What would you put in your Neo Goldie cab if you owned an upscale bar or lounge?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Just looking at old ads and it made me think of what the target market was for sales of this cabinet. I always got the impression it was meant for some sort of upscale Bar, Lounge, or Pool Hall. So my question to everyone is this. Given this specific atmosphere and clientele what games would you put in this cabinet that would be tucked away in a corner with wood grain finish to blend into the atmosphere?

My main game that I feel would be a must is Neo Turf Masters with a second being something like Baseball Stars 2 or one of the many puzzle games on the platform like Puzzle Bobble.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
NAM-1975 for some of my clients to go back to their nightmare. But mostly shit like Top Player's Golf and whatnot.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
For any bar setting, and accessibility, NTM is the obvious choice. BUT, I would put KOF 95 as the second game.

I've always described the look, feel, and music of 95 to be "classy." I don't know what it is about the game, but it's always had a certian je ne sais quoi. 🤷‍♂️

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
If you go for a fighter, I'd rather put The Last Blade.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd put in AOF2 so you stupid drunk bastards can feed the machine until it pisses everyone off enough to start a brawl that ends in a mysterious bar fire. Leaving the astute owner a nice payout on his insurance claim.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Neo Turf Masters
Baseball Stars 2
The Superspy
Street Slam

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
If I had to guess what made Ops money in those places:

Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Bobble

This is a good plan. If the clientele is broad enough (or enough broads) then if there is a single copy of Puzzle Bobble in there there will also be a stool permanently placed in front of it where someone sits and plays the game every hour the joint is open…may as well have spare copies of the same thing because nobody will get a chance to play KOF or Slug.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ghostlop
Bang Bang Busters
Ironclad
Crossed Swords 2 (Razoola's conversion)

Just because I want to see which (if any) make any money.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
King of Fighters 2002
SVC Chaos
Samurai Showdown 5
Metal Slug 4

Because the peeps around my area only are interested in these Neo titles.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
V-Liner
Jockey Grand Prix

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I would put a big scrolling message: “You’re a loser, go get drunk and laid instead of playing this in a bar.”

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Puzzle Bobble
Metal Slug
Samurai Shodown 2
Aero Fighters 3
EDIT: and Twinkle Star Sprites

Last edited: