WTB - affordable MVS games, bootlegs/conversions OK

Satoshi_Matrix

n00b
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw come on. I own both an AES and a two slot MVS.
The reason I'm looking for MVS games instead of AES is because AES games are probably going to be virtually impossible to find. MVS games at the very least have bootlegs. I've never seen anyone do that with AES.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aw come on. I own both an AES and a two slot MVS.
The reason I'm looking for MVS games instead of AES is because AES games are probably going to be virtually impossible to find. MVS games at the very least have bootlegs. I've never seen anyone do that with AES.
AES conversions are abundant

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Buys notoriously expensive system.

Buys fake games for said system because real games are notoriously expensive.

AliExpress is your friend if you want to spend $ on fake games. If you just want to play them, get a banana cart or NeoSD and be done with it.

Satoshi_Matrix

n00b
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buys notoriously expensive system.

Buys fake games for said system because real games are notoriously expensive.

AliExpress is your friend if you want to spend $ on fake games. If you just want to play them, get a banana cart or NeoSD and be done with it.
I didn't ever have much intention to ever buy an AES but a couple of months ago a local used game store in my area was selling a system-only AES for $200 in untested condition. It was just too tempting. Turns out it had a bunch of problems that needed to be fixed and I made a thread for that.

I borrowed a few games from a friend to get it working and once it was, I of course wanted to get some games to be able to use it.

I bought the AES 161 in 1 which is annoyingly much more expensive than the MVS version and I have a few MVS games from my 2 slot arcade cab so I also got an MVS to AES converter.

Now I'm just looking for some games. I'm not seeking to be a collector. I just want to play stuff. The 161 in 1 is great but it's missing a bunch of games. The Neo SD Pro is unavailable. So yes. I did buy a notoriously expensive system and am seeking fake games to get enjoyment on it as affordably as possible. That is correct. I've already sunk in a good deal of money as I needed to fix the system and add Unibios, buy a controller, a SCART cable, the 161 in 1 and the MVS converter and 3D printed case.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
970   0   0
No big loss..it's a glorified development tool(NEOSD) and if it breaks,you SOL because tech support is practically non existent.
Consider it a blessing you didn't have the opportunity to buy it.
BB

Satoshi_Matrix

n00b
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missing the NeoSD isn't a big deal. The extremely long load times make it pretty unappealing and if I was interested in running roms, I'd just emulate Neo-Geo on one of the many devices that can do so affordably like the HK-1 Box running RetrocArch.

Instead, I'd like to build a small collection of MVS cartridges I can swap in and out of my MVS cabinet with the option of using my AES with the converter.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
There's a few people on Facebook that sell decently priced commons (Mike Ortiz for one) that usually post their wards regularly on groups. Even then, prices are growing (Magician Lord for $300 fuck that).

I'm not sure how the bootleg MVS games from AliExpress will work through a converter, I'm curious if anyone has checked if it works or does any damage since it runs off of 3.3v

Satoshi_Matrix

n00b
10 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a big facebook group for Neo-Geo buying and selling? If so, what's it called? I'll try there too. Thanks.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
There are several, just search Neo Geo and a bunch pop up. Neo Geo cabs and collectors, Neo Geo AES and MVS Collectors, Neo Geo AES/MVS/CD, etc