Kevin Smith selling his next movie as an NFT

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
This is going to go about as well as when RZA auctioned off the last Wu-Tang album.

Limited to 5555 eh? Smith is one of the biggest shills of all time, no way he's gonna not release it on every format in existence about a week after the initial release and flog it for every miserable cent.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
About 6 months ago I heard the term NFT, about 3 months ago I thought I should probably find out what it is, about 5 minutes ago I decided I don't care.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
NFTs are one of the biggest scams of the last 20 years.

It's like going to the grocery store and buying a weeks worth of groceries except all you get is the receipt. Then you show people that receipt and try to convince them that your invisible groceries are only going to go up in value and they should invest in invisible groceries, thereby making the perceived value of your invisible groceries go up.

You own nothing more than a receipt and directions to the invisible grocery store.

They have nothing to do with art, at the end of the day they are speculative gambling on non-existent trash disguised as investment.

If Paris Hilton and Jake Paul are telling you to buy something because they pinky finger swear they believe in it and want you to share in the wealth by selling you something that raises the value of what they already own (and got for free by the way)... it's a fucking scam.

Just google NFT rug scams. There are people out there disappearing with millions of dollars everyday and nobody can do shit about it.

They're also horrible for the environment but that's a whole other can of worms.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
He's been out of touch for a while....
a long while.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
1st Bitcoin,now this sh8t
This sh8t is like trying to convince a starving person they're not hungry....
BB

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Clerks 1 is great. Teenage favorite, still makes me cry at the end credits, just because it feels so much like yesterday that we were 16 just hanging around in broken homes, still watching the physical tape on Autumn nights

Highly dislike every other film I've seen by him, aside from MAYBE Vulgar, and MAYBE Dogma. Both films have some serious issues that make them not good but not nearly as bad as Mallrats or Chasing Amy or any other Jay & Silent Bob spinoffs. I fucking loooove Jay & Bob in the original clerks though.

The Clerks cartoon that was on adult swim was also absolutely horrible, a 15 minute slog per episode, actually felt like a 30 minute program because it was so bad

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Original Clerks is great but very much of its time and I enjoy Jay+Silent Bob Strike Back for what it is (a 90-minute in-joke starring vehicle for Jason Mewes) but it's aged poorly now that every fucking movie is either a comic book movie or a meta movie. I haven't even bothered with his last two or three movies once he started putting his kid in all of them. Like it's nice that you're trying to help your kid out but there's a reason people hate Godfather III...

fake

15 Year Member
Tusk is fantastic.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Tusk makes me ill. It gives me the same sensation as biting into a chicken mcnugget and eating into a hard, sinewy part.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Highly dislike every other film I've seen by him, aside from MAYBE Vulgar,
Ackshuly... He didn't make Vulgar his buddy did.

Clerks is a great time capsule. It still holds up fairly well, especially if you grew up in that era. Dante and Randall were the same age as my sister and her friends and came across very relatable. The mom and pop VHS store days were special to a lot of people. I still enjoy Mallrats and parts of Clerks 2 as well.

Everything else he's made is total shit, some of it aged poorly and wasn't that great to begin with but most of it was shit to begin with. Once he started putting his wife in stuff it was a sharp decline and by the time he started putting his daughter in everything he was so far out of touch I don't even know who those movies were supposed to be for.

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is one the worst things I've ever seen in my life and I once went to a Dave Mathews Band concert. So that's quite an impressive feat.

I can appreciate him trying to be a pop culture/nerd ambassador in the the days before all that stuff became mainstream but that was 20 years ago at this point. I'm almost 40 and hearing a 55 year old man cry while talking about Batman is fucking embarrassing.

It's hard to believe he still has a small army of fat middle aged NJ white trash supporting him like they do.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Ahhh I just assumed he made it. Well, that movie isn't good. In fact it makes me extremely uncomfortable, which is the only reason I praise it

fake

15 Year Member
Tusk makes me ill. It gives me the same sensation as biting into a chicken mcnugget and eating into a hard, sinewy part.
I couldn't stop laughing. TBF, the laughter was probably aided by the only other group of friends in the theater who were very high.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I lost my shit watchiing Pineapple Express with my friends in theaters. Rewatched it later, was not that funny at all

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I lost my shit watchiing Pineapple Express with my friends in theaters. Rewatched it later, was not that funny at all
It's because of Seth Rogen.
99% of anything he is involved with is shit.
Ha ha! WEED RIGHT!?

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
In all fairness NFTs go to the crux of what moves the art market. A work of art is little more than a stock, at least that is it's relevant value in the world we live in. Yes it's tangible and a lot of it is highly meaningful, but the value is largely dictated by monetary worth and around this a whole putrid culture has been erected. NFTs are just the latest sham.
What is art? Something you can buy and sell.

I'll shut up now

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I watched the Jason mewes madness in the method movie. It wasn't absolutely terrible, but it was a struggle to get through it.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
In all fairness NFTs go to the crux of what moves the art market. A work of art is little more than a stock, at least that is it's relevant value in the world we live in. Yes it's tangible and a lot of it is highly meaningful, but the value is largely dictated by monetary worth and around this a whole putrid culture has been erected. NFTs are just the latest sham.
What is art? Something you can buy and sell.

I'll shut up now
1649541608416.png