DO NOT ORDER SH8T from TV ADS

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Nice. I should get an OTA setup going at my house. Considering putting some security cameras but we’ll see. Definitely won’t do it until winter. No way in hell I’m going in to the attic in summer.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have a fake name and fake number on hand for that.
The problem with using a fake name is that eventually, (it may take years) you will get mail at your home with your fake name on it. Somehow someone connects the dots and causes this to happen. I used to get mail addressed to "Mr. Bat" and I had to move a few times before they stopped showing up.
Similar issue exists when using fake birthday, you get birthday emails from other sites besides the ones you use fake birthday on. The plus side on this is that it messes up people who try identity theft on you. Last year I got a rejection letter from the State Unemployment Office to my claim for Unemployment checks and noticed it had one of the fake birthdays on it.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
The problem with using a fake name is that eventually, (it may take years) you will get mail at your home with your fake name on it. Somehow someone connects the dots and causes this to happen. I used to get mail addressed to "Mr. Bat" and I had to move a few times before they stopped showing up.
I moved into an apartment and found mail from Comcast addressed to "Grifty Coon". I wonder if that followed him.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hahaha, for fucks sake. Grifty Coon? WTF.

I should do the fake name shit and send it to people on my block.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Don't order shit from TV, wow did that even need to be said?

My sweet old grandmother used to buy me a lot of food from qvc up until maybe 4 years ago. That stuff was crazy expensive, and a mixed bag, it was a lot of those kansas city steak co types of places. She could not be talked out of sending that stuff.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My sweet old grandmother used to buy me a lot of food from qvc up until maybe 4 years ago. That stuff was crazy expensive, and a mixed bag, it was a lot of those kansas city steak co types of places. She could not be talked out of sending that stuff.
My grandpa too. He would buy stamps or coins from these brochures he'd get mailed to him. He told me, "when I'm gone this will be yours". Eventually we had to have a talk with him about wasting his money, which kind of made me wonder about the ethics of telling an elderly person to stop spending their money on things. He stopped eventually.

I think it's a combination of things. The elderly are preyed on to buy useless things, but they do it mostly to buy something for their family in a gesture of love, and maybe to feel useful.

Last edited:
Yeah actually she was a very mean ass grandma who could only really express love with buying material items for people, how can you talk someone like that into stopping. It took years of trying to convince her gently.

I really love the south park qvc episode, they did a great job with it.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My grandpa too. He would buy stamps or coins from these brochures he'd get mailed to him. He told me, "when I'm gone this will be yours". Eventually we had to have a talk with him about wasting his money, which kind of made me wonder about the ethics of telling an elderly person to stop spending their money on things. He stopped eventually.

I think it's a combination of things. The elderly are preyed on to buy useless things, but they do it mostly to buy something for their family in a gesture of love, and maybe to feel useful.
My grandma got scammed on coins as well. One of the reasons those people were so successful was because a lot of old people remembered back when coin collecting was seen as an actual investment but those people that target olds were just crooks. She always used to talk about how nice the sales people were like they were actual friends or family.

When she died my mom threw about 95% of them away and sold the rest for weight.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

When I die, I'm having a sackful of wheat pennies dropped on your head by the highest bidder from n-g.com.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Yeah grandpa, stop spending your money on things you might enjoy so that when you're dead I can use it to buy a bitchin' Camaro.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah grandpa, stop spending your money on things you might enjoy so that when you're dead I can use it to buy a bitchin' Camaro.
Like I said it was a good question on ethics.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
I hope they have cool video game shit for me to buy when I'm elderly and confused. I'd totally buy repro MVS carts and foist them on unsuspecting grandkids.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
they will be selling us SD cards in the shape of 12" vinyl records

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Unblockable, unskippable, 5 minute long TIME LIFE commercials on YouTube videos advertising a microchip with ALL 5,000,000 OF YOUR FAVORITE HITS ON ONE VINYL RECORD THAT SPINS

SCAN QR-CODE IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES AND RECEIVE A FREE CASSETTE-SHAPED VERSION !!!! While supplies last

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Unblockable, unskippable, 5 minute long TIME LIFE commercials on YouTube videos advertising a microchip with ALL 5,000,000 OF YOUR FAVORITE HITS ON ONE VINYL RECORD THAT SPINS

SCAN QR-CODE IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES AND RECEIVE A FREE CASSETTE-SHAPED VERSION !!!! While supplies last
It is my dream to design and deploy a 12" Blu-Ray format for impractically large movies.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Come back to what you just said 30 years from now, you'll have a sensible chuckle.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member

I hate you because you're telling the truth

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
OVER-THE-AIR is cable for free! I get eighty channels and only watch maybe five TOPS..
Anyway, shaver(s) finally arrived..I allowed the transaction to process through..the battery and charger will arrive separately which will prolly take another week...
There's no benefit here as I thought the shipping would at least be speedy...
If you are a psychotic and you want to order off tv,hang up on the robot when you have completed your initial order..and it looks like I did the correct thing..with the exception of listening to all the extra bullsh8t they try to push on you.
BB

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I go back to ordering product from TV ads and being offered COD as a method of payment and haven't done so in like FOREVER so I see an ad on TV for Tac shaver. What the hell,I'll give them a call..I call up and a ROBOT is there to take my order. The robot asks me questions and I try to answer each one until sh8t started going sideways...
Anyway the questions:
ROBOT-If you want shaver state,yes.OK
ROBOT-If you want the second shaver at a discount,state yes.OK
ROBOT-What are you paying with.we accept Debit or credit card.OK
ROBOT-Please give us your credit information.OK(I use a cc with a small limit on purpose being apprehensive right out the gate) OK
ROBOT-They trace my phone# to verify it's me. OK
ROBOT-Would you like to give us an e-mail so we can notify you when we ship.NO(I gave you enough already,I don't need the spam filling up my box)
ROBOT-would you like the battery and charger for xxxx amount of dollars? (My so called discount is erased due to the cost of the charger no bttery so..)OK can we get this over with already,the deal is not really a deal but it looks like a good product.
ROBOT-would you like to purchase x amount of blades, we will send you blades every month automatically unless you call a certain 800# to cancel ?NO (I'd like to try the item out first before I get invested in it like that) can we end this already!
NOW WE GO OFF THE RAILS...
ROBOT-we re going to send coupons from Walmart and 3 different magazine subscriptions and you will be automatically billed every month unless you call a certain 800# to cancel..NO
ROBOT-we still want to send you free gifts and thank you for your patience so we would like to offer you BLAH BLAH BLAH and bill your cc
FUCK THIS SH8T! I just hang up the phone...Magazine subscriptions? WTF you want to bill me every month for some miscellaneous bullsh8t and I just want the shaver.
My how things have changed...
I'll be checking to see if they billed me or not.. My cc may just come up lost to detach those bastards from having my cc info.
What a SCAM!
BB
Same applies to Facebook click bait

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I've never done social media and proud of the fact. Their just information gathering hubs that the people legitimize as being something so great. My social media was calling BBS's all over the country,conference calls ,conversations with cool folks in the UK,Denmark,Sweden,Puerto Rico,Germany,etc.
The last time I ever ordered something from TV , COD was a thing so I was taken aback when this company would risk angering or annoying the customer by attempting to pick my pocket.
BB

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bro, it's not 1997 anymore.

Also you're delusional if you think any of these scummy companies that sell "as seen on TV" like junk aren't just trying to pick your pocket and sell your info.

It's all crap they fool old people into buying. That being said I have some awesome copper knee braces and bracelets that will seriously change your life, let me know if you're interested because I can get you a great deal on a set.

Last edited: