Dakar 2022

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Does anyone watch this? My formula 1 and Indy Car viewing have kind of dropped off the past couple of years, but I do watch most of this. I think most Americans are completely unaware of this race.

It was nice to see some Americans finally get some results and a win a few years ago. They added so many classes the past few years. I miss Robby Gordon as he was so obnoxious and had his feuds with other drivers.

Carlos Sainz won a stage with an all electric Audi rally car which is amazing for a race like this, I’d like to see how these cars hold up and compete in the overall race.

It takes so much endurance to participate in something like this.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I love F1, but it's been years since I had any way to watch races.
There are so many races now too they’re even adding a second US race in Miami this year.

What got me into F-1 is I drove with my Father to Monaco from Avignon (and went to the Cannes film festival as well) and did a lap on that course about a week or two before the actual race that they were setting up no less. The day I got back from London (that was the end of the trip) the actual race was on.

I’ve never been to a live race (I’d like to do the Canadian GP), but I’ve been to Silverstone in the UK and Watkins Glen where they used to have races but still have a lot of the history and a winery like every half mile. The closest big race track to me is Dover, DE, but I can’t get into NASCAR, but I’ve been by that track and it is huge.

Anyway Dakar is non nonsense for two weeks I believe there’s been one death this year usually at least one motorcyclist dies (I believe a car driver died this year) the filming crew has died filming too. The Dakar Rally is also one of the race selections of Thrash Rally.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Dakar... not a cross african rally raid to Dakar... zzzzz.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Surprised you just don't play Victory Run. Basically the same thing.

Jon
Hey hey Mr. Tater how do you know I don’t Jonner?

I’d rather play Sega Rally on the 360 you know that.