Concerts you are going to/ been to.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Pet Shop Boys are still around???

Anyway, Appetite For Destruction was the first CD i ever bought back in 1990. I became a big fan of GNR all the way through the Spaghetti Incident. I realize that now 25 years later, they are a nostalgia act and arent what they were, but i always wanted to see them live, and at this point i'll even take a downgraded version of them. Im not young anymore and the only music that typically appeals to me is 70's, 80's and early 90's music.....most of which is in the Hard Rock/ Heavy Metal genre. But yeah, im not expecting GNR to sound like they did in 1987.

We already know that. GNR concerts are for people who don’t actually buy music or know what’s coming out anymore at all. I’d assume Loose Your Illusion II was probably the last CD you bought. That’s fine, but GNR...well, be prepared for a band that doesn’t even resemble the one you knew in any way. New Order for sure isn’t cool or cutting edge anymore but the upside of that is that they kicked drugs so they can actually play now. :) I don’t think there is any upside to GNR in the 21st century other than massively expansive stage productions and in that area I highly recommend other real bands that are just as big, or bigger, like Iron Maiden. Nobody is bigger than Maiden and they don’t suck even a little.

Pet Shop Boys are honestly about as big as a two man outfit can possibly get, more sales than any UK duo ever. They have 42 top 30 singles, according to the Wiki, which takes a very long time to do. More importantly, they don’t have to apologize for their back catalog. They are very popular in general, as people, which will make even bad music sell. They are playing Madison Square Garden...they’re clearly able to sell something.

The opening act is Paul Okenfold...trying to figure out some way to miss it...hard to do in big venues...

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
We already know that. GNR concerts are for people who don’t actually buy music or know what’s coming out anymore at all. I’d assume Loose Your Illusion II was probably the last CD you bought. That’s fine, but GNR...well, be prepared for a band that doesn’t even resemble the one you knew in any way. New Order for sure isn’t cool or cutting edge anymore but the upside of that is that they kicked drugs so they can actually play now. :) I don’t think there is any upside to GNR in the 21st century other than massively expansive stage productions and in that area I highly recommend other real bands that are just as big, or bigger, like Iron Maiden. Nobody is bigger than Maiden and they don’t suck even a little.

Pet Shop Boys are honestly about as big as a two man outfit can possibly get, more sales than any UK duo ever. They have 42 top 30 singles, according to the Wiki, which takes a very long time to do. More importantly, they don’t have to apologize for their back catalog. They are very popular in general, as people, which will make even bad music sell. They are playing Madison Square Garden...they’re clearly able to sell something.

The opening act is Paul Okenfold...trying to figure out some way to miss it...hard to do in big venues...
I'm a huge Maiden fan, and i agree they havent lost a step. The thing with GNR is i just want to check them off my bucket list, diminished or not. Plus i still think Slash and Duff are great guitarists/bassists. I figure if i can get through a KISS concert with Paul Stanleys damaged vocal chords slaughtering each song, i can make it through GNR.

Also, its not that i dont like new music, its just that i find very little that i do like. I think the newest band i sorta enjoyed was Paramore.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Are you really that much of a sack of shit? How fucked up are you that you think that's even funny man?

You're the one who posted a fucking picture of him in the war room, you sack of shit. Your dying father is now as fair game as your ass around here.

And you're waiting to take all of $300 of his inheretence and blow it on either a male hooker (thats like 2 hours of head) or a single payment to the IRS

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Bojangles "Piggy" quotes:

You want me to leave this board, fine. I dont want to be around you miserable assholes anyway.

Get bent. You guys already made it 100% fucking crystal clear you dont want to hear it. Im as tired of your shit as you are mine.

Alright, i get it. I fucked up. An internet forum, specifically this one is no place to try and get a therapy session and any sympathy. I wont make that mistake again, cause i understand that none of you want to hear even a bit of my issues.

Look, if you guys really hate me and want me gone that bad, fine. I'll save you the trouble and leave. I dont understand what i did wrong. People gave me a hard time and all i did was reply in a non violent or harrasing way. However majority rules, and most of you seem to have the same mindset, so i'll be on my way and get out of your clique.

1622907891017.png

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I'm a huge Maiden fan, and i agree they havent lost a step. The thing with GNR is i just want to check them off my bucket list, diminished or not. Plus i still think Slash and Duff are great guitarists/bassists. I figure if i can get through a KISS concert with Paul Stanleys damaged vocal chords slaughtering each song, i can make it through GNR.

Also, its not that i dont like new music, its just that i find very little that i do like. I think the newest band i sorta enjoyed was Paramore.
Well gee willikers Piggy, maybe if you didnt expect the local radio station to spoon feed you new music, and you got off your ass and actually developed musical taste, you'd find some new bands to listen to! Maybe some that aren't backed by giant production companies like a fucking household product for fat little piggies to gobble up and feel good about!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I just caught that part about liking Paramore. I bet this fucking dude has never listened to a real thrash album IN HIS LIFE

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
WUT?!?!? there are people who consider Paramore "music"? let alone, thrash? WTF?!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yeah, Mr. Bojangles likes Paramore, aside from GNR

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Got to go to Phil Collins' last show on his tour right before COVID hit the fan. Probably his last concert ever as a solo artist.

Trying my best to get tickets to see Genesis later this year, but they're all on the east coast and getting swiped up before I get a chance.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Its because their tiny brain can't separate their desire to fuck jailbait ass from deriving pleasure from the band that the jailbait ass is a part of

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
paramore was basic and forgettable, but the singer was kind of attractive I guess?? the music was boring.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Really good LoneSage posts in this thread. The squirrel stew one especially. Lot of anger here.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Got to go to Phil Collins' last show on his tour right before COVID hit the fan. Probably his last concert ever as a solo artist.

Trying my best to get tickets to see Genesis later this year, but they're all on the east coast and getting swiped up before I get a chance.

I nearly went to go see the last Phil Collins tour but the tickets were insane. Hundreds of dollars for any seat. Fuck that. I can see Yes for $55 and they are still good...not 1970s good but better than Phil/Genesis has been since Carter was president.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Show up bitch, and i'll show you how we handle shit in South Florida, got it?
Wait just a fucking second. YOU threatened me. Who do you think you are? You follow me around like some psycho, and expect me to put up with your crap. You are no longer hazing, but harrasing. Now you guys wanna kick my ass for creating a thread about concerts......as if some of you dont post your own moronic posts. I didnt come here to be confrontational, but you have some kind of crazy fixation on me when A. I dont know who you are. B. I dont care. and C. I dont want to even deal with you because you are clearly unstable. Maybe youve taken cock so far up your head youve gotten brain damage.
Shots fired! *ducks*

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have tons of screenshots that say otherwise.
Just a reminder that this single post, the one where you insinuate you will cry to the police because we hurt your fee-fees, is why I will never stop reminding you that you are a waste of life and that the world would be better without you.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wait just a fucking second. YOU threatened me. Who do you think you are? You follow me around like some psycho, and expect me to put up with your crap. You are no longer hazing, but harrasing. Now you guys wanna kick my ass for creating a thread about concerts......as if some of you dont post your own moronic posts. I didnt come here to be confrontational, but you have some kind of crazy fixation on me when A. I dont know who you are. B. I dont care. and C. I dont want to even deal with you because you are clearly unstable. Maybe youve taken cock so far up your head youve gotten brain damage.
No one likes you here, you're of terrible character and lack any ability to reflect on your own behavior and why that results in our behavior towards your every move. Go away.