Ever wanted to play 4-player Kizuna?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Here's your chance:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The neostore has one listed for $15,000. There were repro 4-player boards available that work with the Unibios at one point.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
The creator of Neotris said he's working on a 4-player adapter. That could be cross-compatible if it works the same way.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Very cool SNK oddity that hopefully goes to a good home and gets some use.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
It isn't. Here's how it works:
Interesting that these have pads to add DB15 connectors but were never used. Operators could have had home pads coming out of the coin door to squeeze four people onto a single cabinet instead of needing two.

Is Kizuna the first four-player tag fighter then? It predates VF3TB by a year.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't think arcade operators were ever meant to have controllers dangling out from the machine. I think controller ports were included on MVS boards for testing.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Here's your chance:

No.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't think arcade operators were ever meant to have controllers dangling out from the machine. I think controller ports were included on MVS boards for testing.
That and the Mahjong control panels I believe.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Now that I think about it, I know there is a pic of the title screen from 4P Kizuna but is there any gameplay video of this particular version out there? Just curious...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Now that I think about it, I know there is a pic of the title screen from 4P Kizuna but is there any gameplay video of this particular version out there? Just curious...
One of the NGFL guys bought one of these a while back and made a vid I think. Last couple of sales of these I've seen were just over $1k, so close to $3k is pushing it, and the Neostore is having a laugh as usual. No bids so far so we'll see...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Is the 4 player version available in mame or something? Because if it is I dunno why anyone would pay 3k for that kit. Madness.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Huh - heard about this in the past but haven't actually seen a board. Neat rarity, but I've never once thought to myself, "gee, I'd love to play 4-player Kizuna." 🤷‍♂️