Neo Geo CD SD Loader issue...

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I just got a Brook game controller super converter that allows a PS3 or PS4 controller to be used with a Neo Geo CD or pretty much any 15 pin controller port. I tried using it with my Neo Geo CD that's been modified with an SD Loader. I've tested it playing Puzzle Bobble and it worked great with it.

I tried to play KoF '94. The game would go up until character selection, then it would reset. I tried several times with the same game and it does the same thing. I tried it with KoF '95 and it again reset at the character selection screen.

Thinking it was a controller issue, I used my Neo joystick. KoF games, loaded up fine.

I haven't tried it on my CMVS (that's giving me issues off and on). I have a feeling, though, that the same thing might happen using a NeoSD with the Brook adapter.

What could be the issue that's causing the reset? Should I just return the adapter? Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

[EDIT] A little update. I played with it on my CMVS. Worked with zero problems with the NeoSD.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I recall there being a thread some time back reporting that these adapters pull a lot of extra power from the system. That's one reason I decided not to get one.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I recall there being a thread some time back reporting that these adapters pull a lot of extra power from the system. That's one reason I decided not to get one.
So, there's a chance that the same behavior can happen with, say, BlueRetro as well?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
well that is disappointing to say the least, I wanted to get one of those.