Recent content by terry.330

1. terry.330

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Dog Soldiers- I probably watch this a couple times a year. It's not perfect but it's one of the rare action-horror movies, a surprisingly untapped genre. This has way more in common with Predator than say American Werewolf in London. I also like the semi grindhouse style, it's not overdone like...
  2. terry.330

If no food was unhealthy

Chicken fried steak Biscuits and gravy Stromboli/calzone/pizza Garlic bread Strawberry milkshakes
  3. terry.330

Post Your Recent Purchases!

SOS is a great concept but it's terribly unfun to play.
  4. terry.330

Superstition- A somewhat obscure supernatural slasher from 1982. A priest investigates an old house owned by the church that has been the sight of a bunch of unexplained deaths and discovers that it was cursed by a witch who was drowned there back in the 1600's. Now some stupid family has moved...
  5. terry.330

Have You Ever Thought Of...

This. The only games I own are for the PS4 and I only buy games I know I'm going to actually play. Long gone are the days of randomly buying things because I "need" it for my collection, it looks cool, is cheap or whatever other reason people usually come up with to justify collecting shit they...
  6. terry.330

Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Ginga Force- Not digging this at all. I could get over the game looking as dull as it does if anything actually felt good but it doesn't. Nothing has any impact, the verizontal nature doesn't make good use of the screen space and the store/upgrade system sucks since all the upgrades are crappy.
  7. terry.330

Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

Coin mechs? Who the hell is going to put these things on location lol?
  8. terry.330

Restated my AES Collection

These guys don't have a personality beyond "Look at all my shit!" and "I love retro gaming!".
  9. terry.330

Restated my AES Collection

Saw an announcement on FB that this guy is going to be a special guest at a local retro gaming convention. I think last year they had John Hancock so yeah... pretty sure they'll take just about anybody. I can't imagine going to meet any of these dinguses in person and anyone who does definitely...
  10. terry.330

What anime are you watching?

Watched a couple of City Hunter OVAs Bay City Wars Million Dollar Conspiracy Both were pretty enjoyable and like most things CH have a nice balance of comedy and action. My only gripe is that neither had an intro, just a title screen and then the credits rolled on top of the first couple...
  11. terry.330

Weekly Roundup

Accidentally beat Tunic, apparently you can fight the last boss early. I accidentally teleported to the wrong area and was locked into a fight and when it was over the credits started to roll. Fortunately the game gives you the option to go back and get the real ending instead of just sending...
  12. terry.330

Tourist Trap- This is worth watching for Tanya Roberts in that blue tube top and daisy dukes alone. Aside from that it is definitely a bit of a hidden gem as mentioned a page or two back. The mannequins are legitimately creepy at times, making their jaws move so they can scream is really...
  13. terry.330

Hundreds Of Beavers- As mentioned earlier this is by the guy behind Lake Michigan Monster and as a fan of that I was really looking forward to this. It did not disappoint. It's a step up from that in many ways, honestly it's a lot to take in and I'm still processing it. It's almost too dense...
  14. terry.330

File this one under "Dafuq, Sega??": Comedy Central Golden Axe tv series officially happening

I'd say the last days of event cable would have been around The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, GOT era. One of the things that kind of ruined the event model of old was that the shows just go on for too long, get crappy spinoffs no one asked for and most importantly they tend to nosedive in...
  15. terry.330

Transformers One. Nah dude.

Maybe but it's awfully drab looking for that age group (it has the color palette of a PS3/360 era action game) and they're using the old school character designs which kids aren't familiar with. I think it's as much targeted at the man children. I dunno, at least it's not another Bayverse movie...