Post Your Recent Purchases!

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Arrived last Friday. Bought it directly from Sony through their exclusive invitation program. I'd been invited three times before but they always sold out before I had my chance. Even this time all that was left were the disc versions which I'm completely fine with.

I highly recommend Returnal.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I recently traded a Turbo Express, Dreamcast and Saturn (w/ power cable and one joystick) for a JVC X'Eye (w/ 3rd party power, video cable and Genesis 6 button controller).

jvc-xeye.jpg

I was told the CD drive has a custom BIOS making it region free. But I have no Mega CD's to test with.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I sold the 2 X'EYES I owned but they're cool as hell.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Mayflash F500 w/ custom faceplate and SANWA parts
I have a few Mayflash F500s I recently updated the firmware on these, I’d recommend doing it if yours is older it added Brook support for the DC adapter some of my sticks didn’t recognize and there is a zero delay update as well. Very easy to do.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Looks like the original Power Instinct.
Yes sir. Great series with lots of interesting characters for sure. I haven’t seen the megadrive version for sale often at least for a reasonable price so I bought it from a South Korean seller.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The newest PI game is pretty awesome, I had a chance to play it at a friends house a few weeks ago. I'd love if a nice port got released.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The newest PI game is pretty awesome, I had a chance to play it at a friends house a few weeks ago. I'd love if a nice port got released.
Me too I was over the bridge in New Jersey with Johnny Maxiumum from Ohio going to a game store and we decided to hit up the round 1 over there that happened to have the newest Power Instinct (and Salamander 2 as well). I played it till the final boss and gave up when it beat me, but I really enjoyed it. The PlayStation port of 2 has a lot cut down and the loading time sucks but I like that as well and play that on my PS3 once in a while.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You can run the Type X version with a loader easily enough.
My friend has it on a Type X setup running on a Viewlix. I assume I can just run all the same stuff on a regular PC right? Since that's essentially what the Type X is.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My friend has it on a Type X setup running on a Viewlix. I assume I can just run all the same stuff on a regular PC right? Since that's essentially what the Type X is.
Yeah totally, check this out.

Type X3 Multi.

This hard drive image is designed for a Type X3 as a complete OS but it has all the X1,2,3 and much more and will run on any PC. Controls are keyboard (can be configured for a usb joystick) and Taito IO. I have this running on my vewlix in a custom type x3 build, can literally forget about buying hardware with this thing.