MiSTer FPGA stuff...one thread to rule them all from now on!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

shadow masks. Probably the coolest thing to come to MiSTer in 2021 that wasnt a core
Yeah they look great just like my 27” Trinitron, it’s a shame more emulation type devices don’t have this over scan lines.

Do you think these FPGA cores could lead to more FPGA systems? I’m jonesing for the analogue one for the PC Engine and hope someone develops at Saturn FPGA system eventually so I don’t have to worry about not having something newer as my hardware ages. I have the AVS that’s the only FPGA system I have currently.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Yeah they look great just like my 27” Trinitron, it’s a shame more emulation type devices don’t have this over scan lines.

Do you think these FPGA cores could lead to more FPGA systems? I’m jonesing for the analogue one for the PC Engine and hope someone develops at Saturn FPGA system eventually so I don’t have to worry about not having something newer as my hardware ages. I have the AVS that’s the only FPGA system I have currently.
Kevtris has said he really feels like 16 bit may be the limit for fpga systems, so my guess would be that 32 bit would be a longshot but could possibly still happen years down the road.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I'd hazard a guess that a large proportion of DE10 Nano's sold over the last few years were as a result of gaming. Terasic with any kind of sense will make a more powerful FPGA board

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Who will win...one small FPGA or the juggernaut that is MAME

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
It's amazing how Arcade games seems to run smooth on this little hardware.

Which new core will be released next time ? :love:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It's amazing how Arcade games seems to run smooth on this little hardware.

Which new core will be released next time ? :love:
Jotego is working on CPS 3 and IGS PGM so that will be fun when it happens

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What mame build did you use for the mister/mame comparison vid? Did you use an lcd?

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Ridge Racer run smooth and fast

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I love my cdx I use that the most, I have a Genny 1 and Genny 2, as well, which one outputs the best rgb?