The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Coworker just called me. More positive Covid cases, staff & residents, so, my department has been shut down for the weekend, so, I don't have to work by my lonesome after all and now I'm on involuntary vacation too. Boss says we'll figure things out on Monday.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Coworker just called me. More positive Covid cases, staff & residents, so, my department has been shut down for the weekend, so, I don't have to work by my lonesome after all and now I'm on involuntary vacation too. Boss says we'll figure things out on Monday.

The whole department? So who is going to care for the residents?

@M

20 Year Member
The whole department? So who is going to care for the residents?
I work in activities, those are good for the residents' mental/social/physical health, but, they're not going to die if they can't play bingo either.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I work in activities, those are good for the residents' mental/social/physical health, but, they're not going to die if they can't play bingo either.

Maybe they would if they really reaaaaaally love bingo...

@M

20 Year Member
For some of the residents, I have to wonder. 😂 The good news is that I just asked my boss and she said it's okay for me to use 2 of my vacation days too, so I won't lose 16 hours.

I hope my fooking co-worker bought a lotto ticket, because he was obviously psychic!

@M

20 Year Member
That vaccine sure is effective, eh? I don't think the residents who have it are seriously ill, or they'd be moved to a hospital, so, it probably made the sickness less severe.

Employment law violation how? My coworker used 2 vacation days for Saturday & Sunday, so, I don't see why I couldn't. As long as it's approved (and I asked my boss' permission first), I don't see why there'd be a problem?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Well it’s a good thing the Pandemic is over.
Screenshot-2018-04-14-at-9.27.47-AM.png

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
That vaccine sure is effective, eh? I don't think the residents who have it are seriously ill, or they'd be moved to a hospital, so, it probably made the sickness less severe.

Employment law violation how? My coworker used 2 vacation days for Saturday & Sunday, so, I don't see why I couldn't. As long as it's approved (and I asked my boss' permission first), I don't see why there'd be a problem?

Taking vacation days isn't the problem. My issue is that your employer is allowing employees to increase the risk of a dangerous work environment, and that due to your employer's executive lack of a spine, you are compelled to burn PTO. I'd save that and burn sick leave instead.

But overall, you should ask your employer to consider paying toward your RN degree, in exchange for working at the home for at least 5 years. You'll likely never have more bargaining power than you do right now.

@M

20 Year Member
I can't use sick days if I'm not actually sick (I've never used a sick day yet) and I'm not going to lie (well, technically, I AM incurably ill, so, it could be argued that I'm perpetually sick forever, so, it wouldn't be a lie, lol). It has to be either vacation or personal days (sick days are actually worth something because my employer buys back anything in excess of 80 hours at the end of the year). I'm not likely to take a vacation anyway, so, I figured I'd spend some of that to make up for those 16 hours that I'd be short.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
This martyrdom schtick is getting old - there's only so long you can complain about a job before you either confront your boss or move on. What's it to be?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I can't use sick days if I'm not actually sick (I've never used a sick day yet) and I'm not going to lie (well, technically, I AM incurably ill, so, it could be argued that I'm perpetually sick forever, so, it wouldn't be a lie, lol). It has to be either vacation or personal days (sick days are actually worth something because my employer buys back anything in excess of 80 hours at the end of the year). I'm not likely to take a vacation anyway, so, I figured I'd spend some of that to make up for those 16 hours that I'd be short.
You can use a sick day for any reason. Mental health, sexual health, lego health. If you're the only one at the home pressed to be honest, that's a labor law violation. It's clear everyone else is calling in sick willy nilly.

M, this is the end of the fucking line. I'm agreeing with StevenK. No one here is going to feel sorry for you any longer. You're pathetic in the way a sad child sticks his dick in a blender and mutilates himself. You defile yourself. I feel more sorry for your parents than I do for you.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
It’s tough love but these guys are right, M...

You should get a motorcycle.
And ride it to work wearing to sandals.
Your boss will be like “you’re a rockstar take my job!!”

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It’s tough love but these guys are right, M...

You should get a motorcycle.
And ride it to work wearing to sandals.
Your boss will be like “you’re a rockstar take my job!!”
I did this and a member here even quoted in his sig. But that was 10+ years ago.

I felt great about that, for a while. Riding a motorcycle with sandals.

@M

20 Year Member
Snow/ice on roads & motorcycles don't play nice together in the winter (it's snowing right now where I live) nor is wearing sandals a good idea when it's below zero (it's not that cold yet, just 20s-30s, but, it's coming). Sandals aren't permitted at work anyway, and for good reason. Having a morbidly obese resident drive over your feet with their wheelchair is not a pleasant experience, even less so if your toes are exposed.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Snow/ice on roads & motorcycles don't play nice together in the winter (it's snowing right now where I live) nor is wearing sandals a good idea when it's below zero (it's not that cold yet, just 20s-30s, but, it's coming). Sandals aren't permitted at work anyway, and for good reason. Having a morbidly obese resident drive over your feet with their wheelchair is not a pleasant experience, even less so if your toes are exposed.
Visit me for a week. I will make you realize how fucking gay and how fucking cool this world can be.

@M

20 Year Member
Or, you could be a bro, save me some money, pack yourself in a cardboard box with several weeks worth of food/water (play some Metal Gear if you're unsure about what size you'll need), write "super cool Chinese building block set for M" on the side, and the post office will know exactly where to send you. 😂

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Or, you could be a bro, save me some money, pack yourself in a cardboard box with several weeks worth of food/water (play some Metal Gear if you're unsure about what size you'll need), write "super cool Chinese building block set for M" on the side, and the post office will know exactly where to send you. 😂

Definitely not management material.

@M

20 Year Member
I'd probably have a nervous breakdown if I was a supervisor at my job. Stressful and unpredictable place, especially now, and even worse if you're one of the people responsible for trying to keep things together.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I believe I got Covid around the end of February 2020.
I could be crazy I dunno I’m just sharing my experience with everyone.

My children had just been sick, I stopped at a gas station and the clerk look under the weather and I drove to the passport office in Chicago and got my papers in order. I drove with a friend and she brought a mask for me but I didn’t wear it, nobody else in the building was wearing one and the atmosphere was pretty somber and business like. Tons of other people also getting their stuff in order.

Anyways when I got home I broke out in chills and got a fever for around 45 minutes. I had sniffles for a couple days and some sort of nasal drip in the back of my nose for couple weeks.
I took some huge multivitamin packs and got a prescription for a Zpak. I wasn’t actually able to get tested until almost June though.

Since then:

For almost six months I had problems breathing and any kind of physical activity made me feel like I was having a heart attack. I would start seeing stars, get light headed and then have severe migraine headaches.

I had eye boogers for a couple weeks and my eyelids always burned and itched and were purple for several months.

Always tired and had a achy body but could only sleep a few hours at a time. About a year

Skin problems. I keep getting rashes over my whole body and other malady's. Some sort of lesion/ festering sore appeared on my knuckle shortly after I took the ZpaK and hasn’t gone away after almost two years now.

Worst of all was I couldn’t think clearly, any time I would think about serious issues I got exhausted and if I kept pushing it I would have a narcolepsy type reaction. Several times I found myself laying on the ground or sprawled over a table/desk with coffee/food spilled everywhere. This lasted well over a year. My heads cleared up pretty well now over the last few months.

Horrible abdominal pain and irregularities in both extremes. Over a year.

I’ve had some sort unexplained autoimmunity problems for over a decade, my body makes too many white blood cells and attacks itself. Some of these problems like the skin and stomach problems seem to have been amplified after I got sick.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes earlier this year and am working on beating it.. I lost 25 pounds right off the bat working on for a few months and want to lose another 20 but have lost my motivation for awhile now.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How is your respiratory system now? And your mental state - clear or cloudy?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Respiratory is good for over a year now,
Mental state is clear for the last few months,
I have depression but I don't think it's related.