Dat halo

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone check out the Halo infinite multiplayer that came out? It's free on steam so I've been playing this weekend. It's pretty fun.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Halo Infinite Multiplayer is F2P.

It’s the best Halo multi since Halo 3.

They’ve done a great job.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I didnt play Halo 4 or 5's MP, but I did enjoy Halo 3, and ODST. I did play both 4 and 5's campaign, which I will with Infinite as well. But yeah man, Infinite's MP is quite fun!

Though I hate the level progression. It's achingly slow. You only get 50pts for a completed game, and all the points you get during a match apparently mean squat.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Halo 2 MP was the shit but that was a long time ago. I might check this one out though. It's been a long time since I played online.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I've put about 12-15 hours in so far, it's pretty great. I really like the "total control" mode.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I've put about 12-15 hours in so far, it's pretty great. I really like the "total control" mode.
Yeah Im liking that mode, in one of the big maps. The one that has that huge pit in the middle.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Played it today with a couple buds. Haven't played a Halo game since Reach, and haven't cared about Halo multiplayer since 3.

Had a blast. Game feels like 3 in the best way, and it's refreshing to play a multiplayer shooter in 2021 that isn't character based, or has perks/skills/streaks or a hardcore meta to keep up with. Just a good time all around. I think I'm hooked, too bad the cosmetic grind looks brutal

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I originally had zero intention of playing it, but given that it's both F2P and apparently fun, polished, and actually a properly finished game instead of so many other WTF releases this year, yeah, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Quick play is a blast. The event is fun. Haven’t touched ranked yet.

Progression for me has been fine. Some of the challenges are dumb but given the length of the seasons I don’t foresee any problems completing them if you play regularly.

I just hope there will be some cosmetic unlocks keyed to the campaign.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
30fps on my original Xbox One was a bit unexpected, but I got used to it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just here to say Halo is still fucking great.

Have not had this much fun in a competitive multiplayer FPS in awhile.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I caved and got the $10 battle pass cause I unlocked a cool looking helmet.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I caved and got the $10 battle pass cause I unlocked a cool looking helmet.
LOLZ LOSER.

(so did I)

Ive been playing the campaign and it feels a lot like the Far Cry games. Take out bases, get ambushed by randoms on the map, find collectibles, etc. I havent had much story, but I *think its because I havent done the next major mission that Cortana II keeps bugging me about.

"Lets go check out X!" and shes been saying that for like a couple days lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It almost feels like what they’ve always wanted to do with Halo.

Regarding the game overall it’s great and everyone seriously complaining are entitled whiny ass little bitches.

That’s not to say the game doesn’t have issues but man, people are absolutely toxic these days with their complaints and I hope 343 doesn’t listen too much to their botching.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I just hope the missions still have some fun scripted sequences and/or “levels.”

I’m gutted this doesn’t have co-op day 1.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I don't think I'm too far into the story because Ive been exploring and getting powerups. I just got to the "dig site" section. Well, I'm a teeny bit past that but not sure how far along in the story I am. Im hoping it's got more to it.

While I really do like the open world thing, it does seem a little sparse with enemies. I mean its still just the 4 main types. Grunts, jackals, Elites and Brutes. And the world itself feels a little empty. It's still pretty fun to explore, and a fully powered up grappling hook makes vertical travel super simple. In other games if a goal was on top of a mountain I'd be like yeah I dont feel like climbing for 20 minutes. But with that grapple it's a piece of cake.

Ive also been playing both campaign and online via the Xbox Gamepass PC thing. Honestly, I gotta say I like playing it with mouse/keyboard more than playing w a controller.

One complaint (ok two) that I have is that I'm completely lost on the story. At the end of Halo 5, Cortana took over the galaxy and AIs all over the galaxy swore allegiance to her. But in the first half hour of the game you find out she was deleted? And who are the Banished and Atrox that's apparently already dead? It feels like this games story basically wrote out the last 2 games.

Complaint 2: I know that the terminals thing was big in Halo 3 (and 2, I think) but in a FPS I kinda want the story in front of me as I play, like with Halo 1. I understand that collecting audio logs and whatnot will give you more information, but I'm honestly too busy grappling around and shooting dudes to bother with listening to collectathon stuff.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I’m not 100% on the story either.

I believe the banished first appeared in Halo Wars. It appears they’re a rogue faction of the covenant who reject the prophets fanatic shit.

I’ll have to watch a story recap I guess.

For now stop bad guys, save good guys, blow up the Halo is good enough for me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You ever do that LAN party thing? I heard it was the shit 20 years ago.

I was 17 Halo came out, so yeah.

We did a lot of 4 player Split Screen Halo and multiple Halo 1 via multiple Xboxes.

Did that less with Halo 2 and later Halo 3 since you could play online.

We’d do lan stuff via PC as well on occasion, but mostly just RTS (Warcraft, Command and Conquer, etc). I only had a few friends with gaming PCs.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I never played Halo after ODST...though I still have Reach, 4 and 5 I am pretty sure. :emb:

I always enjoyed them even though i dont generally enjoy FPS games, so I guess that says something, maybe. Between Halo, Gears of War and Forza games, those were always enough to get me to want to buy Xbox consoles. Would still like to eventually get a Series X I suppose.