. I loved his FB posts, fuck the old age forever. He made us all humble. Rest in peace, legend. We were all jabronis compared to you.
  9. smokehouse

It’s a shitty, condescending troll phrase, just like “assault weapon”, “blood on the streets”, “ghost gun”, or one of their new favorites, “weapons of war”. A fucking co-worker used “weapons of war” and it was all I could do to bite my tongue.
  10. smokehouse

I tend to agree. Regulation and “common sense” are subjective terms. Here’s a good example. Meth was (and is) a huge problem in Illinois. Years ago, Ill created a law limiting the amount of pseudoephedrine you could buy. You also have to scan your license each purchase, sign a consent form...
  11. smokehouse

I’m sure most aren’t willing to show their hands to the ATF…like, over 90% “most” I will say this, AR pistols, especially in 223, are pretty pointless. Now 300 Blk suppressed? 350 Legend in a short barrel? That’s money. I wish Illinois hadn't passed that goddamn ban-hammer, I would have...
  12. smokehouse

Well…here in Illinois, you can’t have a SBR, so it doesn’t matter what you do with it, it’s not legal at all. My guess, most people with the things will take them off. The ATF flip-flop-flip-flop shut is annoying.
  13. smokehouse

Holy shit…an entire barrel? Of straight Buffalo Trace? That’s amazing! If you want to, take some pics of the shoot…should be a good time.
  14. smokehouse

I totally respect the functionality of the things, to say they’re effective would be an understatement. Plenty of people met their end due to them, that’s for sure.
  15. smokehouse

ARs are honestly rather boring to shoot as well, truth be told. They’re super functional but all in all they’re not very fun either. Given the choice between the two, I just prefer AR’s to AK 47s. I do appreciate the rough brutality of an AK though, they’re not bad to shoot just not my cup of tea.