Time to fall back!!!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sunday, November 7th at 2 a.m. Daylight Saving Times ends for the United States. Get that extra hour of sleep you lost during the 'Spring Forward' aspect of this outdated ritual. As always, Hawaii and Arizona (except Navajo Nation) don't touch their clocks since they don't believe in DST.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Back in elementary school, I learned that Daylight Savings Time was initially put in place during WWI to conserve oil for the war effort. At that time, oil lamps were far more common for lighting homes and businesses than electricity, so utilizing an extra hour of daylight saved tons of oil. Everyone always says it's because of farmers that we still have it though. But I don't really mind it to be honest.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
March 2021 was supposed to be the last time of hour stealing time in the EU, but discarding DST seems to become a never ending story here...

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
DST is a good lesson in life. It doesn’t help anything, it does the opposite, but it can’t be stopped. There is literally no intelligent argument for it, only morons repeating things that aren’t true stick up for it. Stats prove it causes more car accidents, sleep issues, family problems, etc. Even trying to get someone to explain what they think the real benefits are is almost impossible, proving those benefits…totally impossible.

So how do we ever reverse climate change? That’s an actual problem, DST simply needs to be written out of law. It’s a %100 man made problem with a man made fix and still we can’t dump it. DST has outlived the war on drugs, the civil rights era, the draft, leaded gas…

At this point if someone in congress tries to end it Satan’s Dick will defend it and then it instantly become a political issue for people who claim it’s part of our heritage and we’ll have it for another century.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I can't believe we still have it, with all the proposed legislation over the years to go to year-round DST. It's a bipartisan issue.

Personally, at least now that I work from home it bothers me less, since I no longer have to commute home in the dark. But of course a lot of people still have to.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Time is an illusion. Daylight Savings Time triply so.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That extra hour of sleep was tits.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So...how many of you woke up and forgot about the time change?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yep, the fact that my phone does this automatically means I don’t even think about it anymore.
Wait, did I sleep for 6 hours or 7? What's the real time again?

-Increased risk of heart attack/stroke.
-Increase in car accidents.
-Added stress on kids in school.
-Increase in seasonal affective disorder and the jet lag negative effects on health.
-Disrupts eating, sleeping schedules of kids, pets and livestock.
-Spending decreases after time change, negatively effecting the economy.
-Increased fuel/electricity consumption.

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I never thought about this before until one of our CNAs posted it on FB.
IMG_20211107_223446.jpg
So, how does that even work, hours/pay-wise? Do you get an hour of overtime or what? I used to work midnights at a 24 hour gas station, about 20 years ago, but, I can't remember how that was handled.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
It started getting dark at 4:30pm, and my first thought was it was going to rain. This is still bullshit.