OSCars 2022

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I guess Amy Schumer's still kinda funny if you give her 4 years to come up with new material.

Srsly tho, solid work on the format, Sykes and Hall were fine and Schumer was genuinely pretty good. Cool to see movies like Moonlight, Parasite, and CODA winning Best Picture now days.

Netflix is never, ever, EVER going to win Best Picture fuz cuc Netflix, the thirst is only going to grow.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Cool to see movies like Moonlight, Parasite, and CODA winning Best Picture now days.

Why do you say that?

I guess Amy Schumer's still kinda funny if you give her 4 years to come up with new material.

Srsly tho, solid work on the format, Sykes and Hall were fine and Schumer was genuinely pretty good.

I didn't watch it save for the last 15 minutes.

I'm not much of a fan of Schumer as she comes of as whiny, narcissistic & relatively one note.
I like Wanda's stand up (that I have seen) but she is not enough to draw me in.
I have no idea who the 3rd bitch is.

If they would have hit the token triple lindy & had the random third women be asian that would have had me in at the start. But in all seriousness, The 3 women hosting shit was such a lame stunt. Ricky has mastered hosting holywood awards shows & not that he has signed off on the Globes (which has been "soft canceled", I can't watch these things further. He should host them all......and I say that only half joking.

The Oscars is dying & I, like many, am happy. I can't believe I watched in in the past. It is the poster child of some of the worst aspects of the film industry & our culture.

I watched some of the best picture nominations over the last few years & they went from "meh" to straight out emotional masochism (like "Minari").

Weird, box checking, eccentric, pious, niche as fuck horse shit that should be shunned by most.

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Because those movies deserved to win over much safer, literal Oscar bait movies.

I might check those out then.

Parasite had me interested.

CODA I juts learned about recently & that seems interesting too.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I might check those out then.

Parasite had me interested.

CODA I juts learned about recently & that seems interesting too.
Parasite is phenomenal. Go in blind, it makes all the narrative twists worth it.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I didn't watch the Oscars but I did see the slap heard around the world. Not sure if it was staged but either way I had a good laugh.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They really needed the rating boost. This might help in the long run.
Just read they are going to mandate that race, disabled,and gay people are represented for a movie to be nominated starting in 2024.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
was it? i saw an under representation of azns. not a single reaction picture of an asian in the pic fami posted.
Plotting is a difficult reaction to capture