kerns tings

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah but they're never tasteful, always just mounds of embarrassing shit. "Guys check out my life-size Master Chief statue and Gamecube store kiosk!!!!!"

Then you've got the guys that Nintendo theme everything complete with Mario wall decals, every Pokemon themed console and game displayed proudly and Wii full set. Living out your 10 year old dream as a 40 year old except they do it as if they were still 10.

Dudes spend an entire paycheck on literal garbage because NINTENDO!!!! but can't buy some clean shelves.

There are ways to tastefully integrate your hobby into your living space and a fucking neon Xbox sign and DBZ wall scrolls isn't one of them.

Buying proper furniture and some nice framed art is a good first step. Take the $2000 you were going to spend on that terrible 1/4 scale Assassins Creed statue and go to fucking Ikea.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I never understood the appeal of game store kiosks...

I mean I get having an arcade machine as an experience and nostalgia. But what are people trying to recapture with a store kiosk....the experience of going to GaneStop?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I never understood the appeal of game store kiosks...

I mean I get having an arcade machine as an experience and nostalgia. But what are people trying to recapture with a store kiosk....the experience of going to GaneStop?
Reliving all of all the times your parents neglected you in Walmart.

Who doesn't want to awkwardly stand in front of a 14" screen with sever burn in using controllers with 1000s of kids caked in booger finger crud for hours at a time in the convenience of your own home?

Oh the memories...

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
A lot of collectors items are gaudy, but I'm glad these people are saving this stuff from landfills.

I used to have a big old game collection. Games I'd never gotten around to playing, games I'd buy for cheap and flip for profit, games that I didn't enjoy but were valuable, titles I felt should be in every gamer's collection. Modchips, softmods and emulation now allow me to enjoy whatever I want, and I reserve the ritual of popping a game in a console for my most sacred of titles.

Selling off that collection let me focus on the stuff I actually wanted. Trading off a bunch of big-box PC games for one AES title also saves a ton of shelf space, lol.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I could quite happily see a hundred sealed wii-u's go to landfill

Not much retro is worth owning, buying, even playing

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I just do PlayStation games now. My first console, my "last" console (for collecting anyway) . I consider modern./recent gen consoles to be merely means to an end, cannot imaging wanting to collect fucking PS3 or PS4 games. Give me the fucking download or loose disc and Im good.