NOS Hyper 64 Motherboard

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Bought this back around 2004 and never bought any games to play on it. It NOS and comes as pictured. Looking for $125 plus actual shipping (from Oklahoma City).

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought one of those back around the same time, probably from the same seller. Still working. It's a Rev. 1 board.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Don’t really know anything about NG 64, but looks like Rev 1 is not jamma but Rev 2 is. Is that right? How can you tell which is for fighting, racing, or shooting?

Somewhat interested in getting a Hyper fighting set up, but not sure whether any of the games are good or interesting enough for all the space they’d take up. I have a cps3 set up but 3rd strike alone justifies it

Edit: looks like the Hyper sub forum answers a lot of the above :-)

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Don’t really know anything about NG 64, but looks like Rev 1 is not jamma but Rev 2 is. Is that right? How can you tell which is for fighting, racing, or shooting?

Somewhat interested in getting a Hyper fighting set up, but not sure whether any of the games are good or interesting enough for all the space they’d take up. I have a cps3 set up but 3rd strike alone justifies it

Buriki One is like nothing else by SNK and it interesting to get one just for that.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0

Shooting (Beast Busters) does NOT have a JAMMA edge, so that's easy to tell.

Rev 1 have volume pots, Rev 2 do not. You can make any board a driving board by just strapping the I/O board onto the mobo. All the I/O boards are interchangeable with motherboards as they remain constants. You can also BIOS swap a fighting board to a driving board and vice versa

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I believe the rev 1 is almost jamma, except it has an extra power harness, and you need to use the auxiliary connector for audio.

Wiring those 2 cables for my supergun really wasn't hard. The main thing is using a beefy enough power supply. I should get another one of the power cables so I can safely use it in my MVS cab.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I believe the rev 1 is almost jamma, except it has an extra power harness, and you need to use the auxiliary connector for audio.

Wiring those 2 cables for my supergun really wasn't hard. The main thing is using a beefy enough power supply. I should get another one of the power cables so I can safely use it in my MVS cab.
IMO the secondary power is non essential. So long as you have a) a good supply and b) all voltages hooked up to all JAMMA pins Ive NEVER had an issue powering them w/o the four pin JST connector being involved

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0

I have one if you want it

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
That would be great. Are you sure you don't need it? As awbacon mentioned, I probably can get away fine without it.
I absolutely don't need it, I used it for my supergun but no longer have any H64s. PM me your shipping and I'll send it along

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
That would be great. Are you sure you don't need it? As awbacon mentioned, I probably can get away fine without it.
Yeah I mean I've been running Hyper's and never powering via the four pin JST except for Beast Busters where it's the only power in

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I still recommend using it, unless perhaps with a very short and high quality JAMMA harness. If it was completely unnecessary it probably wouldn't be there but stranger things have happened lol