New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
We don't have the tool to convert the rom to darksoft- only darksoft can do it. It seems they insist on making their product difficult to use .
I don't get that either. Probably so people won't figure out how it works and copy the cart

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Darksoft is being pretty responsive about it, so I would just wait until you have a final version of the game, and someone can remind him to include it. Unfortunately, this makes using the cart for testing probably not possible.

I've been hard on the NeoSD in recent times, but I think I was wrong; it was unwarranted. The tools we have to convert roms to .neo seem to work correctly. At least with the NeoSD you can more or less run any game you want, as long as it's not Last Hope.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Ozzy has updated the project's page with BETA 2 (new & improved) for Neo Geo (neoSD & emulation) and PC.

Many thanks to those who tried the first version and gave us feedback & encouragement :)
The game isn't up on Fightcade yet, unfortunately, but we hope more people will download & play the game with this update. :vik:

Cheers

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Ozzy has updated the project's page with BETA 2 (new & improved) for Neo Geo (neoSD & emulation) and PC.

Many thanks to those who tried the first version and gave us feedback & encouragement :)
The game isn't up on Fightcade yet, unfortunately, but we hope more people will download & play the game with this update. :vik:

Cheers
BD60500A-1330-4E30-80FF-59091D815B20.jpeg
Locked and loaded!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Limited Run PC and 3DO! Release

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Would prefer a limited Neo Geo version
Yeah, me too... not gonna happen anytime soon, sadly. They're so lazy they've just repackaged the same old version, which was - let's be honest - pretty bad to begin with. When I watched Eye of Typhoon longplays on YouTube I tought the videos were droppin' frames, but then I realized it was the game... choppy as hell. I think Ozzy and Johnny are shootin' for a rock-solid 60 fps with their Tsunami Edition, and that's quite an improvement ;)

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Yeah, me too... not gonna happen anytime soon, sadly. They're so lazy they've just repackaged the same old version, which was - let's be honest - pretty bad to begin with. When I watched Eye of Typhoon longplays on YouTube I tought the videos were droppin' frames, but then I realized it was the game... choppy as hell. I think Ozzy and Johnny are shootin' for a rock-solid 60 fps with their Tsunami Edition, and that's quite an improvement ;)

Definitely.
PhE4r the mighty M68000!!! :buttrock:

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
The PC version runs on modern PC's?

If you mean the original DOS version you can find on the interwebz, you can play it on a modern PC by using dosbox. I recommend you also use a software like joytokey to map the default keyboard inputs to your controller, it's easier and more quickly done than using the game's option menu.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
The fact that they have rereleased these and not done anything with the Neo Geo version could mean that it is lost from their perspective or that it is in a highly incomplete state.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
The fact that they have rereleased these and not done anything with the Neo Geo version could mean that it is lost from their perspective or that it is in a highly incomplete state.
I'm not even sure about the state of Viccom at this point... do they still have offices with software/physical media archives (like original art), or are they just a name someone bought for peanuts so he could legally use their intellectual properties? I'd bet on the latter...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you mean the original DOS version you can find on the interwebz, you can play it on a modern PC by using dosbox. I recommend you also use a software like joytokey to map the default keyboard inputs to your controller, it's easier and more quickly done than using the game's option menu.
So the new one is not just the same disc repackaged? Like they updated the DOS version to run more easily on modern Windows?

The fact that they have rereleased these and not done anything with the Neo Geo version could mean that it is lost [...]
Yeah, that's my assumption. If they could magically conjure the unreleased Neo Geo version, they would have done it by now.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Oh, I didn't imply the new game they sell wasn't just the original DOS version repackaged - I have no idea about that.
I just checked their website and it says "PC DOS install and dosbox" on the disc. It should be fine.

AirZonk

n00b
I'm not even sure about the state of Viccom at this point... do they still have offices with software/physical media archives (like original art), or are they just a name someone bought for peanuts so he could legally use their intellectual properties? I'd bet on the latter...
There's an article posted on IGN Korea in which the president of Viccom is interviewed. A member of the Terraonion Discord server posted a partial translation and said that they are considering a Neo Geo release.