Anyone have $62,000 for !Arcade! fullset Neo Geo?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
‘The set already includes almost 50 new white neo logo stickers but it also includes a brand new roll of 1000 stickers.

To round it off, the set also includes a new roll of 1000 gold warning stickers.’

This is what you are really buying. Enough stickers to start your own factory of fake shit.

Long lost copies of Crossed Swords 2 on AES anyone? I‘ll start the story…

’Hullo friends I am Hans from Germany, I used to run wincklewillie shop in Dusseldorf which was most respected #1 shop for SNK in the 90s. I have theze Crossed Sworden 2 games witch I kept in mein uber garage for 20 years. There est dast at least 5 copies I can sell to top serious collectarz. BUY NOW BEFORE TOO LATE!’

2 months later…

’Est DAS MIRACLE! I’ve find 5 more copies of Crossed Swords 2 en mein Sauerkraut drawer…’

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
So he was considered the good guy version of NGF? I can see that. There’s nothing wrong with conversions unless you’re lying your ass off about what they are.

Before things went sour I'd say it would have been really unfair to say Ray was the "good guy" version of NGF.

Dion tried to pass conversions off as the real deal, and tried to convince others that real releases either didn't exist or had issues because they didn't have the correct genre strip on the insert... as well as countless other bs.

Ray never tried to pass his games off as the real deal. They were always mvs to aes to ports... although iirc he used his own aes pcbs rather than sac carts. The quality was very good, and I always found him a great guy to deal with.

Not 100% sure on why things went south... I'd kinda lost interest in the scene at the time, and missed all that drama.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Damn, I just can’t imagine anyone ever coughing up that much cash for something like that.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is a complete set of every Neo Geo game ever made, right? For $62K, I'll think about it.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Not 100% sure on why things went south... I'd kinda lost interest in the scene at the time, and missed all that drama.

He might not have sold counterfeits directly, but it appears he was involved in some way. Didn't someone accuse him of assisting someone else?

AOF3?

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
He might not have sold counterfeits directly, but it appears he was involved in some way. Didn't someone accuse him of assisting someone else?

AOF3?

Yeah, I remember, much later, when the fake Aero Fighters 3 US debacle went down... the guy behind it, David Garrett, was allegedly related to Ray, and that "David Garrett" was actually an alias so people wouldn't immediately connect the two.

But before that something happened... way before. I'm not sure, but it may have been that as the Neo scene was winding down (as SNK had finally pulled the plug), and AES-MVS conversions were now popping up left, right, and center, Ray was trying to get out, but burned the buyer in the process. May have been Shawn. I don't know... just speculating.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, I remember, much later, when the fake Aero Fighters 3 US debacle went down... the guy behind it, David Garrett, was allegedly related to Ray, and that "David Garrett" was actually an alias so people wouldn't immediately connect the two.

But before that something happened... way before. I'm not sure, but it may have been that as the Neo scene was winding down (as SNK had finally pulled the plug), and AES-MVS conversions were now popping up left, right, and center, Ray was trying to get out, but burned the buyer in the process. May have been Shawn. I don't know... just speculating.
The thread was stickied for so long...

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The thread was stickied for so long...

Thanks, that was an interesting read, and great seeing some old members posts from back in the day.

Yeah, 2006, I wasn't really around - on hiatus from all things Neo-Geo - so missed this.

As others said in that thread, my experience with Ray was nothing but positive, and I bought quite a few things from him circa 2002 - 2003.

In hindsight though, reading through that, it's interesting how TonK sticks up for Ray... considering the later David Garrett connection and the AF3 debacle.