Post Your Recent Purchases!

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
I'm a Shogun Rank member with From Japan (which means I spend A LOT of money through them). ^_^ From Japan is super responsive with customer service, have reasonable finders fees that keep prices very low, and once all your items come in and you set up your shipment, FedEx is the cheapest option and I've never had to wait more than two business days from Japan to Ohio. It's crazy fast. The shipment above was $32 (I get a slight discount for my rank).

Suruga-ya gets a bad rap, but I've spent thousands of dollars on all sorts of games including many high-priced AES games. They give you a general description of what you're getting, though, and if there is any significant damage they typically reach out to From Japan and then FJ will reach out to me to ask about any discounts. I've had Suru offer up to a 20% discount before because of some damage that wasn't noticed until packaging. They are very careful. Every CD I've ordered from them has come in great shape as well. Once you place your order, it can take up to 8 days or so for Suru to get your games to From Japan or any other proxy - but there are also multiple options at Suru to choose from as they have many locations. Some locations will turn around your order in a day or two and prices do vary. It's a hell of a market place, but you have to use their Japanese site rather than their International site for the best deals and selection. https://www.suruga-ya.jp/

Overall, I've spent literally over $10k over the last few years ordering direct like this and have not regretted one purchase. Cheapest way to get retro games (if you don't mind imports) in the modern era by FAR. ^_^ Hope that helps.

ONLY $32 for shipping? Maybe it's just Canada that's fucked, i had three paper posters totaling $40 CAD that cost me an additional $120 to ship from Fromjapan after fees, and I have an order right now that's sitting at $230 CAD and it's still missing the biggest/heaviest part... I have no complaints with their service/communication but I've never felt like I got a deal after all is said and done unfortunately, the costs balloon like crazy

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
ONLY $32 for shipping? Maybe it's just Canada that's fucked, i had three paper posters totaling $40 CAD that cost me an additional $120 to ship from Fromjapan after fees, and I have an order right now that's sitting at $230 CAD and it's still missing the biggest/heaviest part... I have no complaints with their service/communication but I've never felt like I got a deal after all is said and done unfortunately, the costs balloon like crazy
I have some buddies on Instagram from the UK that said after they looked into it, the customs fees they have to pay are too high to bother with services like this. Every country handles this stuff differently. For the US, the only time I had to pay a customs fee is on an order that cost me over $2500 and it ended up being quite expensive in the end.

For this order, the shipping was $32 via FedEx, fees for the games ($30) and domestic shipping to get from the retailer to the proxy ($15). So, $78 total for shipping and fees.

At 12 mostly rare games, at those prices (that Vampire Killer cart was $140 - the cheapest loose on Ebay is $300), a $30 finders fee on top of an expected shipping rate is a ridiculous savings. It's gonna be different per country, though, for sure. :(

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Been away for a while but in the meantime I managed to grab these.

Why I bought Success Joe (in spanish Jose el mañanitas)? I have no idea as of yet.
Wow I had a friend in school that had that Donkey Kong II game and watch I was very jealous at the time!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I have some buddies on Instagram from the UK that said after they looked into it, the customs fees they have to pay are too high to bother with services like this. Every country handles this stuff differently. For the US, the only time I had to pay a customs fee is on an order that cost me over $2500 and it ended up being quite expensive in the end.

For this order, the shipping was $32 via FedEx, fees for the games ($30) and domestic shipping to get from the retailer to the proxy ($15). So, $78 total for shipping and fees.

At 12 mostly rare games, at those prices (that Vampire Killer cart was $140 - the cheapest loose on Ebay is $300), a $30 finders fee on top of an expected shipping rate is a ridiculous savings. It's gonna be different per country, though, for sure. :(

I use FromJapan regularly myself and I've had nothing but good service from them.

Nowadays, however, if you use them to ship to the UK you cannot set your own per item shipping value to avoid customs charges. So once the package is over about £20.00 in declared value you have to add 20% VAT plus handling charges to your shipping bill.

Ironically now I've moved to Canada I can set the per item shipping value to whatever I want and thus avoid Canadian customs charges. Whatever premium I'm paying to ship to Western Canada is definitely better than the customs bill I'm not paying.

The only criticism I have of FromJapan is that they currently don't do Mercari... I use Buyee for that, but they won't let you mess with the customs declaration :(

Hodjie

sad little low life peasant fuck
Just arrived today 😁

Attachments

• 15516ECB-0EDD-4C56-B424-06EAE83077D8.jpeg
    15516ECB-0EDD-4C56-B424-06EAE83077D8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 152A3DAB-2C8D-4488-AF79-2E3621B3E226.jpeg
    152A3DAB-2C8D-4488-AF79-2E3621B3E226.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 04048C05-A11B-42A2-BE97-3AA06E2EF978.jpeg
    04048C05-A11B-42A2-BE97-3AA06E2EF978.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
View attachment 55500
Just got in Horror Story from MCF76, great guy to deal with and amazing condition!

Oh and got this at Five Below while I was waiting for my cars oil to get changed
Big thumbs up for Urusei Yatsura... have you got the second movie, Beautiful Dreamer? That's the best of them all, by far, and one of the best animated movies ever in my opinion (Mamoru Oshii at his peak: mature and profound, but not too verbose and depressing) ;)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Big thumbs up for Urusei Yatsura... have you got the second movie, Beautiful Dreamer? That's the best of them all, by far, and one of the best animated movies ever in my opinion (Mamoru Oshii at his peak: mature and profound, but not too verbose and depressing) ;)
yes I have and I agree two is the best (I do like the fifth movie The Final Act too,which isn’t the last movie.) Two came out a few years ago but they just released one on bluray last month and three this month at least here in the US. I know the dvd rights for 2 were owned by one company and the rights for the other movies were owned by someone else, so maybe that had something to do with it but they’re all published by the same company Discotek now. I actually have the dvd set minus two I sent away for the cover to it. I’ll probably put the Blu-ray in instead if they fit.

On a related Rumic World note I started Inuyasha in August and just finished the OG series a couple days ago, I had never watched that before. Really enjoyed the characters, now I’m watching the Final Act.

3A2652EE-3634-4B55-9A24-7C1AFBB97083.jpeg

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
These are some recent pick-ups. Anyone have an Addams Family manual for sale?

dariusmetaladdamszeldagaia.jpg

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
AES

More like ASS!

This is how you do it.

New Sealed in the crappy condition shrinkwrap...

Straight from 1985.

Betamax!

Bask in the glory that is Mary Lou Retton.

20220201_174151.jpg

Hell yeah!

Link for anyone who actually wants to watch it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
AES

More like ASS!

This is how you do it.

New Sealed in the crappy condition shrinkwrap...

Straight from 1985.

Betamax!

Bask in the glory that is Mary Lou Retton.

View attachment 55591

Hell yeah!

Link for anyone who actually wants to watch it.

Just another curveball for those handling the deceased estate.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Been looking for this one for a while to add to my collection of obscure Tetris style LCD consoles.

Solid build quality and fun to play, only thing missing would be a backlight.

Some of the other included games besides Tetris are: Columns, Flipull, Snake, Space Invaders, Frogger, Sokoban, bunch of other block based games and ofc variations on Tetris. (all the other games have some variations too besides speed and different levels, indicated by the number below the letter that is the game type)

271951968_663560604998535_6544124486007702351_n.jpg

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Been looking for this one for a while to add to my collection of obscure Tetris style LCD consoles.

Solid build quality and fun to play, only thing missing would be a backlight.

Some of the other included games besides Tetris are: Columns, Flipull, Snake, Space Invaders, Frogger, Sokoban, bunch of other block based games and ofc variations on Tetris. (all the other games have some variations too besides speed and different levels, indicated by the number below the letter that is the game type)

View attachment 55621
My switch is 90% just a Tetris 99 machine