The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That I'm not sure about. I do know that she counters, attacks, and blocks more often now.

Still not SNK Boss Syndrome levels of difficulty, which I'm personally fine with.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, free character and mode is always good. Look forward to banging my head against our old friend.

sirlynxalot

Raiden's Valet
Fagit of the Year
Rugal is cool. I'd like to see orochi though, he got short shrift in the KOF games in terms of screen time and (if you played as him in a hack) his move set. When expanding his moves in the KOF 97 ps1 port didn't they give him some of rugals moves like that awkward low hi double kick rugal does and maybe even genocide cutter?

Fygee

20 Year Member
This is freaking awesome. Well done SNK.

I doubt they'll only have this boss challenge mode for Rugal. Bet you $10 other bosses from previous games will make an appearance in the future.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Looking forward to playing them. Really neat that they included alternate costumes for all three.

I wonder when they'll announce the 3rd DLC team.

TimKunming

New Challenger
I really want to like this game, but something just feels "off." I can't quite put my finger on it. I find myself playing it because I think I should, and not because I'm really having fun doing it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Are 3D fighting games as popular in Japanese arcades, as the 2D ones used to be? Maybe they are, I don't know.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I'm not thrilled that they're nickle and diming with DLC character packs, but it is what it is. That's how all games are nowadays it seems. They have all 6 DLC characters on sale as a single purchase for under 20 bucks right now on xbox (both Garou and South Town), so I bit the bullet. They also supposedly tweaked the gameplay balance and added new music per the latest patch update according to the press release.

I plan on putting a lot more time into it this weekend. I haven't played it much the last month or so, but I have played through the story mode at least a dozen times, and find the game quite fun. I haven't always been the biggest KOF fan either, they're often hit or miss for me, but this one plays pretty well in my opinion, and I like it much more than the last installment which I thought was a step back from 13.

100proof

10 Year Member
Gotta say, I really like the tweaks they made to the Southtown boys. Geese in his business suit, Yamazaki in the pimp coat w/ the OTG stomp move and he seems more crazy and screamy than usual. Even Billy has a good mix of moves. I'm diggin' it.

sirlynxalot

Raiden's Valet
Fagit of the Year
I'm going to assume no, but is there a physical copy available for PC, or is it download only?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Console crossplay was announced for sometime next year. That's quite a wait, but I am still looking forward to dusting the Xbox version off when it comes. I wish games would just launch with this feature. Seems like all the effort is put into launching games these days, and features are later added piecemeal to keep people interested.

100proof

10 Year Member
Sam Sho getting rollback and crossplay as well (on everything except Switch/Stadia).

Japanese developers are just realizing how important stuff like that is if you want long-term engagement with your game. Tough to sell people three years of season passes if there's nobody to play with online.

Fygee

20 Year Member
And with that announcement, the initial and DLC character leaks were 100% dead on. Incredible.

Great to see Shingo back, and correcting the mistake of not having Kim from the get go. Looks like they're going to be single entry?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I’m hype for Darli…really wish we could get a Forgotten Art of Fighting and ForgottenFatal Fury teams…

Jack
Eiji
Mickey

Rick S.
Franco
Chonrei