Finally got a god damned PS5

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Why, are you poor?

It’s hard to imagine anyone with a job doing this. Do you guys spend your lunch break washing car windows at stop signs and selling magazine subscriptions?
That's not how to get on your sigma grindset

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I would rather buy a $3k laptop than deal with the bullshit of getting a PS5...which I did. But if they ever end up on store shelves again and get a revision that makes them not look so damn ugly, I'll snag one.

If the PS5 Pro looks better then it’s a day one upgrade for me. Regular model is ugly as sin. Doesn’t matter if I have it upright or sideways.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I also got one last week thru Sony invite. I casually looked the last 18 months but I wasn't in any huge hurry. Just in time for all of the PS Super Plus games, I guess.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm waiting on a revision so that it will be available and smaller than that massive hunk of ugly. Once that PS5 Slim comes out I'm in

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm waiting on a revision so that it will be available and smaller than that massive hunk of ugly. Once that PS5 Slim comes out I'm in
I think we'll see one sooner rather than later with the way manufacturing is being squeezed.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I think we'll see one sooner rather than later with the way manufacturing is being squeezed
Sony is having issues all around. Their entire cinema camera line is back ordered to hell and the camera bodies are being scalped for 1-2K over MSRP. Tried to order one for work studio...isn’t happening

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
After missing the initial preorders, I managed to get three PS5's at retail (not for me, not for scalping) so I have a hard time finding sympathy for people still moaning they can't get one at this point. Yes, there was some luck involved. I think most people following the stock alerts should have been able to find one by now, like Fygee. I suspect that a lot of people complaining at this point either don't really have $500 to spend or don't want one enough to put in the effort. Nearly 20 million have been sold at this point, so the idea that no one owns one is nonsense.

And StevenK is obviously poor, deserving of our sympathy, if he wasn't an asshole scalper ruining the fun for everyone.

Damsco

n00b
Fuck the guys who think a gameconsole is some sort of necessity. If there are assholes that pay through the nose to get one and i can get them, you bet i'm selling.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
After missing the initial preorders, I managed to get three PS5's at retail (not for me, not for scalping) so I have a hard time finding sympathy for people still moaning they can't get one at this point. Yes, there was some luck involved. I think most people following the stock alerts should have been able to find one by now, like Fygee. I suspect that a lot of people complaining at this point either don't really have $500 to spend or don't want one enough to put in the effort. Nearly 20 million have been sold at this point, so the idea that no one owns one is nonsense.
It's a video game system not a limited production sports car. It shouldn't involve any effort to get one aside from walking into a store or going on Amazon.

You shouldn't have to monitor stock alerts, wait in line or be forced into buying some shitty bundle.

You don't have to do that kind of shit with any other consumer electronics.

The fact of the matter is that most normal people aren't willing to jump through hoops to buy an expensive toy.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I picked up mine at Christmas. Walked into Best Buy on Boxing day and they had a small pile of them at the entrance... you literally couldn't miss them... Having struggled to find one online, and having never seen one available in store previously, I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's a video game system not a limited production sports car. It shouldn't involve any effort to get one aside from walking into a store or going on Amazon.

You shouldn't have to monitor stock alerts, wait in line or be forced into buying some shitty bundle.

You don't have to do that kind of shit with any other consumer electronics.

The fact of the matter is that most normal people aren't willing to jump through hoops to buy an expensive toy.
I agree in principal, but it's not the world we live in anymore. Now that everyone can buy what they want in one click, usually there's no effort required, and game systems routinely stay out of stock for their first couple years. Remember how ridiculous the Wii was? And now we've got supply chain issues on top of that. Then you have assholes scalping on ebay and Amazon not helping matters either.

By the way, I've had no problem pre-ordering the last three Xboxes ahead of their release because they announced when pre-orders would open. My wife and I were at our computers on multiple sites when they opened, and we just refreshed and had no problem at all securing a pre-order. It was a lot of fun actually, and I look forward to it every console generation. PS5 would have been the same deal if they hadn't botched it by announcing just hours before pre-orders opened. (I ended up getting one of the Game Stop bundles a week later.) I much prefer this system to lining up overnight outside the store.

That's the world we're living in now. Gone are the days of strolling into Target at opening time on launch day like my brother did for the N64. Now it requires a small amount of adult money and effort up front to get that toy.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My wife and I were at our computers on multiple sites when they opened, and we just refreshed and had no problem at all securing a pre-order. It was a lot of fun actually, and I look forward to it every console generation.
Yeah, sounds like a real blast...

We're not talking about the launch, we're talking about now. It's been a year and a half. The stores are full of PS5 games and accessories, it's almost a joke at this point.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Have to agree with Terry here. When I'm looking to drop a not insubstantial amount of money on a toy I don't like the way I'm being cornered into thinking I should somehow feel grateful that they would even allow me to have one.

If they can't make enough then keep them offline, store only, 1 per customer.