Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I got an e-mail earlier today saying it's Processing/Preparing it's almost 6 years to the day since I ordered it! It's a good thing NEO-GEO is for life and not just for Christmas.
Me too! AES Xeno Crisis and AES KB both in 2021. Nice.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I got an e-mail earlier today saying it's Processing/Preparing it's almost 6 years to the day since I ordered it! It's a good thing NEO-GEO is for life and not just for Christmas.

Wonder how many people will just sell their cart after waiting so long, i mean cant really hold it against them at this point. 6 years is a long time to stay interested

pva

Mega Shock!!
Just received my AES copy from the 2nd batch in yesterday's post, and I must've fallen on my head as a baby, but based on a few initial plays I'm enjoying KB a whole lot more than any of the original Slugs. Incidentally, I also liked Demon Front on the PGM, so it must be the twists on the tried and true MS formula that appeal to me.

I'm also glad that I have something new to play on ye olde Neo Geo while my copy of Xeno Crisis eventually goes back for a reflash.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Isn't that the 1st print regular edition? I got the 1st print regular edition that I ordered Oct'15 and it looks like this.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I hope they do another print run. I wasn't rich enough back in the day

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Received KB 2nd print AES game today! I should have time tonight to try it out.

View attachment 53435

I received mine today as well, wow, it has been 6 years. Check this auction, it's insane, some others are offering BIN upward of 2K

In addition, anyone noticed the new snap lock case is different than NG DEV’s prior ones? Looks like the same as Xeno Crisis. No SNK logo, very tight slack yet flat and firm so it doesn't bend/warp/crinkle the insert. In the meantime it goes back to the original matt finish so more scratch resistant. Amazing how long it takes for people to figure out the perfect design of case to maximize durability.

Last edited:

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Is there any brother with the Kraut Buster shockbox artwork that could hook me up with the pdf artwork?
These shitheads at NG Dev won't send me the pdf - I would be greatful..

geladobom

War Room Troll
ff.png

Keep cooOOoooOoooool, relax.
Now they can dump emulate the fag.

ChrisBEANS

n00b
Is there any brother with the Kraut Buster shockbox artwork that could hook me up with the pdf artwork?
These shitheads at NG Dev won't send me the pdf - I would be greatful..
Try contacting Southtown Homebrew. I don’t think they’ll send you the file, but they’ll print an insert…

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Bwhaahahahaaaaa... I can't believe people are prepared to pay $$$$$ for this shit and then wait up to six years for it to be delivered.

World's gone fuckin' mad.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
You ever think how many more sales NGDev could get if they released a demo for their games? Freely distribute a ROM of the first level so people can get excited, or at least know where their preorder money is going.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You ever think how many more sales NGDev could get if they released a demo for their games? Freely distribute a ROM of the first level so people can get excited, or at least know where their preorder money is going.
Interesting idea. Not sure how much it would help or hinder NGDev. Watermelon more or less did that with Pier Solar.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I’d like to see the rest of their games go digital on steam/PS4/Switch. I can watch a YouTube video to see what a game is like, but I understand where you are coming from. I’d buy Kraut Buster on one of those consoles and I’d even rebuy Neo XYX if it was available.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
I’d like to see the rest of their games go digital on steam/PS4/Switch. I can watch a YouTube video to see what a game is like, but I understand where you are coming from. I’d buy Kraut Buster on one of those consoles and I’d even rebuy Neo XYX if it was available.
Some of their stuff has gotten modern ports to Switch/PS4. Anything that got ported to Dreamcast is easy enough to burn and try, so idk why they gatekeep so hard with Kraut Buster. They also never meet print demand for their stuff. Probably a difficult process but I doubt they'd be sitting on old stock for too long given the demand. Xenocrisis is still in print despite scalper prices, no?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
People would cancel their orders!

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I wouldn't mind a copy of Kraut Buster and Neo XYX but it doesn't seem like they're making any more. Not sure what kind of business model has customers with money in hand being turned away but they're doing it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wouldn't mind a copy of Kraut Buster and Neo XYX but it doesn't seem like they're making any more. Not sure what kind of business model has customers with money in hand being turned away but they're doing it.
My guess would be it's very difficult for a tiny company producing a niche product like this to balance supply vs demand. The carts definitely aren't cheap to produce, requiring minimum batch runs, and they probably can't afford to get stuck with a lot of unsold stock.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger

They usually reprint their carts after a few years.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Aren't the boards they created universal and just need to be flashed with the game code/graphics/sound? I know they're not mass produced and the boards are expensive but you'd still think they'd have some on hand.