2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
There are 5 Game 7's this weekend.

The Bruins and Hurricanes will get things going Saturday at PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina (4:30 p.m. ET; ESPN, SNE, SNW, SNP, SN360, TVAS). That will be followed with the Maple Leafs and Lightning from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto (7 p.m. ET; TNT, SN, CBC, TVAS), and the Oilers and Kings from Rogers Place in Edmonton (10 p.m. ET; ESPN, SN, CBC, TVAS).

On Sunday in the East, the New York Rangers will play the Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden (7 p.m. ET; TBS, SNE, SNO, SNP, SN360) after they rallied for a 5-3 win in Game 6 on Friday.

In the West, the Dallas Stars will play the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledown in Calgary (9:30 p.m. ET; ESPN2, SN, TVAS) after they won 4-2 in Game 6 on Friday.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup:
- Jets last finals appearance: never / last win: never
- Leafs last finals appearance: 1967 / last win: 1967
- Flames last finals appearance: 2004 / last win 1989
- Oilers last finals appearance: 2006 / last win 1990
- Senators last finals appearance: 2007/ last win: 1927
- Canucks last finals appearance: 2011 / last win: never
- Canadiens last finals appearance: 2021 / last win: 1993

Some day they'll learn the lesson that it's not okay to live on the other side of an arbitrary line.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Ugh... Leafs fans are cursed. Plus they lost to the g-d Lightning.
If the Bolts win a third straight Stanley Cup I don't think it's too bad of a result for the Leafs.

Apparently Lightning are rather fond of the Leafs since they basically have the same uniforms. Hahaha.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Dallas goalie stood on his head. I can't recall if they had their OT time out left or not, but I would have tried to call it for him to breathe the shift before the game ended. Epic game of hockey and now we can see Kassian and Tkachuk try to murder each other again.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
At this point the firing of Blashill is the best win I'm going to get this season. And I'll take it.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I didn't realize how busy South Florida will be tonight, the Panthers are hosting the Lightning in Sunrise, while the Heat will be hosting the Celtics in downtown Miami.

famicommander

15 Year Member
And yet not one person in either arena will be an actual fan.

Miami fans are the only fans in pro sports worse than Atlanta and Phoenix fans.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Philly's got you covered there. Worst fans in US sports.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Denver fans and Philly fans actually care about their teams regardless.

Miami, Atlanta, and Phoenix fans only show up when the teams are in contention for a title, and even then, they have trouble selling out.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Honestly, blind fandom gets you teams like the Maple Leafs. A team that hasn't won a playoff series since the Atlanta Thrashers' fifth season and yet people give stupid amounts of money. I think Toronto certainly is in a better place now since that time, but man, they really mailed it in over the past decade and a half.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Denver fans and Philly fans actually care about their teams regardless.

Miami, Atlanta, and Phoenix fans only show up when the teams are in contention for a title, and even then, they have trouble selling out.

I'll take fickle fans who don't particularly care over fucking animals who have no couth or perspective. Not saying Denver fans are that way necessarily... just saying Bill Burr was right about the city of Philadelphia.