The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
YouTube getting rid of vaccine misinformation is interesting.

I mean fuck YouTube also but sounds like the biggest accounts spreading the info on the platform were just health supplement scammers.

I was aware people believed in homeopathy and the like cures like nonsense. Figures they’d take anti virals up their ass.

People suck.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
lithy, it was a TonK reference. But thanks for the answer, dweebenheimer.

Gotta make a lithy thread one day. lithy's gonna kill us all one day.

I knew there was something I forgot to do.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I mean the invisibility of this illness is such a huge factor in why people don't give a fuck. Flesh rotting off would be more effective, but this 'no symptoms for two weeks' and fever, difficulty breathing, etc thing makes a lot of people want to take the risk. Honestly pisses me off why the fuck there hasn't been a big hit piece in mainstream media with them in hospitals getting an inside look. It could make a difference. It could have, at least.

You're a cool dude wasabi. Stay golden.

There have been lots of stories.... But you have to remember that the media is full of lies and this is all a hoax.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In 2016 I did not understand the misinformation campaign tied to the election. In fact, I wasn’t sure I believed anyone was dumb enough to be tricked believe such things. Surely no one believes everything they read or see on the internet?

The last few years have been very tough and sobering on my understanding of my fellow man. Particularly after January 6.

Just so we are all clear.

I was right about all that shit. I took a lot of shit for it then. But I was always right.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There have been lots of stories.... But you have to remember that the media is full of lies and this is all a hoax.
nort, there has never been a full, in your face, mainstream news "this guy is dying, look at him" piece.

Or, maybe I'm wrong.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Just so we are all clear.

I was right about all that shit. I took a lot of shit for it then. But I was always right.
I fucking love this guy. Never stop posting here. God knows why you still post here. Just don't stop.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
nort, there has never been a full, in your face, mainstream news "this guy is dying, look at him" piece.

Or, maybe I'm wrong.

The last few months have been full of "Mother of 3 didn't believe in vaccines, now she and her husband are dead" stories.

The onion even ran a spoof of it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Once again, you have to remember that a certain segment of the population has been conditioned to believe that the media is just a bunch of liars trying to hurt trump. The scientists and the doctors are a bunch of liars trying to hurt trump.

The only trustworthy information comes from anonymous Social Media and the mouth of Donald J. Trump.

So all of the stuff about watching people die isn't really happening. Unless 13 service personnel in Afghanistan are killed in a terrorist attack. Then it is the tragedy of the century.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The last few months have been full of "Mother of 3 didn't believe in vaccines, now she and her husband are dead" stories.

The onion even ran a spoof of it.
I'm not in America. I don't know if the news is showing videos of these people on their deathbeds. Fair enough.

edit: Different, different, DIFFERENT to cover stories about people dying versus videos of how they are during their death with this covid. Words don't mean shit to half of America now. Gotta get videos now. Videos of people unable to speak without breathing every second, for example.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm not in America. I don't know if the news is showing videos of these people on their deathbeds. Fair enough.

most families aren't going to want to have thier loved one's dying on tv. And most media wouldn't broadcast it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I get YouTube ads urging me to get vaccinated that show someone Intubated on a breathing machine. I’m 99% sure it’s a set.

It’s like those obnoxious anti smoking commercials so I’m sure it has the opposite intended effect.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It’s crazy how we have already begun the deathcycle of vaping with the ads on Adult Swim urging kids to stop vaping. How long did it take for cigarettes to get that far?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There is a theory in health psychology that says that demonstrating the effects of an unhealthy behavior does little to change anyone's mind.

While it is effective to tell smokers "If you start smoking, your teeth may rot out", it won't change the behavior of a smoker since every time they take a puff, they don't see the effect.

Or a better example might be seat belt use. Seatbelt users don't wanna get mangled or die. Every time someone doesn't use thier seatbelt and doesn't crash, they are being reinforced to continue the behavior. Most of the time , no amount of graphic images of people who are in car wrecks can overcome the reinforcement of not wearing a seatbelt and not crashing.

So the person eschewing vaccinations and hanging out in other high risk places isn't swayed by pictures of people laying face down with a breathing tube. Unless possibly it is a close family member or something. That has been shown to change people's behavior. Having a close person die or be hospitalized with covid.

HUMANS ARE BAD AT ASSESSING RISKS>

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Or, maybe I'm wrong.

As norton says, that's pretty much all covid coverage is at this point. Here's a person that died, there's a person that died. The more checkboxes of the following: unvaccinated but now regretful, multiple family members all dying or leaving behind young kids, as young as possible, as not visibly obese as possible, Trumpiest Trumper that ever Trumped that you can tick, the higher billing it will get, bonus points if it's in a state where you can simultaneously bash on the governor for wanting people to die.

Whether you think that it's just reporting the facts or stirring up a panic I guess depends on your Fish-eye lens. From my perspective it is not changing anyone's mind. Anecdotes rule the news stream, even stories about broader problems like kids getting sick and ICUs filling up usually lack data and context, but the stories are mostly geared toward telling the holdouts that they should feel like idiots and submit to the benevolent state.

Reactions: wyo

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Speaking of monkey serum…

I recently learned that in the mid 20th century that whole head transplants with monkeys were conducted with varying degrees of success.

For whatever I can’t stop thinking about this. Particularly how deeply disturbing and simultaneously fascinating it is.
Yeah, some of the monkeys would realize they'd had their heads swapped and would get really angry.

Have you heard of the Nazi zombie dogs?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

edit: Different, different, DIFFERENT to cover stories about people dying versus videos of how they are during their death with this covid. Words don't mean shit to half of America now. Gotta get videos now. Videos of people unable to speak without breathing every second, for example.
Oh I think you mean crisis actors

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Or a better example might be seat belt use. Seatbelt users don't wanna get mangled or die. Every time someone doesn't use thier seatbelt and doesn't crash, they are being reinforced to continue the behavior. Most of the time , no amount of graphic images of people who are in car wrecks can overcome the reinforcement of not wearing a seatbelt and not crashing.
Freedom will save me.

In NH, motorcycle drivers don't need to wear helmets because live free or die. In other words, if a motorcycle driver gets in an accident and dies a preventable death, the driver of the other vehicle gets the pleasure of living with that guilt for the rest of their life.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wonder if you can use that to sue the estate for emotional damages.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, some of the monkeys would realize they'd had their heads swapped and would get really angry.

Have you heard of the Nazi zombie dogs?

No, only read about the Soviet dog experiments where they grafted the front end of a dog on to another dog.

Absolutely wild. Terrifying, fascinating. I read some grafting and transplant experiments have occurred recently with nice.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Freedom will save me.

In NH, motorcycle drivers don't need to wear helmets because live free or die. In other words, if a motorcycle driver gets in an accident and dies a preventable death, the driver of the other vehicle gets the pleasure of living with that guilt for the rest of their life.

I’ll feel no guilt when someone dies of something preventable when they refuse the preventative.

Fuck around and find out.