Are personal trainers worth it?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was a personal trainer for years, so I'm biased in this but they are absolutely worth it.

Typically clients would come in looking to push last a plateau or need someone to hold them accountable to fitness without hurting themselves. PTs can help with ensuring you have proper form, you're training is meeting your goals, you have appropriate work rest cycles, and that you're effectively overloading your muscles in a structured way.

Think of it this way, you're investing in you. You will retain the knowledge of proper exercise form and effective workout plans even if you stop going to a trainer, so why not.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
If weight loss is your goal, try intermittent fasting. Assuming you have some self-control, you can lose a lot of weight (and keep them off) very quickly. I have been doing it for more than a year and it is great. I alternate between eating once a day to narrowing the window of eating to about 6 hours.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Without a doubt PTs are fantastic. They will create a schedule of things that you need to do to achieve your goal. And if you stick to it, then you will achieve it.

100% more likely to get in shape and avoid injury using them.

If you have the money, and the determination, why not.

edit: man, speaking of getting in shape. This shit is getting fucking hard in my 30s. My younger self would wreck myself now and I don't like that thought.
Your liver isn't optimized anymore. Your lifestyle has made it harder for your body to operate efficiently.

Good news is that you have a lot of chinese herbalists who can help you restore your liver function. Maybe acupuncture too. If you have an open mind you should try it.

and obviously cut down on the drinking.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Get fat then start doing powerlifting or strong man like me.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When is the last time any of you screamed like that.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Personal trainers are a waste of time and money. Want to get the fire back? Get yourself into a boxing ring and get your ass whooped by somebody 15 years younger than you. You'll train harder than ever to whoop his ass.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Personal trainers are a waste of time and money. Want to get the fire back? Get yourself into a boxing ring and get your ass whooped by somebody 15 years younger than you. You'll train harder than ever to whoop his ass.
Fuck that, just run. Set a target and run, run and run some more. running will test every part of you mind and body. If you can't run a 10k in less than 1hr 30m you're unfit. Try getting under an hour and then you'll see your maker.