Recent content by Tech&Music

1. T

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Picked up this generic arcade cabinet: For more info and pictures, you can go to my dedicated thread for it :)
  2. T

What cab is this?

Well, we picked it up yesterday. It was quite the ride, but we got it here in the end. I'm still none the wiser on what cab this is! It's supplied by M.H.P. Enterprises Ltd., an UK company that dissolved in November 1998, according to the Internet. There's no other branding on it. The MV-1FZ...
  3. T

No, but seriously, going around and deleting everything on a forum just because you're pissed at it, is the worst thing you can do. Everyone, including the people that do like you, think it's stupid as hell and selfish to do. Hope the mods can reverse this, or at least stop it from happening...
  4. T

Happy 25th Birthday, Sonic!!!

Ah, Chris Chan. Trust me, you'll have to look into that yourself, there's really not enough space on this forum to explain it :lolz: In short: Autistic dude obsessed with Sonic, Pokemon, and other games, who has his TRUE AND HONEST ORIGINAL CHARACTER Sonichu, which lives in a fictional world in...
  5. T

FBI Recommends No Criminal Charges Against Hillary Clinton

I'd be pissed if I were an American, both choices are terrible in the end. It's like either choosing hydrogen cyanide or carbon monoxide. America, pick your poison:
  6. T

Puzzle Bobble

I've talked a bit about Neo Geo to my family, and a really cool relative bought me a copy of Puzzle Bobble since they remembered I mentioned that game, since that was the game I remembered playing on an MVS in a small amusement park. He specifically looked for original cartridges, because yes I...
  7. T

What cab is this?

I have been given the opportunity to pick up an arcade cab for just €50. I still need to find someone who is willing to drive for me, but the seller's OK with keeping it reserved for me until I can pick it up. It has a Neo Geo MVS board in it now, but it doesn't appear to be an SNK cab. I've...
  8. T

Neo Noob signin' in

Hi everyone, you might've already seen me post a bit but I figured I should do a proper introduction. My name's Daniel, I'm 17 and I live in a small town in the North of the Netherlands. I've always have had an interest in electronics, computers and games, and have had a C64 since I was 8 after...
  9. T

Dreamcast VGA confusion

It won't work. I first looked at the specs where Sony called the DVI port "DVI-HDTV". That already raised my suspicions of it being a DVI-D port (DVI-D is digital only, DVI-I is digital and analog), and looking in the manual confirmed this. Specifically these two things: This DVI port lacks...
  10. T

Picked this up yesterday for the price of two crates of Dutch Hertog Jan beer, a Photoplay 2000 touchscreen arcade cabinet. Guy apparently sold it because it was his son's and he told him to get rid of it multiple times... Kinda felt shitty to take it, but after we drove an hour to that place...
  11. T

Overall computer issues...

Are you being serious? The error given is clearly a BIOS error, not a Windows error. Since when did we have to hit F keys to respond to an error message? I thought that was perfectly clear, but I guess not for you? Perhaps computers are simply not your strongest point? EDIT: Does this look like...
  12. T

It's here: The non-working MVS MV1FT board. According to the seller, it gives a Z80 error, and while he said he couldn't really see any corrosion, there is a bit, and it's probably what's causing it. Traces seem mostly OK except for one really green one. There's some crap on a few chips...
  13. T

HP CD Writer adaptor on Neo Geo CD Top Loader

Yesterday, I bought this: An old HP CD Writer. What has that got to do with Neo Geo? Well, I've ordered a broken Neo Geo CD top loader a week or 2 back. While it will take a while to get here (took the cheapest shipping option which can take months, not in a hurry and it saved quite a few...