Financial Checkup, Let's Discuss Positions, Holdings, and Thoughts for Near Future

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
FNCMX
FXAIX

...I'm assuming that's not what the cool kids are doing.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
NKLA wow I forgot about that one
microsoft has been a workhorse for my portfolio

Yeah I though I bought in at the bottom of that shit show, I clearly hadn’t.

Microsoft is a good share, I wrote about their share performance from 1985 to 2016 as part of a Masters module. Truely impressive stuff. (Even the recovery after the dot com crash).

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Yeah I though I bought in at the bottom of that shit show, I clearly hadn’t.

Microsoft is a good share, I wrote about their share performance from 1985 to 2016 as part of a Masters module. Truely impressive stuff. (Even the recovery after the dot com crash).
Ever since they got rid of Ballmer they been rolling.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
If anyone willing to hold carnival for a couple year it will be back to the 40s . Or once the covid restrictions ends. invest for long terms. Trade on short term .Keep some cash for deals and other opportunities like a flash crash or corrections as we could see some in the coming year .

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I went ham on MSFT today at 310
this may or not be the bottom idk but either way we are close :unsure:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
lately I've been considering adding stuff that pays dividends just have to find the right ones (not mutual funds but equities).
If I want to relocate to another country it helps to show this kind of asset.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nice dip on MSFT for sure. Historically it's one of my most robust performers.
Funny enough, a lot of my small time biotech stocks are flat or negative. sub $10 stuff.

Doing my annual backdoor roth now as it looks like Biden administration is trying to plug this loophole.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Nice dip on MSFT for sure. Historically it's one of my most robust performers.
Funny enough, a lot of my small time biotech stocks are flat or negative. sub $10 stuff.

Doing my annual backdoor roth now as it looks like Biden administration is trying to plug this loophole.
problem with small biotech its like a $1 scratch ticket . not many have the capitals for R&D unless they pair up one of the big guys to bank roll em , some will paid off other stay in hermit mode for years or decline slowly .

couple of thing i learn its to stay away from penny stocks and stay with the bread and butter didvidend paying stock/index/etf almost 50% , 10% in crypto , 30% physical metals( this is a personal choice and hobby ) and little cash sitting in there . when the market take a correction nothing is exempt , best thing to do is nothing and wait for the recovery unless you have extra $ to average down and pick up more , most will recovery and then some on the long run .

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
problem with small biotech its like a $1 scratch ticket . not many have the capitals for R&D unless they pair up one of the big guys to bank roll em , some will paid off other stay in hermit mode for years or decline slowly .

couple of thing i learn its to stay away from penny stocks and stay with the bread and butter didvidend paying stock/index/etf almost 50% , 10% in crypto , 30% physical metals( this is a personal choice and hobby ) and little cash sitting in there . when the market take a correction nothing is exempt , best thing to do is nothing and wait for the recovery unless you have extra $ to average down and pick up more , most will recovery and then some on the long run .

Most of the companies I back have a viable product, but it doesnt mean they'll get market traction. Lots of competition even in the novel molecule space. E.g. Adaptimmune (ADAP). they have a life saving cell therapy treatment that is on market. Decent adoption, saving lives, but research is expensive as you point out. performance is very flat as is market growth. Im more hoping they get gobbled up.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Get ready to adjust your 401k. .. looks like we are close to the 12 year reset .

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
My safe is safe. Folks who think my safe is not safe are not safe.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
you guys could all just send me your money and I'll take good care of it for you

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
401K News

The current administration has issued a final rule that 401k fund managers do NOT need to operate with your financial interests in mind. Account managers and even fiduciaries can consider investing your 401k money to Environment or Social programs at the expense of financial growth. This is all part of ESG initiatives and ratings.

I have most of my 401k to unmanaged funds, but some of it is still in various CAP funds. I'm moving it all out of managed funds at this point. Do I think most funds will squander money into failing solar startups? No. But what they have now is a scapegoat to lose money as your "financial advisor" and not a Fiduciary. They can invest your money without your growth in mind is all that matters.

This will read as a win for Environmental groups which struggled because of the shitty ROI. Which is the whole f'n point of your 401k. I'm trying to retire, even if the globe is a barren wasteland. I'll need my funds for the guzzolene