Recent content by Warpedflash

1. W

2 Slot not displaying character sprites

My consolized 2 slot no longer displays all sprites on screen. The Neo geo logo does not appear on boot up (the text under it does however) If I attempt to start up any games there are big chunks of the game missing and having no characters displayed in a fighting game cranks up the difficulty...
  2. W

Bad PGM corrosion. Best way to deal with it?

I recent bought a spare or repairs PGM mobo with sound issues the seller was not experienced enough to fix. I figured it may be a couple of gouged traces or something similar but it looks like the battery that used to be there leaked rather a lot... A few pics of the board are here. Top Side...
  3. W

15 Shockboxes for sale (UK)

!!!SOLD!!! I am selling off my shockboxes after re-housing my collection (I meant to do this months ago but never got round to it). There are 11 in good condition and 4 with damage (spine tares). All have inserts. 4 from Southtown: Metal Slug 2, Aero Fighters, Super Strikers 2, Puzzle Bubble...
  4. W

Not seem a boot like this before

Might just be that I old get old ones but I have not seem a boot like this one before. The game is "Garou. Mark of Wolves" and is in a lovely cheapy plastic case. Sorry for the crappy pic quality I need a good camera bad... What is the Cable for? I assume writing the ROM but why would it be...
  5. W

Sepergun HDMI output?

I am buiding my second supergun. My first just had a plain scart output and I will be doing the same with this one but I want to add another output type for when I go to uni as the TV I will be taking with me does not have an rgb scart socket. Would incorporating something like This work well...
  6. W

Hyper Neo Geo 64, Identifying board type.

I recently grabbed a hyper neo 64 board with 3 games off ebay for £23 (found here) which I though was rather a steal. So after a few days waiting the bits arrived and all was good. Mobo sealed in a box but some bits of plastic around connectors broken (new old stock my ass unless these arrived...
  7. W

What did I buy?

I recently bought an arcade board for cheap because the seller claimed he didn't know what it was. I figured for £10 I wouldn't go too wrong really. Now the board arrived today and I was planning to just plug it into my supergun to see what it was but this thing does not appear to be jamma so...
  8. W

Very low sound on cmvs

I have got a consolized mv1f that has the audio pulled from from the underside of the headphone connector (See pics crappy quality phone :S). I have both the headphone slider and speaker sliders all the way up and still get very low sound from the board. Is there somewhere else I can tap into...
  9. W

The decline in Neo Geo auctions

I cant speak for everyones experiances but I hardly ever find neo stuff up for actual auction anymore most places I used to frequent for retro (now neo) are now full of "Buy it now" or equivilant set prices. With consoles like the NES this is less of an occurance but for the neo its gotten...
  10. W

MVS bad cart connection

I have an MVS board that's causing me a couple of problems. If inset a cart fully onto the connector it will not load, I just get to the BIOS screen (very occasionally it will loads with horribly scrambled graphics). However if I pull the cart out of the slot by about 1/4 cm the game will work...
  11. W

Black and white CMVS

I am making my first cmvs out of a mv1f. I have been following the guide on here http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/cmvs1fs.html The only difference being I am in the UK and want it wired rgb > scart. I thought I had it wired up correctly using...
  12. W

Hantarex dim monitor issue

To start with I'm not great with techinal stuff really.. yet I hope to improve :D I have a generic wooden arcade machine with a 21" (or around that I only measured against the glass) Hantarex monitor in it. I turn it on today to be met with a very dark screen, like so dark the grass on Neo Turn...
  13. W

MV1FZS with z80 error?

I got a few random bits of computer stuff in an auction near me and found a MVS in the box! Along with a Hou Yeu supergun board! Now the bad part... both look like they have been submerged in a swamp -.- I have spent the last hour or two attempting to clean both up with a toothbrush and some...