Rittenhouse Trial

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Of course guns are for killing people.

Don’t be stupid.

The problem is the selective use of the term “weapons of war” - most all firearms are descended from designs made for or used in war.

It’s a meaningless distinction designed to drum up an emotional response.

It’s a code phrase, a dog whistle.

The statists want to ban semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines.

Calling them assault weapons didn’t work so they switched to calling them “weapons of war.”

More people were beaten to death last year in America than were killed by rifles.

Handguns still represent the overwhelming majority of firearm fatalities in America.

But all we hear about are the “weapons of war” - semi-automatic rifles.

The anti-gun lobby is entirely disingenuous and does not care about reducing harm.

Call them what they are: “firearms.”
Yes assault rifle is a much better term and it's what I would normally use
I didn't know all that history and dog whistling didn't mean to imply an of it buuuuuut:

as·sault ri·fle
noun
a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

in·fan·try
/ˈinfəntrē/
noun
soldiers marching or fighting on foot; foot soldiers collectively.
"the infantry advanced at sunrise"

Definitions from Oxford Languages

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Rittenhouse’s rifle wasn’t capable of automatic fire.

By your own definition it’s not an assault rifle.

Try again.

Do you know who have assault rifles? The Police.

Do the police have weapons of war?

Let’s get these weapons of war out of the hands of America’s largest gang.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just kidding, the Police overwhelming commit murder with handguns just like everyone else who commits murder with a firearm in the US.

Rittenhouse had a rifle because it was easier for him to obtain, legally use, and legally carry in public.

And also because he’s an idiot. But that’s neither here nor there.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Rittenhouse’s rifle wasn’t capable of automatic fire.

By your own definition it’s not an assault rifle.

Try again.

Do you know who have assault rifles? The Police.

Do the police have weapons of war?

Let’s get these weapons of war out of the hands of America’s largest gang.

Military m16's are not fully automatic, only capable of 3 round bursts that they never use.
They stopped using the A1 shortly after it's release during Vietnam.

What is the difference between the M16A1 and A2?

The A2 design featured several improvements over the A1, including a spent case deflector immediately behind the ejection port to prevent cases from striking left-handed users, a heavier barrel, and the modified action that replaced the fully automatic setting with a three-round burst setting.

Why did they make the M16 burst fire?

The reason for this replacement was the massive waste of ammunition and very poor performance of soldiers who fired their rifles in fully automatic mode during the Vietnam War.

The AR15 civilian mode is an almost exact replica of the M16 but it doesn't have the burst feature that they never use.

If you want a fully automatic assault weapon then you need to step up to the M249 squad assault weapon SAW.

The main purpose of it being fully automatic isn't to make huge piles of dead bodies but to lay down suppressive fire. (make the other people want to run away and hide)

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Period.

Three-Round burst is “automatic” fire under US Federal Law. If it fires more than one bullet with a single trigger pull it’s a machine gun.

M16A2?

The fuck, is it the 1980s? Because they just called and they want an M4.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Go ahead and buy a three round burst fire control group for an AR-15 and install it. Make sure you send the install video to the ATF.

Enjoy your 10 year vacation at Club Fed.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I think he went to feel like a dress up hero. I knew a guy in high school with exactly that mentality. Shit, there's a member here we all know and like who had basically that mentality even as an adult. It's all funny and almost oddly endearing until the day they can no longer resist acting out their fantasies of being an action hero.

I think about Merc from time to time. With the low popularity of malls these days, I often wonder what’s out there that he’s “protecting.”

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
What's it's best utility?

Home defense
Personal safety
Hunting
Law Enforcement day to day
Riot Control
Sniper Rifle

I mean sure you could use it for those things but it's not the best choice or what it was made for.

It's made for making big piles of dead bodies real quick.
Is that better?

Military m16's are not fully automatic, only capable of 3 round bursts that they never use.
They stopped using the A1 shortly after it's release during Vietnam.

What is the difference between the M16A1 and A2?

The A2 design featured several improvements over the A1, including a spent case deflector immediately behind the ejection port to prevent cases from striking left-handed users, a heavier barrel, and the modified action that replaced the fully automatic setting with a three-round burst setting.

Why did they make the M16 burst fire?

The reason for this replacement was the massive waste of ammunition and very poor performance of soldiers who fired their rifles in fully automatic mode during the Vietnam War.

The AR15 civilian mode is an almost exact replica of the M16 but it doesn't have the burst feature that they never use.

If you want a fully automatic assault weapon then you need to step up to the M249 squad assault weapon SAW.

The main purpose of it being fully automatic isn't to make huge piles of dead bodies but to lay down suppressive fire. (make the other people want to run away and hide)

This is your brain on Google.

Any questions?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The first handgun I ever bought was a weapon of war…in 1873.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Rittenhouse had a rifle because it was easier for him to obtain, legally use, and legally carry in public.
Except he didn't did he?
He had his friend obtain it for him straw purchase highly illegal
As a minor was he allowed to carry it around?
Pretty sure that's one of the charges against him.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
This is your brain on Google.

Any questions?
It's also almost exactly verbatim the exact same thing they told me in the military training 20 years ago.
I was citing Google to make sure you understood I wasn't pulling it out of my ass.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
The fuck, is it the 1980s? Because they just called and they want an M4.
I wasn't issued my first M4 carbine until my 2008 deployment to Afghanistan.
I bet even in 2021 there's still some units that have mainly m16's in the armory.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Except he didn't did he?
He had his friend obtain it for him straw purchase highly illegal
As a minor was he allowed to carry it around?
Pretty sure that's one of the charges against him.

Some of that stuff would depend on WI law.

It’s generally not illegal for a minor to own a firearm even if they weren’t able to legally obtain it on their own. Grandpa can gift a gun to grandson.

Did Rittenhouse give his friend money for the gun? If so probably a straw purchase.

ATF prosecutes an embarrassingly low amount of straw purchases each year. They Firearm branch is exceedingly worthless.

Can he legally carry the gun in WI? I dunno.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wasn't issued my first M4 carbine until my 2008 deployment to Afghanistan.
I bet even in 2021 there's still some units that have mainly m16's in the armory.

Rittenhouse didn’t have an assault rifle.

The Police, however, do.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Go ahead and buy a three round burst fire control group for an AR-15 and install it. Make sure you send the install video to the ATF.

Enjoy your 10 year vacation at Club Fed.
Why would anybody want to do that? I already said its a uslees feature.
Aim center mass,. One shot one kill. The other two rounds throw off the aim of the rifle.
Maybe if your wearing a gas mask or night vision goggles and your aim will be off anyways you can spray and pray.

Today they have ACOG's and night vision scopes.
Last time anyone used biological or chemical weapons in convential warfare was in WW1.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Rittenhouse didn’t have an assault rifle.

The Police, however, do.
Right since it doesn't have that useless burst feature.
Only rich people can afford to shoot a machine gun.
I'm sure. I looked into when I first moved to the state I live in. You need additional licensing $$$, a certified safe place to store it $$$ , at and an approved range. $$$ maybe other things I forgot.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

My point is that gun control seeking to ban semi-automatic rifles is illogical when the overwhelming majority of homicides are caused by handguns.

Why are none of these groups seeking to ban handguns?

It’s all feel good political theater. I purport that opponents of semi-automatic rifles don’t actually care about saving lives.

They care about donations and re-elections.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It’s all feel good political theater. I purport that opponents of semi-automatic rifles don’t actually care about saving lives.
They care about donations and re-elections.
That's true about every issue. None of them on either side care about any of it. Other than maybe a couple psychos who accideentally slip in but then immediately get pushed to the outside, away from any policy or decision making, so they can't affect everyone else's pro wrestling show.

The Archie Bunker thing, I just always liked that, "Would you rather they was pushed out of windows, little girl?" line. Nothing deeper than that. Carroll O'Connor's delivery is tremendous.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, it feels like he's going to be acquitted.

I think it was easy to get caught up in the energy of the moment back in those days, but with benefit of hindsight it really seems foolish for someone to be out in the thick of things with a weapon. He should've stayed home.

My main impression when I see him on TV is that he's so young. This guy is just a kid. I can't fathom that we live in a nation where someone his age is able to walk around freely with a firearm.

Of course, now I think everyone under 30 is a kid. When I think of myself at that age, I don't trust the judgement of anyone under 30.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I can't fathom that we live in a nation where someone his age is able to walk around freely with a firearm.

And just imagine, American 17 year olds with guns are freely walking around in dozens of other countries too!

(17 being the age when you can join any branch of the armed services with parental consent.)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
And just imagine, American 17 year olds with guns are freely walking around in dozens of other countries too!

(17 being the age when you can join any branch of the armed services with parental consent.)
Yeah, it's pretty fucked up. But historically young kids are always sent to war. Doesn't make it okay for a kid to carry a gun around Wisconsin if you ask me.