The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ah okay, a millionaire who is anti-vax. How courageous of a stand when you can afford the best medical care in the world.
He’s taking ivermectin.

a complete asshole, and dummy to boot.

his wife *makes her own medicines* and has no formal training to do so.

worth a read:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oh, I see.

He’s actually just retarded.
Oh man, you don't know the half of the tinfoil conspiracy shit he's promoting.
Look up his thoughts on ingesting clay, or his fiancée's thoughts on sunning her vagina.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We’ll I’m glad to see the Football Players=Dumbasses stereotype is playing out in real life.

What a fucktard.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I wonder if he is like Joe Rogan. Won't take the vaccine, but runs right to the Monoclonal antibodies (which are subject to short supply) to feel better.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
D-day has finally arrived at work. I just got a voicemail that one of the residents, miraculously our first, tested positive for Covid. So, back to lockdown. Wings are closed, all activities suspended, and all direct care staff (not me) have to wear N95 masks now. I don't work until later this morning, so, I don't know any details beyond that yet. Residents are permitted to leave the facility to go on outings with their family/friends, medical appointments, etc., so, I don't know if whomever it was caught it inside or outside the building, but, since almost all of them are vaccinated, this development is not good. Today is also mandatory Covid testing day for staff, so, it'll be interesting to see how that shakes out too (I feel fine).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wonder if he is like Joe Rogan. Won't take the vaccine, but runs right to the Monoclonal antibodies (which are subject to short supply) to feel better.
I imagine that there are people involved on this site who are doing that too

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Medical Care baffles me. Do you just go to your Dr and say “give me antibodies plz?”

Shouldn’t the doctor say:

“Get vaccinated.”

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Shouldn’t the doctor say:

“Get vaccinated.”
I recommend that anyone who tests positive for Covid immediately try to get monoclonal antibody treatment. Especially if you have a comorbidity (such as obesity, high blood pressure, diabeatus, or being an antivaxxer).

Most Primary care providers won't be able to do the treatment since it has to be delivered intravenously over a long period (think dialysis or chemo). Some primary care providers really don't know much about them. You have to seek out a place that does them such as university hospital or special clinic. When Florida got so bungled last July/Aug, they had to set up specific clinics. Then they had a mad when the supplies went short because other states started using the same strategy.

If it wasn't for antibody treatment, Mike Pence would have become president.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So realistically the average American does not have access to this treatment?

In hindsight I’d have been fine with a President Pence.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In hindsight I’d have been fine with a President Pence.

The most stressful part of Pence's vice presidency before January 6th was not getting caught looking in the mirror with his penis tucked back.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The fucktard attorney general for bush who lost the MO senate race to a dead man was worse than Pence.

What was his name? John Ashcroft.

Dude was cray.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The most stressful part of Pence's vice presidency before January 6th was not getting caught looking in the mirror with his penis tucked back.
Pence would probably have to say 50 Hail Marys if he even caught a glimpse of his own penis.

@M

20 Year Member
Welp, things aren't too bad. The infected Covid-positive resident, and their unaffected roommate, both got moved to our Covid isolation unit for 2 weeks quarantine. The other wing was completely reopened again shortly after I arrived for work, but, the infected wing has to stay closed until the 23rd.

As I feared, the resident was vaccinated against Covid but still caught it. I know the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but, that's still worrisome. Said resident very seldom leaves the facility or even their room, so, it's almost certain that they were infected by staff, most likely the CNA who recently tested positive (I don't know if that employee was vaccinated or not).

Turns out I have to wear a N95 mask too, but, only on the infected wing. However, I have to frequently travel back-and-forth between both wings, so, I'm just leaving it on, I'm not switching masks all day. Not as comfortable as a regular mask, but, not unbearable either.

On the upside, we finally got our travelling CNAs, about 8-10 of them, so, short-staffing and mandated 12-16 hour shifts should mostly end now. We should be able to start accepting new residents again too (we're a 100 bed facility, but only have 71 residents at the moment, as we've been unable to accept new ones, to replace deceased ones, due to the staffing shortage).

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Welp, things aren't too bad. The infected Covid-positive resident, and their unaffected roommate, both got moved to our Covid isolation unit for 2 weeks quarantine. The other wing was completely reopened again shortly after I arrived for work, but, the infected wing has to stay closed until the 23rd.

As I feared, the resident was vaccinated against Covid but still caught it. I know the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but, that's still worrisome. Said resident very seldom leaves the facility or even their room, so, it's almost certain that they were infected by staff, most likely the CNA who recently tested positive (I don't know if that employee was vaccinated or not).

Turns out I have to wear a N95 mask too, but, only on the infected wing. However, I have to frequently travel back-and-forth between both wings, so, I'm just leaving it on, I'm not switching masks all day. Not as comfortable as a regular mask, but, not unbearable either.

On the upside, we finally got our travelling CNAs, about 8-10 of them, so, short-staffing and mandated 12-16 hour shifts should mostly end now. We should be able to start accepting new residents again too (we're a 100 bed facility, but only have 71 residents at the moment, as we've been unable to accept new ones, to replace deceased ones, due to the staffing shortage).
Are the oldsters all booster jabbed yet?

@M

20 Year Member
Are the oldsters all booster jabbed yet?
That's the frustrating thing, they were supposed to get their booster shots this very Thursday, and us on Friday, but, since we've got a positive case in-house now, that may have to be cancelled, but, hopefully not...

@M

20 Year Member
How much does a traveling CNA make?
I don't know the exact figure, but, I'm told more than our CNAs, and I'm worried that's going to cause problems too. One of our CNAs already asked, and rightly so, why should the traveling ones get paid more, for doing the same job, and why shouldn't they hit the road and do the same?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pence would probably have to say 50 Hail Marys if he even caught a glimpse of his own penis.

You must not know much about Evangelicals if you think Pence is a Catholic.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Older people may not have enough antibodies from the shot to truly reach 95% on the booster.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don't know the exact figure, but, I'm told more than our CNAs, and I'm worried that's going to cause problems too. One of our CNAs already asked, and rightly so, why should the traveling ones get paid more, for doing the same job, and why shouldn't they hit the road and do the same?

They should quit and get a higher paying wage.