Recent content by SouthtownKid

1. SouthtownKid

Transformers One. Nah dude.

:rolleyes:
  2. SouthtownKid

Have You Ever Thought Of...

The only systems I have right now are a ps3 I haven't played in 6+ years and an iPhone. The kids have a switch I've never used. Oh wait, I also have a neo mini, which I haven't played since one week after I bought it, whenever that came out. I had a bunch of games on mame -- you know, if I...
  3. SouthtownKid

US Soldiers marry Iraqis against Orders, must wait 8 months

He's not your bro, pal.
  4. SouthtownKid

Plus even going back to Transformers series that adult fans hold up the highest, like Beast Wars or Animated, they have more than their fair share of cringy dialogue and eye-rolling attempts at humor if you take off the nostalgia glasses and look at them objectively.
  5. SouthtownKid

Yeah a large percentage of the people buying Transformers today are adults. Like so many other IPs in games, toys, comics, whatever, they've been co-opted by an adult audience that selfishly thinks the property they loved as kids is supposed to grow up with them and no longer be for kids today...
  6. SouthtownKid

Which moved the needle not at all. You understand that Takara and Hasbro are toy companies, right? Their purpose for creating media is to sell toys. Which War for Cybertron did not at all. Nor have any of the other recent Transformers cartoons. They court the adult collector audience to...
  7. SouthtownKid

If I had to guess, it's probably because girls from a pretty early age are already getting into the inane bullshit that adult females like.
  8. SouthtownKid

Nice for who? You? It doesn't help Hasbro any. They want to go after the demo that made them millions and Transformers a household name back in the 1980s. Sucks you're not in that demo anymore, but oh well.
  9. SouthtownKid

It's about on par with what I saw of the Cars movies or Ninjago or whatever with my nephew when he was 5. Not sure what you were hoping for. They're aiming for the demographic that's actually supposed to want to play with toys.
  10. SouthtownKid

It looks like they're going for a pseudo-Pixar look and approach? Seems logical if you're going after the 5-8 year old kid market with maybe some bleedover into the 8-12 year old range. If this doesn't look appealing to 30-40 year old toy collectors, that's probably a good sign for both the...
  11. SouthtownKid

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

I had no idea Sony was considered an indie studio.
  12. SouthtownKid

Compared to what?
  13. SouthtownKid

File this one under "Dafuq, Sega??": Comedy Central Golden Axe tv series officially happening

Might be 20 years for me this year. It was either 2003 or 2004 that I dumped cable.
  14. SouthtownKid

File this one under "Dafuq, Sega??": Comedy Central Golden Axe tv series officially happening

For a second, I got excited thinking it was Mike McMahon of 2000AD fame and we'd get a Golden Axe in the vein of his Slaine work. But it's the Lower Decks guy. Oh well.