The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
How could they possibly be? Project: Hyperspeed, motherfucker! or whatever the fuck Trump named it. Warp Speed?

Perhaps scientists know what they’re doing? Did project Dong Speed even contribute to the development of the vaccines in a meaningful way?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Can we actually talk about potential ivermectin efficacy or is it only ok to dunk on retards that say the word?

I don't believe this is the retracted study that was pulled pre-publication.

I do find it interesting that hydrochloroquine was also an antimalarial. I don't understand anything about repurposing drugs, maybe someone can comment.

I will say it is definitely dumb that some people want to eschew one 'experimental' preventative for an 'experimental' therapy. Just get the stupid shot.

But, I'm not willing to be completely dismissive of it before any trials are done.

You can do both: dunk on retards and keep an open mind.

Just make sure you dunk so hard you shatter the backboard.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm not against the idea of treating covid with Human-Grade doses of the dewormer.

But it has to be run through the proper channels to make sure that it is safe (for covid), effective and properly dosed. If you bypass the testing, it will be harder know for sure if it is safe, effective and at what dosage.

What few studies have done show it to be possibly effective, but don't show it to be a game changer.

And the people that are self-dosing horse dewormer while saying that they won't get the Covid vaccine because it is "experimental" should be laughed at.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm not against the idea of treating covid with Human-Grade doses of the dewormer.

But it has to be run through the proper channels to make sure that it is safe (for covid), effective and properly dosed. If you bypass the testing, it will be harder know for sure if it is safe, effective and at what dosage.

What few studies have done show it to be possibly effective, but don't show it to be a game changer.

And the people that are self-dosing horse dewormer while saying that they won't get the Covid vaccine because it is "experimental" should be laughed at.

I'm in agreement with you.

It's just that there are people pushing things like this for entirely disingenuous reasons. These people are hucksters, charlatans, and absolute degenerates - even if Ivermectin were to work. The prospect of a treatment in lieu of a vaccine is merely a means to promote their own influence and power. The worst of these people don't even have an agenda other than enriching themselves.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Perhaps scientists know what they’re doing? Did project Dong Speed even contribute to the development of the vaccines in a meaningful way?
We got the vaccines well ahead of when we would have had they gone through the normal complete testing cycle. Also, do not conflate scientists with pharmaceutical companies. Sure, they work together but their motivations are diametrically opposed. Scientists knowing what they're doing doesn't negate big pharma rushing something to market for a significant payday.

I mean, I got vaccinated on literally the first day I was able to, once my age group was cleared to get it and I could get an appointment. But understand it's not just the scientists we are putting our trust in here.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The study conducted by researchers in Nigeria screened 385 patients with river blindness to investigate the effects of Ivermectin on sperm function.

The researchers found that 85 percent of all male patients treated in a particular center with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunction.

The problem seems to be taking care of itself.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
At work we’re at either proving vaccination or weekly testing beginning on Oct 1.

I’ll be interested to see who quits, as right now you’ll need to get tested outside of work.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think we should ban the phrase “fake news” or any other political sloganeering phrases.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Man, that was a rough 72 hrs. Back at it tho, was able to get a run in this am, and ‘flu-ish’ symptoms are gone.

tl;dr-3rd shot booster preferable to covid.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My mother passed away 2 weeks ago, she ended up having a blood clot and cause her to have a massive heart attack. We have no history in our family having a heart attack. She went over to my home for my birthday and was a bit weak that day and then couple days later it happened. im a bit worried for my dad as he had the same vaccine as my mom. Im not sure if the covid vaccine is related to this is just that no history of heart disease. This was so unexpected.

Now the boosters are coming out, pretty soon 12 and under vaccine. Yet the pharma will be fully protected.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Thank you all, its been difficult as i was extremely close to my mom. There were also quite a bit of protocol due to Covid, despite her not having Covid, we were not all able to see her in the hospital to say our goodbyes. Only one person was allowed but they made an exception an allowed my dad, brother, and myself. I haven't ever seen my dad ever breakdown and cry. He is a huge mess right now, i mean he has been married with my mom over 50years. So right now we are alternating taking dad in our home.

My mom was a wonderful giving person. She did live a full life. Love you mom, you will be missed! i think ill make a funeral thread as its pretty crazy on how much it cost. Was not really prepared for it.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
5o years. Fuckin' A.

RIP. Hope you and your dad and bro can lean on each other.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thank you all, its been difficult as i was extremely close to my mom. There were also quite a bit of protocol due to Covid, despite her not having Covid, we were not all able to see her in the hospital to say our goodbyes. Only one person was allowed but they made an exception an allowed my dad, brother, and myself. I haven't ever seen my dad ever breakdown and cry. He is a huge mess right now, i mean he has been married with my mom over 50years. So right now we are alternating taking dad in our home.

My mom was a wonderful giving person. She did live a full life. Love you mom, you will be missed! i think ill make a funeral thread as its pretty crazy on how much it cost. Was not really prepared for it.

Ah i just saw this. So sorry for your loss HDR, my sincere condolences. Very sad for your and family.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Sorry to hear about this HDR. I was in the same boat a few years back when my mom passed away and my dad did the same as yours, especially since she died on his birthday. While I miss my mom a lot, I'm grateful she didn't have to live through this COVID crap.