New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Looking good @NeoCverA , thanks for sharing the game with the MVSX community :)

We got the 456 megashock, for what it means. :mr_t: We'll share some other files with you when the time's right ;)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Been spending too much quality time with your wife Athena?

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Well, well, well... it's coming together nicely! 🤝 Love the small logo at the top/right corner, BTW.
I just wish that big eye wasn't censoring Sauri's best asset...🧐

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
We'd appreciate it much if you would give us simple feedback confirming:
- that the new version works on you system/BIOS (our previous proto bugged on NEO-MVH MV1AX slots, SP-S2 bios for example)
- that the sound balance seems good to you (no saturation, volume disparities & such)

Tested working with:

AES 3-4/Unibios 3.3
MV1FS/Unibios 4.0
MV4F/Unibios 4.0
MV1C/Unibios 3.3

As for the sound balance, I tried on both a MVS 4-25 big red cab and CRT TV with external Aiwa stereo receiver from the 90's. The music and SFX volume seem fine.

On the stereo receiver, the difference between the amount of bass some music tracks have vs others is very noticeable. For example, the how to play screen has more bass than the character select, and most of the stages, and it's kind of jarring. Perhaps it's because some music is from the PC version vs the 3DO? Otherwise it's probably not your fault, and probably not worth messing with, since the music already came mixed that way.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Tested working with:

AES 3-4/Unibios 3.3
MV1FS/Unibios 4.0
MV4F/Unibios 4.0
MV1C/Unibios 3.3

As for the sound balance, I tried on both a MVS 4-25 big red cab and CRT TV with external Aiwa stereo receiver from the 90's. The music and SFX volume seem fine.

On the stereo receiver, the difference between the amount of bass some music tracks have vs others is very noticeable. For example, the how to play screen has more bass than the character select, and most of the stages, and it's kind of jarring. Perhaps it's because some music is from the PC version vs the 3DO? Otherwise it's probably not your fault, and probably not worth messing with, since the music already came mixed that way.

Hey Alec

Thanks lots for the feedback! :) :) :)
it's useful on many accounts since we had bug reports coming specifically from Unibios 4.0 users on previous revisions.
Regarding the bass, all the music we used from the original game was ripped from the same source (the PC version), so chances are any difference comes from the original mix.

Cheers 🤟

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Here's more new stuff... since I really didn't like the logo used by Viccom on their website (and we needed a higher resolution logo anyway), I've decided to remake it from scratch, using the in-game version as a guide. I've added more "flavor" by mirroring an explosion on the Typhoon part. ;)
This is just a resized preview, BTW.

KB12voj.jpg

Last edited:

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
So here's the bottom line question, when (or if) will we be able to purchase this game in physical form, either MVS or AES?

I don't consider this as homebrew but a legitimate Neo-Geo title (since it was developed professionally but never published).

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
So here's the bottom line question, when (or if) will we be able to purchase this game in physical form, either MVS or AES?

I don't consider this as homebrew but a legitimate Neo-Geo title (since it was developed professionally but never published).
This homebrew Tsunami Edition? Nope. This is very cool, but let's be clear that it's a different game than the original. This is fan-made, not professional.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer

The game can't be exploited commercially (not just because of what belongs to Viccom, we also ripped many other assets infringing lots of different IPs), so we'll be doing an unofficial AES/MVS run for ourselves and some friends. We're unsure yet what we'll do beyond that - we have gauged interest on a couple other forums and there isn't a huge demand, which is fine as we're not too eager to feed the sharks either. :glee:

Neo Alec is right, while most of the assets (sfx/gfx) were made by Viccom, this is as homebrew as you can get. We're happy to fill in a gap (if only partially), and hopefully do the original subject matter justice, but this is a bit as if we had made a pie with the neighbour's apples.

ozzyyzzo

n00b

The NeoGeo prototype which has been originally developed by Viccom has been lost and certainly for good , our version of the game (e.g Tsunami Edition / Saiki) is something completely different but based on original assets from PC/3DO versions.

It has been done with almost no money, limited resources and a tiny team :)

Definitely Homebrew.

Finally there is no intention to make any business or money with this project so my only advice : download it and play it NOW :)

geladobom

War Room Troll
The NeoGeo prototype which has been originally developed by Viccom has been lost and certainly for good , our version of the game (e.g Tsunami Edition / Saiki) is something completely different but based on original assets from PC/3DO versions.

It has been done with almost no money, limited resources and a tiny team :)

Definitely Homebrew.

Finally there is no intention to make any business or money with this project so my only advice : download it and play it NOW :)
What happen to those mini pictures it appears the coins here?
I know the rest of the pictures down below in the website are from 3DO, but this two no.
Check the 3DO Player Select, looks different. Even Natasha icon is in other position.
How they can put the SNK name over the 3DO version if is impossible to photoshop the image.
I still believe this two images or was ripped off from a magazine, or someone have one unfinished game.
Down Below more Credit Coins here: https://www.culturaneogeo.com/protos1

Hey Johnny16Bit check this video again, if you didn´t notice at the beggining of the demo of this game the leader is animated, look at is eye, he blinks the eye. :unsure: Can you share in the future all your flyers in image for putting in mame here? https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/
Thanks for this game, i can now play better.

Attachments

• eye01.png
    eye01.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 10
  • eye05.png
    eye05.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 8
  • The Eye of Typhoon (a.k.a. 극초호권) (Viccom) (MS-DOS) [1996] [PC Longplay] 1-58 screenshot.png
    The Eye of Typhoon (a.k.a. 극초호권) (Viccom) (MS-DOS) [1996] [PC Longplay] 1-58 screenshot.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 9
  • The Eye of Typhoon (a.k.a. 극초호권) (Viccom) (MS-DOS) [1996] [PC Longplay] 2-12 screenshot.png
    The Eye of Typhoon (a.k.a. 극초호권) (Viccom) (MS-DOS) [1996] [PC Longplay] 2-12 screenshot.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 10
  • dragonmastereyeoftyphoonthegreatfighter-1.jpg
    dragonmastereyeoftyphoonthegreatfighter-1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Your post is pointless, @geladobom . We know the game was originally developed for Neo Geo, and the prototype existed at one point. The question is does it still exist and where is it.

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Quick update!

The game is completed - and if all goes well, for good. Yeah, we did keep Vandamme, the lambada and the farting. :mr_t:
We have ordered another pair of AES/MVS samples to check that everything is still in place, and we can call it real and order a few carts.

If you haven't tried the different versions of the game yet, Ozzy has made a little comparison video that shows some of the visual differences between the original 3do/PC versions and ours.

Beta6 for emulators/NeoSD/PC & Switch is 99% like the final version and can be downloaded here https://ozzyouzo.itch.io/teot

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Great can’t wait to order a plastic version

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Long time we haven’t posted an update, so here we go.

As said last month, the game is completed.

Consider that Beta 7, which has been up on the itch.io page for a while now, is identical to the final version, except for a few cosmetic exceptions (namely, the boot sequence + disclaimer, and the “Beta” mention at the bottom of the game screen). Otherwise it’s the exact same game as what we have sent to mount on AES/MVS carts.
That Final version will be made freely available for download next year.

Don’t wait till then to grab the Beta 7 rom for your NeoSD or emulator, as, once again, it is the same completed game ; you can even play it online on Fightcade.

So, here - you got a new neo geo game. Enjoy! :)

IMGP1980.JPG

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Excellent! A thousand thanks to you and your team for all the hard work you put into this great project. At last, NGM-210 can be played.

sirlynxalot

Raiden's Valet
Fagit of the Year
Your post is pointless, @geladobom . We know the game was originally developed for Neo Geo, and the prototype existed at one point. The question is does it still exist and where is it.

I noticed that our new Japanese friend over in the multilingual forum, who is showing off prototype games like Warlocks, happens to have "Eye of the Typhoon" in his NeorageX game list. Could it be that he has the roms of the neogeo version?

Johnny16Bit

Galford's Armourer
Excellent! A thousand thanks to you and your team for all the hard work you put into this great project. At last, NGM-210 can be played.

Thanks @SuperGun - and thanks for the compliments on your website too :)
( NGM-210? :cool: )

I noticed that our new Japanese friend over in the multilingual forum, who is showing off prototype games like Warlocks, happens to have "Eye of the Typhoon" in his NeorageX game list. Could it be that he has the roms of the neogeo version?

I saw that too! Well it can't hurt to ask!
Picture that... 3 Eye of Typhoon releases in the same year after over 25 years of nothingness... That would be just stunning.:kekeke: