The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Loving it so far as well. It is a clear step up compared to 14. It’s great playing CYS team again, but the play style of Shun is still jarring.
Looking forward to February. The cameos from the 3 Count Bout crew is pretty awesome btw.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
After a solid 5-6 hours playing yesterday gotta say I'm even more impressed. The netcode is pretty solid - not quite as good as GG Strive, but with some tweaking after the beta they'll get there. It's certainly better than SS 2019, though. I didn't play much 14, but I wasn't impressed when I did and it kind just fizzled out anyway.

Iori is fun as always to play, but I'm liking that he has his talon special back and it actually seems useful. Along with Chris, I actually took a liking to Shun! Neat character with command air dashes and other fun games. Very different feeling for a KOF character, but fits right in all the same.

Animation and hit detection/player feedback is on point, although there are a few hit boxes I hope SNK tweaks based on some feedback. Overall, though, I'm really enjoying it. I have some local peeps stopping by this evening to play some Versus matches so I can compare with the online.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
After a solid 5-6 hours playing yesterday gotta say I'm even more impressed. The netcode is pretty solid - not quite as good as GG Strive, but with some tweaking after the beta they'll get there. It's certainly better than SS 2019, though. I didn't play much 14, but I wasn't impressed when I did and it kind just fizzled out anyway.

Iori is fun as always to play, but I'm liking that he has his talon special back and it actually seems useful. Along with Chris, I actually took a liking to Shun! Neat character with command air dashes and other fun games. Very different feeling for a KOF character, but fits right in all the same.

Animation and hit detection/player feedback is on point, although there are a few hit boxes I hope SNK tweaks based on some feedback. Overall, though, I'm really enjoying it. I have some local peeps stopping by this evening to play some Versus matches so I can compare with the online.
I’m with ya yagamikun, game feels great and is an improvement over XIV. I’m SO damn glad to have Shermie back (though not being able to cancel into her Shermie Cute knee stomp from Shermie Whip is criminal)! I’m really digging this entry so far. :buttrock:

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
I feel like Tom now.

Attachments

• 12C0D2A2-BE12-4659-855F-657666899C39.png
    12C0D2A2-BE12-4659-855F-657666899C39.png
    690.4 KB · Views: 22

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Apparently, the roster was cryptically leaked a month ago:

View attachment 53955

What the leak got accurately right (including characters and their team formation):

- Kukri (caped dude)
- Angel (The Rock, in reference to her moves)
- Whip (Indiana Jones)
- Heidern (Red Army's General)
- Dolores (Tekken 7's Raven)

Remains to be seen:

- Maxima (Terminator) - K' Team

- Elizabeth? (Lady Oscar) - Ash Team

- Kula (?)
- K9999 / Nameless (Tetsou)

- Nakoruru? (?)
- Haohmaru? (Mitsurugi)
- Darli Dagger? (Jack Sparrow)

- Rock Howard (?)
- B. Jenet (Nami)
- Gato (Gato)

- Geese (Tod Howard)
- Billy (Axl)
- Yamazaki (Ryuji Goda)

- Rugal
- Verse

Plus an unidentified team.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
K9999 making a comeback would be wild. Not sure I ever liked the character, it's too derivative, but then again it shakes things up

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Really clever how they did that. When I first saw it, I just figured the other placeholders were weird jokes.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
Interesting leak if true, going to take a guess with the Another World team:
1)Nakoruru(obviously)
2)Mitsurugi might be a place-card for the DLC Thief Arthur from SNK Heroines(Arthur was an international replacement character for Mitsurugi in the first Soul Calibur)
3)Captain Jack Sparrow could signify Metal Slug's Sparrow Team member Fio(why else include a Metal Slug stage)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Personally, I would rather save MotW's and Samurai Shodown's characters for their respective series, and let KOF focus on its existing huge line up. If they would add returning characters, I would rather they focus on AoF and maybe FF.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Personally, I would rather save MotW's and Samurai Shodown's characters for their respective series, and let KOF focus on its existing huge line up. If they would add returning characters, I would rather they focus on AoF and maybe FF.
They have tons to draw from with respect to both series you mention. Many of those old forgotten characters are attractive enough to make a return.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
They have tons to draw from with respect to both series you mention. Many of those old forgotten characters are attractive enough to make a return.

No doubt. Hell, I would just reboot KOF into an FF & AoF origins story with simplified gameplay if it was up to me, but we know that won't sit well with the current KOF fans lol

PS: I still enjoy the series as it is, but also think it’s no longer an ideal mean to cater for the old fans. Would rather they revive the other series to that end (new Samurai Shodown is excellent IMO and old fans should give it a shot) or do something like NGBC for the more obsecure IP's.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Interesting leak if true, going to take a guess with the Another World team:
1)Nakoruru(obviously)
2)Mitsurugi might be a place-card for the DLC Thief Arthur from SNK Heroines(Arthur was an international replacement character for Mitsurugi in the first Soul Calibur)
3)Captain Jack Sparrow could signify Metal Slug's Sparrow Team member Fio(why else include a Metal Slug stage)
Definitely Hoahmaru and Darli Dagger. Hoah for obvious reasons, and Darli was by far the most popular new character in Sam Sho 2019.

It'll be interesting to see how her gameplay translates to KOF since her bread and butter is huge swipes with that crazy sword of hers.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I love that boat making saw. Darli is hella fun.

In regards to the KoF XV open beta: it was awesome.

I’m sad for the paradigm shift, aesthetics wise (XI, 12 and 13 are 3 of my favorite fighters)…like SamSho 2019, this KoF update is a labor of love.
Plays well (hitbox issues in the beta were to be expected), speed, combos, music…and little touches like the ‘insert coin sound’ from neo cabs ringing as you ‘press start’ on XV.

My bread and butters all worked for Iori, and I could bust the super cancel wicked chew bezerk from XI no problems.

Super/super/super cancel, is straight out of one of the multi-cart ‘KoF 2002+’ hacks.

Short of being sprite based, I’m not sure the devs could’ve done much more to show love.

February…there are going to be some orochi Valentine’s going out!

Fygee

20 Year Member
I dig his redesign except for the goggles.

I wonder if they'll explain his new name in the story, assmuing it's still the same character.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Now that K9999 is back in all but name, I wonder what the odds are for a showdown with Nameless…

maxresdefault.jpg