The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
My condolences, sorry to hear that guys.

I have to say, I didnt really have any reaction after my first 2 Pfizer shots...but I didn't feel so great after my booster. Nothing too bad, low grade fever...but my arm was killing me. I could barely shower/get dressed the next morning...wife had to help me. Still pretty sore TBH.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
My Pfizer booster was worse than either of the first two shots. Arm is still sore three days later, sore throat, body aches like the flu.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My condolences, sorry to hear that guys.

I have to say, I didnt really have any reaction after my first 2 Pfizer shots...but I didn't feel so great after my booster. Nothing too bad, low grade fever...but my arm was killing me. I could barely shower/get dressed the next morning...wife had to help me. Still pretty sore TBH.
Same arm each time?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I thought I had mentioned this, but I don't think I did - my grandfather passed away after having covid in August. He was vaccinated, but still managed to get it. He was weakened to the point that he just couldn't come back from it. He was old and had a full life, but it's still a bummer. My parents both got it, as well as a developer on my team, all vaccinated. I feel a lot less protected than I did before August.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
eBay notified me that the USPS isn't shipping to Australia due to covid.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
RE: Vaccine Concerns - I thought of the vaccines available in America that only Johnson and Johnson had the potential blood clot issue?

Does anyone know if other vaccines we receive (usually in childhood) have a similar side effect rate?

Or rather: are the current crop of American Covid vaccines on par safety-wise with other long established vaccines?

My guess is yes, but I’d be interested to see the numbers.

Remember that as a species we’re not very good at assessing risk.

I’d take a look at the risk of catching Covid vs the risk of dying from the vaccine. Nothing will have zero risk.

All told You’re still probably more likely to die on your morning or afternoon commute.

EDIT: Bust most importantly just go talk to your damn doctor.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The clots were like one in a million with J&J. The issue with one (or both?) of the others is myocarditis.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The clots were like one in a million with J&J. The issue with one (or both?) of the others is myocarditis.

I hadn’t heard that, I’ll have to look up what that is. Was the occurrence similarly low (one in a million?)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I will when I get to my computer. But I think most people in this thread are rational. I’m also lazy.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I needed Physical Therapy to regain use of my shoulder after the shots. Dunno what happened, but the pain from the first shot never went away. It might have inflamed the area and annoyed some scar tissue. Not sure. All good now tho.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I needed Physical Therapy to regain use of my shoulder after the shots. Dunno what happened, but the pain from the first shot never went away. It might have inflamed the area and annoyed some scar tissue. Not sure. All good now tho.

i have a friend who won’t get the vaccine, and somehow got an infection in his shoulder that needed to be surgically cleaned and repaired. We think it’s from him trying to drag his kids on a sled last winter, and he pulled it to the post it got infected. But I’m no doctor.

I do know that if a doctor is administering a shot of corticosteroid and hits the bone by mistake, it could lead to osteonecrosis. Not sure if the goes for the vaccine, but a doctor can tell if you should get an X-ray.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Holy moely

Still feel sore today but definitely getting better.

Still glad I got the booster tho...

Next week will start going in the office 3 days a week...

Reactions: NGT

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
No one wanted to Google the facts here? Just taking each other’s words for it?

View attachment 52233

I lulled.

Most of the problems people are having with ivermectin could be avoided if they took the medication on a full stomach of hay.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Can we actually talk about potential ivermectin efficacy or is it only ok to dunk on retards that say the word?

I don't believe this is the retracted study that was pulled pre-publication.

I do find it interesting that hydrochloroquine was also an antimalarial. I don't understand anything about repurposing drugs, maybe someone can comment.

I will say it is definitely dumb that some people want to eschew one 'experimental' preventative for an 'experimental' therapy. Just get the stupid shot.

But, I'm not willing to be completely dismissive of it before any trials are done.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Can we actually talk about potential ivermectin efficacy or is it only ok to dunk on retards that say the word?

I don't believe this is the retracted study that was pulled pre-publication.

I do find it interesting that hydrochloroquine was also an antimalarial. I don't understand anything about repurposing drugs, maybe someone can comment.

I will say it is definitely dumb that some people want to eschew one 'experimental' preventative for an 'experimental' therapy. Just get the stupid shot.

But, I'm not willing to be completely dismissive of it before any trials are done.
It’s an anti parasite medicine.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
RE: Vaccine Concerns - I thought of the vaccines available in America that only Johnson and Johnson had the potential blood clot issue?

Does anyone know if other vaccines we receive (usually in childhood) have a similar side effect rate?

Or rather: are the current crop of American Covid vaccines on par safety-wise with other long established vaccines?
The clotting issue from Covid infection was found to be caused, in some part, by the Spike Protein of the virus. While the toxicity of the spike protein has been observed (meaning it has an effect by itself on blood vessels with no immune response in vitro) it has not been made clear (from what I've been able to find) whether the clotting in vivo is due to the spike protein by itself, or due to the antibody response. The Pfizer and Moderna, as well as Astrazeneca and J&J operate in the same way via different methods, to have your body make the spike protein. It has been observed that the spike protein from the virus and the vaccine behave the same way. This was the reason that doctor in Canada went on TV and said the vaccines were a mistake.

As to if it is safe or not compared to others, we won't know until more time passes.

As far as the "or rather" you may find the story of the H1N1 vaccine being cancelled just to be sure it wasn't causing adverse reactions after just a handful of people reported them to be interesting.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
How could they possibly be? Project: Hyperspeed, motherfucker! or whatever the fuck Trump named it. Warp Speed?