Recent content by yoshi41

1. yoshi41

Why Do I Suck So Bad at Super Turbo?

I play it regularly on Saturn and 3DO. Much easier than the original. On Saturn, I'm able to beat Akuma on highest difficulty with my very moderate skills.
  2. yoshi41

NEOGEOKULT.COM

You can still access it on WayBackMachine... https://web.archive.org/web/20231202021310/http://www.neogeokult.com/aes-price-guide/
  3. yoshi41

Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

GPD WIN Mini (WIN 2 successor) campaign preview link... https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/13dfb636#/
  4. yoshi41

Weekly Roundup

For the harder battles, all characters should have full CP and burst gauge should be full as well. Attack to activate burst, then spam arts/(s-)crafts and use Tio's s-craft "Zero Field" early. Speed up support crafts might help too. That should work, if characters are sufficiently leveled up...
  5. yoshi41

Analogue Duo: FPGA Turbo Duo

I use flashcarts on SNT, MSG and Pocket. Just to have my saves at one place. For the Duo, it looks like the card slot is too small for flashcarts.
  6. yoshi41

Terraonion support down, Mode ssd issue

Best is probably to get support from discord. Annoying, but that's their "support forum". At least check whether the filesystem it's FAT32 or exFAT. I use exFAT. And run a drive check on the PC. Maybe your SSD draws to much power and/or the PSU hasn't aged well. Also try to remove the SD card...
  7. yoshi41

Did the SSD work and it stopped working or did it never work?
  8. yoshi41

I had the same trouble some time ago. You need to login to the shop, then goto "Registered products" (cogwheel top right). There you're able to download the firmware. PS: I'm just wondering how to download the cover art dbs, since the link in their wiki does not work as well.
  9. yoshi41

Weekly Roundup

Mainly playing Advance Wars Reboot... Don't know how many times I played those games on GBA, Revo K101, GBA Consolizer, MiSTer and various emu handhelds. Best TBS series imo.
  10. yoshi41

OK OK OK, can someone set something straight here...NeoCD and load times question...

Here's a list of loading times for some games... Neo Geo CD World NeoSD Pro has best CD loading time. But unfortunately, implementation is kind of unfinished.
  11. yoshi41

Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

I know that feeling. But this time I could resist, since it's basically a RP3+. After 3 decades, I would be able to open a handheld musem. 😁
  12. yoshi41

RGB Blaster

RGB Blaster works very well with my AV Famicom. Crystal clear image w/o hw modding. Time for some NES gaming. 😋
  13. yoshi41

Weekly Roundup

Finished Trails to Azure. Trails to Zero was already great, but this is just epic! 🤩
  14. yoshi41

Does R-Type Leo's shot change based on button hold duration?

Yep, charging just fires the pod. No charged shot. It feels a bit more like R-Type I + II. While I really like Leo for it's polished graphics, Last Resort is still my favorite "R-Type". Interesting article about one of the designers...
  15. yoshi41

Does R-Type Leo's shot change based on button hold duration?

There are some differences between the world and japanese (alternatives folder) version of the game. World : 2 buttons, continues immediately (when killed) Japan : 1 button, continues at certain points So, charging refers to the japanese version and is not ideal for autofire. 🕹️