Recent content by Xian Xi

1. Xian Xi

Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Don't forget that Knight's Chance has voice acting by one of Neo-geo.com's fallen members, Brian Castleberry. RIP
  2. Xian Xi

Vote on the worst football game for Neo Geo

Football Frenzy isn't actually that bad of a game if the characters moved maybe at 2.5x speed.
  3. Xian Xi

MV1A watchdog repair

Trace D4.
  4. Xian Xi

Looking for a working Super Famicom motherboard

How much for just the mobo?
  5. Xian Xi

Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

What am I missing here...
  6. Xian Xi

MV1C missing capacitor

Those are just bypass caps 0.1uf.
  7. Xian Xi

Buriki One FAQ

I can't find my final version which also had Silber's moveset. Hopefully an admin can dig up the final version from the wiki database.
  8. Xian Xi

Looking for a working Super Famicom motherboard

Let me know if you got one for sale. Thanks
  9. Xian Xi

An AES game that comes with a mini marquee? WTF? I'm going to assume it's a backwards conversion, meaning he used whatever AES roms to make an MVS cart or made from leftover parts but either way, there's way more profitable titles to make conversions of.
  10. Xian Xi

Crazy that I started this thread 6 months before my first child was born, she turns 13 in ~3 months.
  11. Xian Xi

New AES/MVS game : Opération Killmeister

It has potential but the character graphics need an overhaul. Too bulky (Blue suit), extremely distracting, gameplay is very vanilla and extremely repetitive. Like mentioned, no threats, just punching bags. The fighting system is like a combo of Sengoku 3+Rage of the Dragons. I'm not sure if...
  12. Xian Xi

AES board with Faulty Video/Audio

There's nothing wrong with the S-rom, fix layer is working fine. It's the C-rom data that's the issue for the graphics, if the sound is also messed up then it's a connection issue. Instead of a credit card, just apply contact cleaner to the game cartridge itself and insert/remove a few times...
  13. Xian Xi

AES needs to warm-up for NeoSD pro to work?

This. When I played around with a NeoSD, the voltage had to be pretty close to 5.00v for no issues to be occurring especially graphical and flashing especially. If that's without a cart then you might need a better power supply with more of buffer like maybe 5A even though you only need ~2A or...
  14. Xian Xi

AES needs to warm-up for NeoSD pro to work?

When you have the NeoSD inserted, check your 5v level.
  15. Xian Xi

Very bad off MV1A save or ???

When consolizing, always start with a fully working board. You can either save it for parts or send it to someone to repair but with the cost of repair, you're better off buying one that is a known working board.