The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Oh really? Cuz right now tons of fucking people are asymptomatic / don't notice their symptoms but are technically positive, The chances of those people being in the hospital for something entirely different, especially children with their growing bodies and high chance for physical accidents, is high.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Oh really? Cuz right now tons of fucking people are asymptomatic / don't notice their symptoms but are technically positive, The chances of those people being in the hospital for something entirely different, especially children with their growing bodies and high chance for physical accidents, is high.

Great theorycraft.

The only problem is that it defies reality.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
haven't checked the latest real facts on Omicron. I should probably do that. lot of people I know are carriers at the moment, and they are appropriately self isolating. No serious cases.

All my Q1 conferences and meetings were cancelled last week which is disappointing. The upside is every time we get a new variant, I am almost guaranteed another profit sharing bonus check. very fortunate I have a CEO that is putting our Covid windfall into the company rather than just buying back stock.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The only problem is that it defies reality.
And you know that because...? You're so full of shit. Your certainty that you're on the right side of history allows you with a clear conscience to hand wave anything or just pull something out of thin air based on nothing and believe you must be right. It's super-annoying.

I remember 20-25 years ago, hearing a lot of talk from the left that we were never going to win unless we started adopting some of the right's tactics, and thinking, "I guess...? But I'd rather not." And now seeing it implemented and constantly in action, I feel so much fucking disgust and disappointment in my own side, I can't even adequately express it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The reality is that pediatric hospitals filled up during the delta surge.
The regality is that pediatric admissions are increasing as covid admissions increase.
The reality is that the vast majority of pediatric admissions are unvaccinated.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The reality is that pediatric hospitals filled up during the delta surge.
The regality is that pediatric admissions are increasing as covid admissions increase.
The reality is that the vast majority of pediatric admissions are unvaccinated.
It's odd that paediatric hospitals filled up in the US, but I never heard a word about it in UK hospitals. I've just checked and sure enough, they didn't. What they did have was a loss of staff to isolation and a loss of staff to support adult services but nothing in terms of a paediatric hospital crisis.

I'm wondering why this is, could it be due to the obesity issues in American kids?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Covid cases are up in Michigan in general and my county. The infection control RN at work pleaded with everyone to wear masks and be careful while out celebrating New Year's last night. One of the CNAs posted pictures, of herself, and several other CNAs, kissing guys, and each other, at a bar. Hot, but also not very smart. 😂

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
And yes, the Socratic method is annoying to some.
Socrates didn't pull random shit out of his ass and try to pretend it was based on statistical data just because it sounded right to him, or because he thought a lie told for what he believed was the good of the rube he was debating was justifiable. You're not Socrates. You're a piece of shit cheap rhetorician.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
KYS as usual Norton.

Pulling 84 hours in 7 nights this week, hopefully will have 3 nights off and then its looking like i will pull another 84 hours 7 nights straight again right after that due to us barely being able to keep the plant running due to workers out with covid.
2022 is already shaping up to be just as shitty as last year.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Socrates didn't pull random shit out of his ass and try to pretend it was based on statistical data just because it sounded right to him, or because he thought a lie told for what he believed was the good of the rube he was debating was justifiable. You're not Socrates. You're a piece of shit cheap rhetorician.

Sylvie's theorycraft wasn't based on statistical data.

Pediatric hospital admissions are up. Public health officials are freaking out. It isn't just a bunch of media mumbo jumbo.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's odd that paediatric hospitals filled up in the US, but I never heard a word about it in UK hospitals. I've just checked and sure enough, they didn't. What they did have was a loss of staff to isolation and a loss of staff to support adult services but nothing in terms of a paediatric hospital crisis.

I'm wondering why this is, could it be due to the obesity issues in American kids?

It had more to do with the actions of handful of states during last late summer/ early fall.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Just got 3(!) calls from work (the cat and I slept in and missed the first 2), Covid+ employee(s) and 2 weeks of tighter PPE restrictions again. Unmasked New Year's shenanigans were totally worth it for them! 😉 My boss' nephew-in-law, that I mentioned earlier, died in the hospital from Covid too. 😞

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
lmao fucking kill yourself norton

"B...BUT SYLVIE.... BUT SYLVIE WASNT BASED ON REAL DATA!!!!"

Maybe I'm somehow a lot less hatable than you, norton. Doesn't that scare you?

Pediatric hospital admissions are up. Public health officials are freaking out. It isn't just a bunch of media mumbo jumbo.
Yes it is

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Of course he does, he needs to feel superior to people

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
And yes, the Socratic method is annoying to some.
You do not use the socratic method, don't even try to say you do you fucking piece of shit hack. The entire previous page is actually StevenK whooping your retarded ass with the socratic method . You seemed to find it annoying

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Sure, and then you want us to say that your stupid reason is the one, right?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You can say whatever you want to since it is evident you do so anyways without any introspection.

But we are getting way off of the point. Which is someone would have to be stupid not to vaccinate thier kids.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Not getting back to 'the point', just you backpedaling