Yagamikun's Game Room and AES Collection

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Looks great! Nice to see the ceiling fan gone..

…”back massager” wink wink…
What do you call the “pink item of interest” by the Ms Pac-Man? …a vibratory muscle massager… (cough) dildo/vibrator (cough)…

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Looks great! Nice to see the ceiling fan gone..

…”back massager” wink wink…
What do you call the “pink item of interest” by the Ms Pac-Man? …a vibratory muscle massager… (cough) dildo/vibrator (cough)…
Thanks, dude! lol, that fucking fan was the worst.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Panda show him the STG ways, or...?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ahhh too much yellow on the display case. Let me help you and buy your BBS2 and MN.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Loved every bit of it. Specially the FFS homage.

That game deserves every single praise. You also are a diehard 98 fan. Best kof ever.

Here's an old ffs 1cc run of mine in honor to your kind words:

With Joe Higashi nevertheless.

Kudos to you sir!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Loved every bit of it. Specially the FFS homage.

That game deserves every single praise. You also are a diehard 98 fan. Best kof ever.

Here's an old ffs 1cc run of mine in honor to your kind words:

Thanks, man! Appreciate the watch.

That FFS video is great as well. Haha, watching that was like watching those old 90's VHS fighting game strategy tapes. Andy and BB are the two AI characters that fuck up my day on lvl8, but you gave me some ideas to get around their bullshit. I play Terry and Duck.

Cheers dude!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
…Andy and BB are the two AI characters that fuck up my day on lvl8, but you gave me some ideas to get around their bullshit. I play Terry and Duck.

Cheers dude!
Yo whats up yagamikun, even on max difficulty all of the main regular (non-boss single plain stage matches) fights with the exception of Mai, Terry, and Duck are highly susceptible to Line Sway starter combos and Line Sway blockstrings for added pressure and option selects in FFS. This works especially well against Andy and BB and keep them from ever spoiling a max difficulty 1cc run.

For example, Andy’s AI will automatically anti-air shoryudan you on a regular jump-in input, but he will have zero answers for combos and blockstrings started from a well timed Line Sway low/weak jumping kick: A+B to line-sway, then standing/neutral B (or D) depending on the situation to jump in and start your combo or BnB from across the plain. This works the same as a jump-in from a combo perspective and the AI does not reliably counter it since it is usually stuck in an attack animation if you hit A+B to escape their attack (i.e. Andy stuck in Hishoken animation if you time the A+B dodge when he’s attempting to projectile).

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Yo whats up yagamikun, even on max difficulty all of the main regular (non-boss single plain stage matches) fights with the exception of Mai, Terry, and Duck are highly susceptible to Line Sway starter combos and Line Sway blockstrings for added pressure and option selects in FFS. This works especially well against Andy and BB and keep them from ever spoiling a max difficulty 1cc run.

For example, Andy’s AI will automatically anti-air shoryudan you on a regular jump-in input, but he will have zero answers for combos and blockstrings started from a well timed Line Sway low/weak jumping kick: A+B to line-sway, then standing/neutral B (or D) depending on the situation to jump in and start your combo or BnB from across the plain. This works the same as a jump-in from a combo perspective and the AI does not reliably counter it since it is usually stuck in an attack animation if you hit A+B to escape their attack (i.e. Andy stuck in Hishoken animation if you time the A+B dodge when he’s attempting to projectile).
Ahh, excellent. That makes sense. Thanks for the overview. ^_^

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Holy shit Mike! Don't know how I missed this thread but it's absolutely incredible everything is so damn organized and perfect. This is how one day I want my game room to look. AES collection is beautiful man congrats man.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Holy shit Mike! Don't know how I missed this thread but it's absolutely incredible everything is so damn organized and perfect. This is how one day I want my game room to look. AES collection is beautiful man congrats man.

Haha, thanks! I need to get some updated pics here soon. I've done a bunch more upgrades to the room since January and the AES collection is a bit more evened out with a few sought after titles I've been able to get over the last 9 months. :)

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Okay - There. My adult I-swear-I'm-not-going-thru-a-mid-life-crisis AES Collection.

1678919188754.png

64 Games Total | 54 CIB | 5 Loose w/Repro Case | 4 Real MVS Conversions | 1 EPROM Conversion
Loose:
Andro, Ninja Commando, Cyber Lip, Magician Lord (has manual), Windjammers
Conversions: Bomberman, Shock Troopers, Breaker's Revenge, Metal Slug 1
Eprom: Twinkle Star
Special Mention: SSVS Unfixed, Slug 3 First Print, most CIB and all big-tymer games are in excellent - mint condition.
Fun Fact: This is my THIRD (and fucking final) AES collection.

It's pretty much complete at this point for what I can afford/justify spending money on - maybe a couple more. (still looking for that bargain deal on ROTD...) heh 😉 This is all built over the last five years - and I've paid no where near current market value for the majority of these games. I've stumbled on some fantastic deals and made a few friends along the way. The rest of the gaps are filled in between my MVS and Neo CD collections.

I have LEDs in the basement on a warm, low-light setting 99% of the time. Brighter setting for this pic. Getting doors for the bookcases soon.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Looks very sharp and clean. I like how you can see the front of each game too. Looks like a final form setup to me.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice collection! I used to have about the same amount of homecarts. Similar game line up too but it was a mix of English and Japanese. You made the right choice sticking with JP.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nice collection! I used to have about the same amount of homecarts. Similar game line up too but it was a mix of English and Japanese. You made the right choice sticking with JP.
Mate

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Very nice. But... I do think you should sell it all off and go for a fourth go-around. Really. It's sound advice.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Very nice. But... I do think you should sell it all off and go for a fourth go-around. Really. It's sound advice.
I'm sure it will happen by the time I'm 70. The cycle continues.