Recent content by Tengugurl

1. Tengugurl

Atomiswave quad TVS diodes blew! Options?

Hi all! My Atomiswave was working fine until it just stopped. Had a look on the board and noticed the diodes ZD7 in particular smoked. I know these are for ESD protection and I have seen a few forums say "just remove it, it will work still" well, I must be very unlucky or something as I...
  2. Tengugurl

PC Engine Green/White/Grey/Blue Screen not Booting with awful smell

Hi! I bought a White (original) PC Engine off ebay and was sad to see it was faulty. Overview: I am greeted with different color screens each time I power the console on and off with a game inside. Also, it smells like burnt electronics every time the console is turned on. (Especially near...
  3. Tengugurl

BIOS Address (A13-A15)

Check this out guys! It's working now! Omg I can't thank you all enough for your help!!! It was pin 35 lol (questioning my own work now) May or may not be showing off my consolized systems in the pic. (Neo geo shrine) Lesson learned, if you make a jumper wire, don't assume you fixed...
  4. Tengugurl

BIOS Address (A13-A15)

Hey there! I have a faulty AES that is giving the following error: BIOS ADDRESS (A13-A15) Actual: 00 Expected: 01 I had a look at the BIOS socket between pins 13 and 15 and all looks fine? Also, the A,B,C,D buttons allow me to go to other tests, rather, it is sending me to an endless...
  5. Tengugurl

Neo Geo Darwin Award runner up: Unibios fail and hopeful restore...

Got the diagnostic BIOS screen to show now. Learned how to convert the read/write diagnostic code from hexidecimal to binary to find if the WRAM issue is on an upper or lower RAM WRAM issue: (Persistent) This seems to be a 4th data line on the the lower RAM. Now I need to find a schematic...
  6. Tengugurl

Neo Geo Darwin Award runner up: Unibios fail and hopeful restore...

Hey there Neo Geo gurus! I've got an AES that had a failed unibios install. As Gadgetuk would say, this poor board got attacked lol ps love your vids! Here is my worklog, let me know what you think could be the problem as I am unsure where to go next. Background: AES rev 3-6 JP - uses- POW...
  7. Tengugurl

Looking to buy 2 different 27c1024s that contain (JP) AES stock BIOS and Diagnostic BIOS

Hi there! Looking for someone who knows how to burn 27c1024s as I am in need of two different BIOS 1) (JP) Stock AES BIOS 2) Diagnostic BIOS (For use with MVS and AES if possible) Let me know if you are interested! I'll pay shipping, materials etc... Make it worth your time. PM me if you are...
  8. Tengugurl

My MV-4F became a 5v+ power hungry MONSTER!!! Help!!

Hi there! I have a Unibios 4 slot MVS (MV-4F) that is playable via my Supergun powered by my fairly new SuzoHapp 150W PSU (+5V 15A, +12V 5.5A, -5V 1A) It has worked great for the past 2 years or so but all the sudden, I have had to dial up the PSU (Little nob on the PSU to max settings) to...
  9. Tengugurl

Neo Geo PSX Adapter (DIY) for use with Neo Geo CD Pads? Quick question on 5V+ Pin 8

Hello, I made an adapter for use on a PS2 and it works great but it only works on my old style AES controller and bean controller. I am aware that the Neo Geo CD Pads require 5v+ I was curious if I can make an external gender changer adapter that has 5v+ on the pin 8 and place it in between...
  10. Tengugurl

MVH (4 slot) CMVS how to do the 5v+ mod and Stereo mod? Audio signal is super low

Hi again, On my board is says MVH - 4 slot. My bottom board has a 7805 (I am assuming but would you be able to confirm if this image is the 7805) I will most definitely be purchasing some Deox fader lube from Amazon and clean the board up. So if that image is correct, I guess I have a 7805...
  11. Tengugurl

MVH (4 slot) CMVS how to do the 5v+ mod and Stereo mod? Audio signal is super low

Hi everyone, I am making a CMVS 4 slot (US model) and I got the board powered off of 5v+ 6AMP 30W working well enough minus Audio. The video signals are decent (Via the Jamma edge) - Well near the Jamma Edge (There must be a better location, please let me know if such a place exists) Now I am...
  12. Tengugurl

Silly question.. What are thoseeeeee???? jk What is this red thing between my PCB?

Hi there, So I am working on a CMVS 4 slot right now and I am trying to sandwich something between the heat shield and the top cart PCB that is non conductive similar to the image below: For the life of me, I am not sure what material this stuff is in the image below. I want to use the same...
  13. Tengugurl

Sega Saturn and SNES controllers on a Neo Geo? How and shut up and take my money!

Before all the Fanboys and girls kill me... Yes! I love the Neo Geo CD controller, Stock stick and all stock Neo Geo controllers but, I have been seeing a lot of old posts on other sites where people convert an old SNES controller or Sega Saturn controller to work on a DB15 Neo Geo MVS/CD/AES...
  14. Tengugurl

MVS 4 slot in Watchdog mode... works fine if I use the original arcade JAMMA Harness

Hi there! Gosh, loving it here :) everyone is super helpful with my SuperGun Pet project, thanks in advance as I am just a gal with the internet at my disposal and some basic soldering skills. Quick Background: I am making a SuperGun to power my MVS (With the MVS pinout on the JAMMA harness...
  15. Tengugurl

Stock Neo geo Power supply question? How to tell what wire is 12v or 5v etc..

Hi there, I am working on my Neo Geo MVS and I wanted to know which cable does what on my PSU. (Like which cable is 12v, 5v etc...) This is the PSU I have: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=152 How do I tell which cable is feeding which voltage etc..? Do you know which meter...