Daaaang.. Ray Liotta died.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Get a sleep study, y’all. CPAP machines save lives.
Did they confirm if it was sleep apnea? So far I've read he just died in his sleep, which could be a number of different things.

But yeah, sleep apnea is a killer. Been using a CPAP for 12 years now.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member

I heard he smelled like apples…​

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Sad news. I saw him in Hanna just a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit I thought he was in prosthetics at first, he looked that rough. Then again he always had a well worn face.

I did used to wonder why Scorsese never used him again.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Sad news. I saw him in Hanna just a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit I thought he was in prosthetics at first, he looked that rough. Then again he always had a well worn face.

I did used to wonder why Scorsese never used him again.
Yeah..I noticed his appearance several years back..he hadn't looked well for quite sometime imo.
BB

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Did they confirm if it was sleep apnea? So far I've read he just died in his sleep, which could be a number of different things.

Not confirmed; I’m just reminded of my own experience almost dying in my sleep during my sleep study.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That bad eh? Mine was 100 incidents per hour when I first had it done. Awful.

Hope the CPAP is treating you well.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thanks man, you too. I’m 7 years into it now.

The mouth guards, the surgery…nothing else has had the efficacy of the machine for me.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Dude could make any movie watchable, see The Many Saints of Newark for evidence.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

I've got a BiPap. I hated it at first, but now I can't sleep without it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Field of Dreams kicks ass, right

edit: https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...eld-of-dreams-most-heartbreaking-reason.html/

"But it’s a movie Liotta has never seen. The actor revealed that in an interview with Huff Post several years back. “My mom was really sick during that period, so it brings back other things,” he stated. Liotta elaborated in 2021 that he did actually sit down to watch it with his mother but she was so sick at the time that “she couldn’t really enjoy herself so we left and I just equate it with that.” He added: “I will [see it] someday, maybe.”

Well dang he'll never see it now.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Super sucks. A movie and video game icon. He wasn't even that old. RIP

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Rip

He’ll mostly be remembered for Goodfellas but if anybody ever gets a chance, check out NARC (unfortunately not based on the video game).

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That bad eh? Mine was 100 incidents per hour when I first had it done. Awful.

Hope the CPAP is treating you well.

Going on 5 years with mine. I never felt tired, but people have been telling me I stop breathing while sleeping since college.
My old roommate finally got one and said he never felt more rested in his life. I didn't have that experience, but I use it regardless. My incidents were something crazy like 100 as well. Now it's less than 5 on most nights.

Where I really notice it is after a night of heavy drinking. I wouldn't make it without it....