offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I admit I fast forward through the wrestling shows I tape however it's mostly the interviews (unless it looks like it's good) that I dismiss and not the matches (unless it's a meaningless squash).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WWE has announced that they will be ending sales of DVD and Blu-Rays in North America.

Meanwhile,
Impact recently sold out of a Limited Run of VHS copies of Slammerversary 2021.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
In not-depressing-for-once news, Hacksaw Jim Duggan has been declared cancer-free after a recent bout with prostate cancer. He also beat kidney cancer a few decades back, but that jabroni cancer had to come back for another ass whooping.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE has released Jeff Hardy from his contract, according to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com. The release reportedly came after Hardy was offered a chance go to rehab and rejected the company’s offer.

Hardy exhibited strange behavior during Saturday’s live event in Edinburgh, Texas. He teamed with Drew McIntyre and King Woods against Roman Reigns and The Usos, and disappeared into the crowd and did not return for the post match babyface celebration. He was pulled from the road and did not appear at Sunday’s live event. As of this update, WWE has yet to officially announce Hardy’s release.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I thought he had another dui like a month ago too iirc.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jeff should never be allowed behind the wheel again. Hopefully he gets it together before it's too late.

For Matt it took his wife whooping his ass on the front lawn.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
So someone shouldn't be a fan because they don't like the *exact* thing your autistic brain thinks is the only acceptable way a show should be made? Okay. How about I just skip ROH until the better guys make it to a better show like I've been doing for the last 19 years?
Only about 19 or so more hours to ignore.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Final Battle 2021 was a great show and if that was the end of ROH it was a good high note to go out on.

And sadly Jimmy Rave has passed

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Alright, my self-imposed AEW ban lasted about three weeks. Very much coming around on Adam Cole, reminds me of peak Shawn Michaels and already better than anything Omega did in AEW.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was at the AEW show last night. Adam Cole might have had the biggest pop of the night outside of maybe CM Punk (and Hook lol.)

I had 2nd row seats, the ring was right in front of me and I was just a few feet from the timekeeper area. Justin Roberts is a really cool dude btw.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Alright, my self-imposed AEW ban lasted about three weeks. Very much coming around on Adam Cole, reminds me of peak Shawn Michaels and already better than anything Omega did in AEW.
You should check out last week's match between Hangman Adam Page and Bryan Danielson...it was probably the best match AEW has had and that's saying a lot ;)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE is dealing with COVID-19 infection cases across the company. PWInsider is reporting that the talent and staff were feeling run down over the weekend and that some have since tested positive for the virus. The report indicates that others in the company are still waiting on test results.

It doesn’t appear that any shows will be cancelled at this time. The Christmas Eve Smackdown is already taped, but the crew will hit the road after Christmas for Raw, Smackdown, and the Day One PPV event on New Year’s Day.

geladobom

War Room Troll
m7jclx84q8561.jpg

geladobom

War Room Troll
WWE is dealing with COVID-19 infection cases across the company. PWInsider is reporting that the talent and staff were feeling run down over the weekend and that some have since tested positive for the virus. The report indicates that others in the company are still waiting on test results.

It doesn’t appear that any shows will be cancelled at this time. The Christmas Eve Smackdown is already taped, but the crew will hit the road after Christmas for Raw, Smackdown, and the Day One PPV event on New Year’s Day.
I'm mad and why? Here in Portugal we still use the mask since day one and this assholes still not using masks in the building shows.
They get the two boosts and they thing we are safe already.
Mr. McDicks still not go away for good.
He pretend was dead in 2016 to make audience on the tv show, it was a shame for the community, yeah in that age i get caught by the stupid script.
Only cares about the money, it doesn´t care about people health and the community of cancer, deseases, helping poor people losing houses with the bad weather by the red cross is pure fake!
It happens the same here in my country.
Your are not alone guys!
Biden such a dumbass, he still sleeping on the chair doing nothing.
Trump get fucked and caught by the virus invention.
Stupid Europeans, accept this shit.
Who's next? A Chip from Sweden Greta, throw all over our dick and vulva to spy all over your stepfoots?
Amazing World of 2021 and is getting worst by the minute.

Bonus: Dr. Anthony Fauci is a dam terrorist.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm mad and why? Here in Portugal we still use the mask since day one and this assholes still not using masks in the building shows.
They get the two boosts and they thing we are safe already.
Mr. McDicks still not go away for good.
He pretend was dead in 2016 to make audience on the tv show, it was a shame for the community, yeah in that age i get caught by the stupid script.
Only cares about the money, it doesn´t care about people health and the community of cancer, deseases, helping poor people losing houses with the bad weather by the red cross is pure fake!
It happens the same here in my country.
Your are not alone guys!
Biden such a dumbass, he still sleeping on the chair doing nothing.
Trump get fucked and caught by the virus invention.
Stupid Europeans, accept this shit.
Who's next? A Chip from Sweden Greta, throw all over our dick and vulva to spy all over your stepfoots?
Amazing World of 2021 and is getting worst by the minute.

Bonus: Dr. Anthony Fauci is a dam terrorist.
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
You should check out last week's match between Hangman Adam Page and Bryan Danielson...it was probably the best match AEW has had and that's saying a lot ;)

Bryan did a feat that until now only Okada did with Omega, carry a mediocre wrestler the IWC beats off for to a high level entertaining match from start to end that Page only showed up for in the last 10 minutes. Also lol Cody winz.

Catching up on Noah and NJPW and the 3rd night of Wrestlekingdom will be interesting for just the personalities of the Noah guys and the NJPW guys, like poor super serious Kenoh is in a tag match against Naito and Hiromu who will mess with him just cause it’s funny yo them. Goto/Yoshi-Hashi vs Dangerous Tekkers is going to be fun just based on DT have been berating Yoshi since World Tag League with Taichi even mentioning that obviously the company doesn’t care about Yoshi cause he’s not even verified on twitter unlike the rest of the roster.

Also can’t wait for Stardom’s new year show, did not have Gulia as part of the masked people jumping folks

famicommander

15 Year Member
Did you say third night of Wrestle Kingdom?

Jesus shit. Two was too many.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Day 1 PPV Results: 1-1-22

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Keller's complete report)

1) THE USOS vs. THE NEW DAY (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)

After some early back and forth action, the Usos went on sustained offense against Kingston. Woods got a hot tag in at 4:00 and rallied, then played to the crowd. The Usos soon took control against him, though. Kofi tagged back in and landed a top rope crossbody against Jey for a near fall. (McAfee, who used to walk the line okay but now unbearably over-hypes and over-emotes everything to the point of being a caricature of his early self in WWE, called this “an instant classic.” I mean, it was good and all, but save christening a match as a classic for when it’s at least reached, say, the 15 minute mark and is three times as good and heated as this was to this point.) A few minutes later, Xavier leaped offthe top rope with a leaping stomp onto the face of Jimmy after a Kofi backbreaker, good for a two count. The Usos cmae back and landed stereo top rope splashes onto Kofi mid-ring. Woods broke up the cover. Both teams stood and squared off opposite each other and exchanged looks that they were ready to battle. Shortly thereafter, after a blind tag, the Usos pinned Kofi after a double 3D. Cole said the Bloodline continue their dominance.

WINNERS: The Usos in 17:00 to retain the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Titles. (***1/4)

(Definitely a good match. I almost resent calling it good because McAfee was so overbearing and over-the-top and declaring it some sort of instant classic. “I have no idea how anyone is going to follow that!” he said. “That is worth the price of admission itself.” Seriously. Settle down. Imagine how he reacts after getting hot, crispy french fries at a restaurant. Does he want to meet the cook in person to thank them? As good as these two teams are in general, and against each other, this is beginning to feel like the John Cena vs. Randy Orton series – too many matches over too much time to really feel fresh or novel at all anymore.)

(2) DREW MCINTYRE vs. MADCAP MOSS (w/Happy Corbin)

Early in the match, McAfee noted #WWEDay1 was the no. 1 trend in the United States. A few minutes in, Moss kicked McIntyre as he set up a backdrop. McIntyre knocked Moss to the floor seconds later. When Corbin approached McIntyre at ringside, Moss went after McIntyre. McIntyre gave him an overhead throw onto the ringside mat. Corbin distracted McIntyre as he re-entered the ring, so Moss kicked him and threw him shoulder-first into the ringpost. Madcap took over for a while.

Moss caught McIntyre mid-air and stumbled, but rammed McIntyre into the corner and then turn back and overhead suplex McIntyre. McAfee said he appeared to lose his balance a bit, but improvised impressively. McIntyre came back with a Sudden Impact DDT for a two count. McIntyre chopped Moss in the corner. He set up a Claymore, but Moss caught him with a boot. McIntyre came right back with a Claymore for the clean three count. McIntyre wagged his tongue as Corbin at ringside afterward. Cole said Moss was “very game.” A smiling McIntyre blew Moss a kiss afterward and asked if it hurt.

WINNER: McIntyre in 10:00. (**)

(Decent effort, but Moss just isn’t a serious person, and it taking McIntyre that long to beat a sidekick isn’t helping him.) [c]

(3) RK-BRO (Randy Orton & Riddle) vs. THE STREET PROFITS (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) – Raw Tag Team Title match

“Without question, without a doubt, will Day 1 be a day to remember for the profits?” Graves said you can’t say without question and frame it as a question. “That’s not how life works,” he said. As RK-Bro came out, Graves said he had to call out Graves because he said RK-Bro wouldn’t last. Migos then joined RKO-Bro on the stage and accompanied them to the ring. When Migos joined the announcers at ringside, Smith said finally someone is making Corey look underdressed. Saxton said, “I thought I did that on a weekly basis.”

Ford did some push-ups next to Riddle before going for a cover, scoring a two count. Orton tagged in. A “Randy! Randy!” chant broke out. Orton teased an RKO on Dawkins, who avoided it and quickly tagged in Ford. Ford then did some odd gyrations and Orton wasn’t sure what he was looking at. Orton poked Ford in the eyes and then landed a high standing dropkick for a two count. Riddle tagged in and, with help from Orton, launched himself with a corkscrew moonsault onto Ford. Ford kicked out and tagged in Dawkins. Ford tagged back in and landed a slingshot flip senton that slightly overshot Riddle, but led to a two count. Graves brought up Reigns being off the show due to contracting COVID.

Orton delivered a draping DDT to both Ford and Dawkins. They showed Migos popping at ringside for it. Orton signaled for an RKO against Ford, but Ford blocked it and schoolboyed Orton for a two count. Ford landed a high roundkick. Dawkins caught Riddle charging at him and suplexed him. Riddle fired back with a high knee. He then ran toward Dawkins at ringside with a running front kick. Ford knocked Riddle off the ring apron, and Riddle landed on Dawkins. Ford threw Orton shoulder-first into the ringpost next. Ford then landed a running leap over the corner ringpost with a flip dive onto both Riddle and Orton.

Back in the ring, Orton knocked Ford off balance on the top rope. He followed with a superplex attempt. Ford battled out and knocked Orton to the mat. Riddle ran into the ring and launched Ford into the air where Orton caught him with an RKO for the win.

Afterward Migos entered the ring to congratulate RK-Bro. The Street Profits also entered and shookhands with everyone and were good sports. It’s pro wrestling, so it seemed like they could attack RK-Bro at any moment, but they didn’t.

WINNER: Orton & Riddle in 12:00 to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles. (**3/4)

(Minute for minute, right there with the Usos and New Day earlier. They could have easily gone longer and held the crowd’s attention, even without a heel team in the match.)

(4) EDGE vs. MIZ (w/Maryse)

They worked methodically in the early minutes. When Edge swing-kicked Miz at ringside, Maryse yelled at Edge. Edge turned to her, giving Miz an opening to hit Edge from behind. He then remained in control back in the ring. Miz eventually landed a barrage of roundkicks to Edge’s chest. Edge came back with his third Crossface attempt, but Miz blocked it and threw Edge to ringside. When Miz went after Edge, Edge swept his legs. He looked at Maryse, who then took a few steps back. Edge gave Miz a face plant on the ringside mat.

Miz took over a minute later and rammed Edge’s head into the announce desk. He stood on the desk and set up a Skull Crushing Finale. Edge countered and slammed Miz face-first into the desk. Edge landed a top rope crossbody in the ring for a near fall at 11:00. Later, Miz applied a figure-four. Edge countered. Miz let go and went for an STF. Edge escaped. Miz then catapulted Edge into the top turnbuckle and scored a near fall. Miz put his legs on the top rope for added leverage. The ref stopped her count.

Edge applied an STF. Maryse put Miz’s foot on the bottom rope. The ref called for the break, not seeing what Maryse did. Miz regrouped at ringside, then went after Edge. Edge used a backslide to score a two count. Miz and Edge then kicked each other at the same time; both went down and were slow to get up. “Let’s Go Edge!” chanted fans. They battled on the top rope, and Edge won out and hiptossed Miz to the mat. They showed Maryse reacting at ringside. Miz feigned a knee injury after leapfrogging Edge, which gave Maryse a chance to hit Edge with her purse. Miz then landed a Skull Crushing Finale for a convincing near fall. Miz was bug-eyed with shock at the kickout. Miz told Maryse to turn around and look at the stage. Beth Phoenix was there, in her Glamazon get-up. She marched to the ring to her music (which I always liked). Maryse ran away from her as Mizyelled down at them. Edge then caught Miz when he turned around with a spear for the three count.

WINNER: Edge in 19:00.

(The early part of the match didn’t feel like an intense grudge match. It got better but still not great for the middle part. The closing third was the best portion and came close to matching the intensity of the feud. The finish with Phoenix, while not entirely unforeseeable, added something to the spectacle and sets up the anticipated mixed tag with those two couples.)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Roman Reigns was diagnosed with COVID-19 hours before his match against Brock Lesnar tonight. Lesnar will instead be added to the WWE Championship match, making it a Fatal 5 Way for the title.

Also WWE is referring to what were formerly PPVs now officially as “premium live events.