Selling Candy MVU4 - Portland, OR

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Everything in my signature (edit: carts will be sold in a separate thread). I don’t have the time to play it any longer (two daughters <2) and am facing a cross country move… it made it once unscathed, but not risking it again.

If someone is interested in the whole she-bang I’ll take a look and note which titles are boots (some of the more rare ones are).

Cabinet is in good overall condition. I’ve not refurbished it since it arrived from Japan, but it’s certainly not beat to hell. All controls were replaced and work as brand new. Marquee doesn’t light. Monitor is sharp and bright with no burn-in.

Will get a photo or a few when I get home to it. It looks pretty standard. Edit: ah-ha it looks the same as the last time I almost sold it. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/4-slot-neo-candy-25-mvu4-in-northern-va.231408/

The 4-slot has had a “new” battery out in. It’s probably near 10 years old at this point, but it’s not going to melt down. One or two of the slots can be finicky, as is typical with these things that have not had a full going over.

No idea what this is worth as I’ve been out of the game for a while. Even if not interested, I’d be curious on ballpark value of the cabinet and board. I can look games up individually.

Pickup would be in Portland, OR.

Also feel free to talk me out if selling something I’m likely to never find again. This thing was a childhood “kid” dream. Now that 911s have reached stupid prices it might be the only one I ever justify.

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Damn, nice cab! And one finally in my neck of the woods! Probably to rich for my blood, though.
GLWTS!

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's the price? Against the rules to list something for sale and not show a price. Lovely cab!

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I haven’t seen one listed for sale in near a decade and back then $800 was reasonable. Let’s say $1000?

Edit: I was way off on price. For a forum member, let’s say $1800.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
That's a damn steal. Makes me want to leave for Portland right now.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven’t seen one listed for sale in near a decade and back then $800 was reasonable. Let’s say $1000.

That's an absolute steal. You should be able to sell that very fast at that price. I would pay up to $2k for that unit easy if I still lived in Portland.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
$1000 is a solid deal these days for sure. Hope it goes to a good home.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Man, that's a steal at that price. Why do I live in europe😭

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I sold mine locally over a year ago for $1800 and I had a shit ton of people interested. At that price you'll probably have it out of your house within the next few hours. GLWTS.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
If you're moving back near Virginia, and for some ungodly reason don't find a buyer I'll pick it up from you once you move.

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It is a steal at $1k. If it's something you won't miss/not interested anymore then consider parting with. But don't part with only later wanting to reacquire with same hope what you sold for and condition. You'll pay a premium, and maybe that's ok. These are just becoming little gems now and sought after.

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
This is the pricing help I was looking for. Thank you all. I don’t need it sold within hours, don’t need top dollar, but do want a fair deal for both parties. I’m hearing numbers (some privately) between $1800 and $2500 in order to avoid flippers. This is for cab and board only. I still need to inventory my carts before I could bundle them. All have shockboxes and inserts. I also have a few crappy “kits” (I think that’s what they were called?).

I will certainly miss it, but my attachment has waned for a variety of reasons since I last listed for sale [and reneged] nine years ago. It’s time for it to get the playtime it deserves as opposed to being a show/conversation piece in the background of all my Zoom meetings.

Not moving to VA, sorry. VT. If someone wanted to throw in few extra hundred to pick it up there it’s not much effort to have the movers bring it. I’d probably need a significant deposit up front because I‘m mostly selling because I specifically don’t want to move and risk damaging it.

Anyone interested in carts?

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
1800/2500 are indeed the prices down here. Most over 2k.

c0nn0r

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are in Portland - consider reaching out to Ground Kontrol or Quarterworld. They might want to take it off your hands, or know someone in their community who is local and would take it off your hands for a fair price.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I would make the drive for it if its still $1000. Always wanted one.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1800/2500 are indeed the prices down here. Most over 2k.
This.

I mean - if you sold to a Neo homie, sure I think $1000'd be awesome, (I cant afford it and have no more room, not asking for me, dont worry).

But to a craigslist/KLOV/A-P/Facebook Schmuck, $1800 minimum my dude.

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Some photos! Buttons are Sanwa, but I can't remember what the sticks are. If anyone needs a shot of anything specifc, please ask. Couldn't get a good photo of the hardware grid test due to refresh rate, but it is perfect.

It's dusty. What looks like a scratch across the screen is just a reflection.tempImagejDM19c.jpgtempImageMMkeJq.jpgtempImageBa3VRi.jpgtempImageKP5xSE.jpgtempImagev3qu16.jpgtempImageSjU3QR.jpgtempImageeCaWwD.jpg

tempImagezExL86.jpg

iammike

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don't know cart values so they're currently only posted in the "what it's worth" forum.