Anybody on Reddit?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It's basically the spiritual successor to Usenet, Msg Boards, BB. I also like Reddit because it keeps pictures and video to a minimum. I only go back to Usenet Circa. 1995-1996. I didn't use BBSs on Commodore 64, didn't have a modem. I only did school papers in HS on MS-DOS and played Tetris. I skipped MySpace because it was for Emo kids in the computer labs when I went back to college in the early 2000s for a Medical Device cert. I didn't care and didn't have time for it.
I like reddit and use it because it focuses mainly on sharing ideas rather than picture/video spamming like Facebook does. It can be annoymous if you want it to be.
Facebook is too crazy and outdated. Their Groups and marketplace are very good, but too much info flying around and negativity. Groups can be the first for news though. Reddit is pretty fresh.

I'm on subreddits
-Home Arcade
-Arcade1up
-Grocerystores
-iiRcade
-LegendsUltimate
-NeoGeo
-SNK
-Nintendo over 30
-Nintendo over 40
-Gamers over 30
-Gamers over 40

Any subreddits I'm missing? And good recommendations? Any criticisms on Reddit? The only thing I don't like about Reddit is that it's easier to do video or photos on my phone, or tablet. I honestly haven't used my computer in 2 straight years, but it's getting heavy use now. I'm still learning how to manage photos with iCloud, and it's turning out to be not what I expected.
Any body else have an active subreddit?
My handle on subreddit is what I started on here 20 years ago - Digi_Punk

Please keep the joking, flaming, and competition to a minimum. I want us to organize and expand our network. Keep it positive and constructive.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I've been on reddit for 15 years. It's ... ok these days. The real problem is small subs are too small, and big subs are too big, there's never really an in between sweet spot. When the whole of reddit was smaller, everything was much better.

I find a *lot* of gaming subreddits are junk because 99% of the posts are just pictures of things people bought. At least here that gets sectioned off into on or two threads.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The quality of information you get can vary wildly from subreddit to subreddit. You can go to almost any car subreddit, and 99% of the people wouldn't be able to change a tire.

I'm mostly just there for meme's and laughs at this point. The rest is a circlejerk.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
99% of the posts are just pictures of things people bought
I fucking hate people who just post something their wife shodfdily made that kind of fits in with the sub theme. Nobody gives a shit if your wife made a croched hat with a Final Fantasy character on it. Also, fuck cats. It's a genuinely shit website and most people provide pedestrian comments.
Still, it's about 100 times better than here...

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I fucking hate people who just post something their wife shodfdily made that kind of fits in with the sub theme. Nobody gives a shit if your wife made a croched hat with a Final Fantasy character on it.

Yeah, but the feedback loop keeps it going. People upvote that stuff. That's a big reason reddit was better when it was smaller.

I do love r/nintendostitch though, that subreddit has some amazing stuff, like this smb3 quilt

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I use it sparingly and mainly for smaller subs, for things like synthesizers

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Reddit is now social media like any other platform.

The quality of subs vary greatly.

Anything with hundreds of thousands of members is bound to be trash.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm assuming this is hyperbole, because I can't think of a single place on reddit that could tell me how to wire a joystick or rebuild my AES power supply.
and at the same time call you a faggot.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
lol if Reddit is a successor to usenet and BBSes then cranky old people were 100% right about the zoomer generation.

Yeah great successor that signal boosts dumb memes, purposefully drops anything that's more than 2 days old and lets people downvote comments into oblivion. Let me know how that will work out when you eventually post a controversial (yikes!!!!) but actually valid and correct opinion and get shitpiled and eventually forgotten like Stalin, his comrade, a picture and an airbrush. lol

People here call the ignore feature ghey, in reddit they ARE the ignore feature

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Please keep the joking, flaming, and competition to a minimum. I want us to organize and expand our network. Keep it positive and constructive.
If thats the case, Reddit is far worse than NG. People go to Reddit and other forums and complain that NG is "Toxxic" but then they are 100x worse than we are.

NG is your home, homie. You even have your own dedicated section.