New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
There's an article posted on IGN Korea in which the president of Viccom is interviewed. A member of the Terraonion Discord server posted a partial translation and said that they are considering a Neo Geo release.

I’m unsure at this late stage if this is a good thing or a bad thing?

Are they referring to their own internal unreleased 1996 build of the rom? And if so, how complete is it? Or are they referring to this latest outside effort, which is practically complete?

This team has worked really hard at putting this “Homebrew” effort together and it’s pretty much almost done, so I sure hope it wasn’t all for nothing and it ends up getting overshadowed or overlooked because of unlucky timing.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Looks like every other Korean & Euro effort on the Neo - shit.

But while there's suckas out there to buy this bilge... best of luck to them.

ozzyyzzo

n00b

The game is free to download. Currently in its Beta version.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer

Well, the good thing is you can download it, play it, and see if you actually find it as shit as it looks. By the end of the week, we should have an updated rom available for the same affordable price of free. Which will also be the price of the final release - so I think it would be fairer to call the guys making donations for our efforts "supporters" rather than "suckas".
But whatever - try the game :)

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This team has worked really hard at putting this “Homebrew” effort together and it’s pretty much almost done, so I sure hope it wasn’t all for nothing and it ends up getting overshadowed or overlooked because of unlucky timing.
This is a work of love, and the Neo Geo original getting released would be a dream. There is room for both.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Looking forward to your Garou topping masterpiece
You'll be waiting a loooooong fucking time.

I know when a dead system is dead. And should stay dead. This is why you don't have Japanese indies rushing out to release Neo-Geo games.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
This is a work of love
It sure is. 👍 I've been following Ozzy and Johnny a lot more since my small collaboration as a graphic artist, and I can confirm this is not some kind of half-assed parody homebrew done just for giggles: they're ironing out all kind of gameplay problems and bugs on a daily basis, addressing every single suggestion and complaint of the playtesters. They really want this to be a real competitive fighting game, otherwise they could've said "we're done" a long time ago. 😉 I'm really impressed by the guys' dedication to this project.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
As a gamer, you don't have to like it. But I think getting the whole fighting game engine built and running is very impressive. It's the first fighting game homebrew, and really one of the most impressive Neo Geo homebrews yet in my opinion.

Last edited:

AirZonk

n00b
Are they referring to their own internal unreleased 1996 build of the rom? And if so, how complete is it? Or are they referring to this latest outside effort, which is practically complete?

I asked the same question to the person who translated the article in the TO Discord and he said that Viccom would finish their own Neo Geo build if sales of the 3DO/PC version met expectations. So, it's quite possible there would be two versions of this game.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
How likely is it that they have their original build? I find it hard to believe they have it.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Tsunami Edition is its own thing. You don't have to see it as two versions. If the original is out there, it must be released to the public.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Beta III (with a Vengeance) is finally out!

As usual, it's available as a free (or more if you like) download for PC (.exe or ROM for Mame) or NeoSD ROM from this page:

The main changes since the last revision include:
- lots of bugs and glitches fixed
- support for the various bios, dipswitches & options
- single player finetuning
- you'll also have a glimpse at the lovely artwork Catoblepa has been doing on the project's page

This is probably the last public beta before the final version. Before that, we still need (among other things) to finetune the character balance, which will be possible when the game is up on Fightcade (TBA).

We'd like to thank Emixam, Juan Man, Neocvera and more particularly RB and Zouzzz for their precious help over these last few weeks!

As always, we'll be happy to hear your feedback - enjoy!

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Oh and by the way, as the beans have been spilled during the playtest, we confirm the presence of Kim Hoon (of Fight Fever fame) as a secret crossover character and a nod to Fatal Fury Special. The brand new select screen and defeat portaits were made by the mighty Catoblepa :)

KimHoonArt.png

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
He looks really cool, well done on the amazing artwork for this project. If he looks like Ryo that's because I it was common practice for the Korean teams to simply trace artwork from Jap developers and throw in a head swap for good measure.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
He looks really cool, well done on the amazing artwork for this project.
Thanks Kid 🤝And thanks Johnny for the update!

It's been fun takin' this Fight Fever character and trying to make him look like he always belonged in the Eye of Typhoon roster, I hope I've managed to do that. I've added a couple of "making of" pics in my art thread , please check it out if you're interested ;)

neoVLAD

n00b
Oh and by the way, as the beans have been spilled during the playtest, we confirm the presence of Kim Hoon (of Fight Fever fame) as a secret crossover character and a nod to Fatal Fury Special. The brand new select screen and defeat portaits were made by the mighty Catoblepa :)

View attachment 56253
Beta III (with a Vengeance) is finally out!

As usual, it's available as a free (or more if you like) download for PC (.exe or ROM for Mame) or NeoSD ROM from this page:

The main changes since the last revision include:
- lots of bugs and glitches fixed
- support for the various bios, dipswitches & options
- single player finetuning
- you'll also have a glimpse at the lovely artwork Catoblepa has been doing on the project's page

This is probably the last public beta before the final version. Before that, we still need (among other things) to finetune the character balance, which will be possible when the game is up on Fightcade (TBA).

We'd like to thank Emixam, Juan Man, Neocvera and more particularly RB and Zouzzz for their precious help over these last few weeks!

As always, we'll be happy to hear your feedback - enjoy!

geladobom

War Room Troll
2 suggestions.
LG Logo in the intro, but only the music, and make a new one with different name, put LG Digital Yours. :giggle:
When appears the charather in your right you should add as well other texture.
The Mask and put him saying "Smokin!" :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• The Eye of Typhoon [Tsunami _ Saiki] Beta#3 2-11 screenshot.png
    The Eye of Typhoon [Tsunami _ Saiki] Beta#3 2-11 screenshot.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 2

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You'll be waiting a loooooong fucking time.

I know when a dead system is dead. And should stay dead. This is why you don't have Japanese indies rushing out to release Neo-Geo games.
I'm surprised it took 7 pages for someone to embarrass himself like this.